Pooky

Securing the Border, Napolitano stylee

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Janet Napolitano offers to help put stop to illegal border crossings — in Saudi Arabia

ABU DHABI — The United States government, which has difficulty controlling its own borders, has agreed to help Saudi Arabia secure its dangerous border areas near Yemen.

In late May, Ms. Napolitano met Saudi leaders to discuss a range of security programs, including training, joint exercises, intelligence and arms sales. Officials said both the Americans and Saudis agreed that the Iranian-backed Shi'ite insurgency from Yemen was the leading threat to Riyad.

Officials said Riyad and Washington were expanding cooperation in protecting the kingdom's borders from insurgents and smugglers, Middle East Newsline reported. They said the biggest threat was the Shi'ite insurgency in neighboring Yemen, which shares a 1,600-kilometer border with Saudi Arabia.

Officials acknowledged that thousands of Yemenis were infiltrating Saudi Arabia despite recent border security measures. They said many of the Yemeni infiltrators were smugglers.

"So many of our discussions were about how to protect a very tough, geological, topographical border from illegal crossings," Ms. Napolitano said during a visit to the Saudi kingdom on May 31.

Officials said Saudi Arabia and the United States were also expanding their intelligence exchange. They said the expansion began during the Yemeni Shi'ite war in southern Saudi Arabia in November 2009, which included the capture of two Saudi towns.

"We all share a concern about terrorist activity emanating from Yemen," Ms. Napolitano said. "Actions of the U.S. in Yemen are with the consent, cooperation of the government of Yemen."

Officials said the U.S. military was modernizing the Saudi Arabian National Guard as well as Interior Ministry security forces. They said Riyad has ordered hundreds of millions of dollars worth of air- and ground-based reconnaissance equipment to monitor the desert border with Yemen.

Another area of consultation has been the Al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, which operates in both Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Officials said most of the AQAP leadership was comprised of Saudi nationals.

"The security coordination is very strong with Saudi Arabia," Ms. Napolitano said.

World Tribune link

This is from back in June, but it's still funny, in an OMG I can't believe it kind of way. :blink:

If they can help secure 1,000 miles of border in Saudi, which is a long way from home, they can certainly do better at securing the 2,500 miles or so of border we have here. :angry:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

given she couldn't control her own state's border, i don't think she'll meet with much success.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Come on guys, don't beat up on her... our border with Mexico is roughly TWICE that size. There's no way we could secure the border that's actually HERE, IN THE UNITED STATES, because it's twice as big as the one 15,000 miles away in Saudi. No way.

Give her a break.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Come on guys, don't beat up on her... our border with Mexico is roughly TWICE that size. There's no way we could secure the border that's actually HERE, IN THE UNITED STATES, because it's twice as big as the one 15,000 miles away in Saudi. No way.

Give her a break.

you just broke my sarcasm detector :(

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Give her a break.

We would if she was hot. But these ladies just always seem to be Butt Ugly, whatz up with that?!

janet2.jpg

reno_drool.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I wouldn't give a ####### what Napolitano looked like if she did her job competently. Unfortunately she is both butt ugly and incompetent. Exactly why an open borders illegal alien cheerleader like Obama hired her. Not because she is ugly, but because she is ineffective and incompetent.

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Which is why I love Nancy Pelosi. Not only is she a GILF, she's great at her job!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Which is why I love Nancy Pelosi. Not only is she a GILF, she's great at her job!

now you've done it, slim. send your russian hotty to me, and chase grannys all you like.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline

now you've done it, slim. send your russian hotty to me, and chase grannys all you like.

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Are you sitting there telling me you wouldn't invite Nancy in for a little menage action?

Русский форум член.

Timeline

Are you sitting there telling me you wouldn't invite Nancy in for a little menage action?

it's too late. next he's gonna think janet reno is hot.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I bet she was hot back in her day. You know, BC.

Русский форум член.