^_^

A good example of what's wrong with kids these days...

59 posts in this topic

Why not continue looking for more suitable work and adjust some claims (and make money) in the meantime? :wacko:
Maybe it's hard to look for another suitable jobs while working full time at a job which pays $40,000 (US.) You don't expect to be just let out for 3, 4 hours every so often so you can go interview at another job. Trust me engineering and other science related jobs require longs and many interviews. For one jobs, a scientist can abe expected to interviewed many times. I was. And by a panel. Panel interviews are sucha ######. Each person tries to one up another in coming up with most absurd question to ask. To sum up what I want to say, you can't properly look for another job while working full time at a decent job.

Also, this kid can afford to deny this offer. If he couldn't, he would've jumped on the offer. I knew I would've.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Timeline

Maybe it's hard to look for another suitable jobs while working full time at a job which pays $40,000 (US.) You don't expect to be just let out for 3, 4 hours every so often so you can go interview at another job. Trust me engineering and other science related jobs require longs and many interviews. For one jobs, a scientist can abe expected to interviewed many times. I was. And by a panel. Panel interviews are sucha ######. Each person tries to one up another in coming up with most absurd question to ask. To sum up what I want to say, you can't properly look for another job while working full time at a decent job.

If that was so difficult, people would never be able to change jobs. You sound like you're either lazy or you don't conserve your PTOs.

No, your point was that kids who get parental assistance don't take a job out of college and wait for "the perfect offer". You're wrong about that, generally speaking.

That was not my point. My point had nothing to do with kids, but with their parents' perceptions of why the situation was such. My point is entirely that the parents enabled their childrens' "objectionable" behavior.

Also, this kid can afford to deny this offer. If he couldn't, he would've jumped on the offer. I knew I would've.

My point is concurrent with this statement. The parents have enabled this kid to deny the offer. The kid didn't take the job because he could afford not to and that wasn't because he worked so hard to get through college, it was because his parents enabled him to be in that position.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

my parents helped pay for my education but also expected me to contribute. They cut me off from any assistance at all pretty much right after graduation and while I still had a significant amount of college debt. Really, it was the best thing they could do for me - it was hard at first but I learned a lot about living within my means and financial responsibility in the following years. I also graduated in the middle of a recession and did a few crappy jobs in order to get by - I am certain this has helped me much more in my career than if I sat around waiting for the "right offer"

90day.jpg

If that was so difficult, people would never be able to change jobs. You sound like you're either lazy or you don't conserve your PTOs.
You know me so well. -rolls eyes-

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

My Commodore 64 raised me, therefore I have decided I am in the Commodore Generation. The first thing I ever wrote "typed" was Load "*" 8,1

commodore-amiga-500.jpg

*happy sigh*

You know they don't make stuff like they used to. You could drop one of these things down a flight of stairs and they'd still be in perfect working order.

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

commodore-amiga-500.jpg

*happy sigh*

You know they don't make stuff like they used to. You could drop one of these things down a flight of stairs and they'd still be in perfect working order.

I guess, but when I took my first commodore apart (it died it 87ish, so we got another) I think the motherboard was basically cardboard with parts glued to it and wrapped in aluminum foil lol.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

But he was born in 81 according to his VJ profile! That's even younger than me! But my family didn't own a computer til the year 2000. lol. I could only access them at friends' houses or somewhere else. So I am lost on this Commodore stuff!

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

But he was born in 81 according to his VJ profile! That's even younger than me! But my family didn't own a computer til the year 2000. lol. I could only access them at friends' houses or somewhere else. So I am lost on this Commodore stuff!

that sounds like our family.. I think we got our first computer in 1990 but it was a Comordore 64 that a family friend donated to us.. our family didn't get a more modern computer with internet until about 2001.. lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

We had the brown version of the C64 from 82-87ish. Then in 87 my dad bought a newer 64 that was white. Then he got a 386 in 1991. That's when my life entered the dark age of technology, because that was it until 99.