justashooter

No citizenship for US-born migrant kids

82 posts in this topic

who said there was anything wrong with them?

I just find it amusing that you try and insult me by putting me into a class you have no business putting me into. As per usual baiting, trolling, and running your mouth purposefully trying to get people to attack you on something. Whatever gives you your self-gratification though I suppose.

Your posts demonstrate your lack of experience. If you did attend a good higher education college, you failed to learn anything because, as I pointed out, such institutions ENCOURAGE original thought. Perhaps you were simply too lazy to do the research? However, I am going with my original conclusion, that you simply didn't attend a University. If you think this is baiting, trolling and a personal attack, report it. If not, then your post is merely what you claim mine is.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Your posts demonstrate your lack of experience. If you did attend a good higher education college, you failed to learn anything because, as I pointed out, such institutions ENCOURAGE original thought. Perhaps you were simply too lazy to do the research? However, I am going with my original conclusion, that you simply didn't attend a University. If you think this is baiting, trolling and a personal attack, report it. If not, then your post is merely what you claim mine is.

Right, the best way to describe it is that at the high school level you are effectively lectured 70% of the time with maybe 30% independent critical thinking.

In University its generally the opposite 30% lecture 70% independent critical thinking. Though Paul is right in one sense. If you come to a conclusion that differs from your professor your grades on papers may come to harm if the professor has a bit of an ego. Though to be honest, I rarely experienced it (Maybe once? twice?).

Edited by Sousuke

Right, the best way to describe it is that at the high school level you are effectively lectured 70% of the time with maybe 30% independent critical thinking.

In University its generally the opposite 30% lecture 70% independent critical thinking. Though Paul is right in one sense. If you come to a conclusion that differs from your professor your grades on papers may come to harm if the professor has a bit of an ego. Though to be honest, I rarely experienced it (Maybe once? twice?).

That's the point though, even a professor with an ego can't trash a paper if it is properly researched and backed up with evidence - and if he does you can make an appeal, it's perfectly proper to do that within the University system. What normally happens is that the person who feels their paper has been censored, actually hasn't provided the proper evidence or coherently worked their argument. Re-read the papers you think were badly marked and see if you see it the same way now. My bet is, you will see the flaws in your arguments from this distance.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Stop dodging the issue at hand with your tangential response. Either respond to what I asked directly or don't bother responding to me. OKTHNKSBYE.

you're the one that introduced the tangent of them perhaps emigrating to china, not me.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

That's what I said, bumblebee, for various legal reasons you need a frigging birth certificate. Let me draw you all a narrow picture since that's seems to be the percepts of your mind: A illegal Mexicans couple have baby in Arizona and they are eventually deported. Their baby without a birth certificate. But these couple decide to move to China legally and they need a birth certificate of their baby. What are they going to do then since AZ won't issue a birth certificate even though the baby was born in Arizona?

Having a certificate of birth in a country doesn't have to mean citizenship in that country. There are 100s of 1000s of children born abroad (outside the country of their parents) every year. In almost none of the countries in which they are born is there or will there ever be anything resembling citizenship based entirely on place of birth.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

That's what I said, bumblebee, for various legal reasons you need a frigging birth certificate. Let me draw you all a narrow picture since that's seems to be the percepts of your mind: A illegal Mexicans couple have baby in Arizona and they are eventually deported. Their baby without a birth certificate. But these couple decide to move to China legally and they need a birth certificate of their baby. What are they going to do then since AZ won't issue a birth certificate even though the baby was born in Arizona?

You can move to China legally, but you can't immigrate to China. If you are born in China and your parents aren't Chinese or Ethnic Chinese, you don't get citizenship. You do get a certificate of birth from the hospital, not the government, but it affords you no rights. You have to be registered with your parents' embassy, get a passport, and then get a visa to remain in China. If you don't do that within a certain number of days (barely enough to get your passport) you, the newborn infant, can be deported or at least your parents can be charged a large fine and have to prostrate themselves in apology to the foreign police.

You may think this is off topic, but it is just to point out that this new possibility is not unheard of. It's common practice in many places around the world.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: Other Timeline

The whole Arizona law and now the discussion about the US-born children of illegal immigrants serve one good purpose: they got the ball rolling.

Had Arizona not made this such a public issue (the overwhelming media coverage surely helped), no politician would have touched immigration reform in an election year with a 10-foot pole as the nation is clearly divided on this. Division means no clear guestimate on how many voters will be turned on or turned off on the proposed action. Politicians don't like that.

Since politics in its essence is all about not stepping on anybody's toes, proposing everybody everything, nothing dramatic will be done unless there's an overwhelming majority of voters who tend to support one side. I'm sure there will be much entertaining discussion coming our way for the remainder of the year.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

chinese would never let them immigrate.

do you have any idea of how hard it is to immigrate to china legally, or how hard it is for a round eyeto remain there illegally?

i thought not.

Excuse me, but what is that supposed to mean??

illegal mexicans are like mongols in that they come to rape and pillage, and take resources they have not earned. look at the FBI most wanted list, and the lines of them getting WIC, AFDC, cash assistance, section 8 housing, HEAP, etc.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Timeline

Well you are entitled to your opinion, sir. Wasn't sure if you are just being antagonistic or really meant what you said.

Though it is unfair to judge an entire nation by their illegal immigrant counterparts in the US.

when over 10% of a nation is invading another adjacent nation by illegal entry it is more than anecdotal.

Timeline

No one called Wong Kim Ark should be allowed to bring suit against the United States anyway. That should be a privilege reserved for actual Americans.

wok kim ark was heard in the 19th century, before the category of illegal immigrant existed. wok kim's family was legally in USA, and he was legally born here, thereby. children of illegals do not have the same standing.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After listening to The Shooter's expressed views that he wishes to man a machine gun nest on the border, I can entirely believe that he sees himself as the one man of quality in a nation of savages.

Either that or he has watched The Wild Bunch one too many times...

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

After listening to The Shooter's expressed views that he wishes to man a machine gun nest on the border, I can entirely believe that he sees himself as the one man of quality in a nation of savages.

Either that or he has watched The Wild Bunch one too many times...

lol really! Do you have the link?