Hilarious Clinton

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

17 posts in this topic

(NASA should not give a f#ck what any religion does or says. We really need to dump Obama. He is such an embarrassment.)

NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said in a recent interview that his "foremost" mission as the head of America's space exploration agency is to improve relations with the Muslim world.

Though international diplomacy would seem well outside NASA's orbit, Bolden said in an interview with Al Jazeera that strengthening those ties was among the top tasks President Obama assigned him. He said better interaction with the Muslim world would ultimately advance space travel.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.

The NASA administrator was in the Middle East last month marking the one-year anniversary since Obama delivered an address to Muslim nations in Cairo. Bolden spoke in June at the American University in Cairo -- in his interview with Al Jazeera, he described space travel as an international collaboration of which Muslim nations must be a part.

"It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," he said. He held up the International Space Station as a model, praising the contributions there from the Russians and the Chinese.

However, Bolden denied the suggestion that he was on a diplomatic mission -- in a distinctly non-diplomatic role.

"Not at all. It's not a diplomatic anything," he said.

He said the United States is not going to travel beyond low-Earth orbit on its own and that no country is going to make it to Mars without international help.

Bolden has faced criticism this year for overseeing the cancellation of the agency's Constellation program, which was building new rockets and spaceships capable of returning astronauts to the moon. Stressing the importance of international cooperation in future missions, Bolden told Al Jazeera that the moon, Mars and asteroids are still planned destinations for NASA.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2453831/posts

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

w........t.........f? :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Obviously a task not appropriate as a priority...

But I love reading the comments on stories like this...

"Is there anyone, anywhere with an IQ higher than the freezing point of water who does not know that Obama plans to destroy the USA and promote the Islamic world above all else! "

:rofl:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Obviously a task not appropriate as a priority...

But I love reading the comments on stories like this...

"Is there anyone, anywhere with an IQ higher than the freezing point of water who does not know that Obama plans to destroy the USA and promote the Islamic world above all else! "

:rofl:

:thumbs:

I like you.:dance:

But we may not agree on everything in the future.

Edited by evli1966

When I saw this on FoxNews website, I knew the idiots are going to have a field day with this. Let me tell you the real reason why NASA is courting the Muslim countries, especially in Middle East. NASA is broke. It's got no money. But Musilm countries in Middle East have someting like 1 trillion dollars sloshing around waiting to be invested in something. But Western world is weary of letting Muslims invest in West. Remember the port incident? Dubai World wanted to buy the port but American protectionism kicked in. NASA just wants the money from Muslims. But by speaking to Muslims in a much you-are-my-partner-in-this way, it's going to get the despotic Arab leaders more worked up about this. They'll start investing in NASA and space program for prestige reason. After all that's what Arab leaders like to do with their biggest everything dream: tallest building, biggest snow park, fastest this, slowest that, cleanest clean room, etc. You get the point.

At the end it's true, NASA is much less of an American thing and more of a human thing. One small step for mankind and one giant leap for mankind and all that ish. I'm sorry that many Americans won't be able to see past their fake eyelashes.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

At the end it's true, NASA is much less of an American thing and more of a human thing. One small step for mankind and one giant leap for mankind and all that ish. I'm sorry that many Americans won't be able to see past their fake eyelashes.

Why do you even live here? Your attitude about this great country sucks and we really dont need that nonsense.

As far as NASA and our relations with the Muslim world goes I would say the balls in there court and if there interested in improving relations with us I would be more than happy to accept it.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If there's one thing the US needs it's less Americans telling other people how their attitudes are "unwelcome".

Speak for yourself Simpson, not the country. And drop the royal "we" - how arrogant can you be?

Why do you even live here? Your attitude about this great country sucks and we really dont need that nonsense.

As far as NASA and our relations with the Muslim world goes I would say the balls in there court and if there interested in improving relations with us I would be more than happy to accept it.

I'll pack up my bags and move to North Korea tomorrow. OKTHANXBYE.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Promise?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

If there's one thing the US needs it's less Americans telling other people how their attitudes are "unwelcome".

Pike let me give you little inside info., to most Americans this attitude is not welcomed.

Speak for yourself Simpson, not the country. And drop the royal "we" - how arrogant can you be?

So is it "united I stand"???

Im tired of people like this who dont have Americas best intentions in mind and just use this country all the while acting like were nothing more than a bunch of idiots.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Let me know if you need help, I will be more than happy to help you. I only hope you treat the next country a little better.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im tired of people like this who dont have Americas best intentions in mind and just use this country all the while acting like were nothing more than a bunch of idiots.

He said, "many Americans". I take it you're one of the ones he was talking about otherwise it wouldn't bother you.

:thumbs:

I like you.:dance:

But we may not agree on everything in the future.

haha, yeah chances are good!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

it makes sense.

The US and NASA are actually behind in the space race now...

The space port that's being developed in Dubai is amazing and in a class of its own...

I think it's a good idea to reach out to people who care about space explortation, development, commercial travel, etc.

At least those people are trying to find ways to make money and do something with their economy.

American innovation is what led us in the 20th century. Our lack of in the past couple of decades is what's destroying us as a nation. If we cannot find things in science, in math, or whatver to create new products for us to manufacture and make at home, we're doomed.

Anything we can learn/get help on from others at this poing is important. Regardless of what region they are from.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Pike let me give you little inside info., to most Americans this attitude is not welcomed.

Says you.

So is it "united I stand"???

I'm tired of people who think it is fine and dandy to tell others to get out of the country because they don't like opinions that they disagree with. Not exactly in the spirit of the Constitution is it.

Perhaps you should "get out".