anthill

Withdrawal of K-1 Visa

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can enlighten me. Things did not work out with my fiancee. I sent a letter to

NVC, the USCIS Vermont Service Center and the US Embassy in Manila stating that I want to withdraw

my petition. I received a letter from NVC today stating that all further inquires should be made

to the US Embassy in Manila. My question is will the US Embassy send me a letter stating that my

petition has been officially withdrawn? Thank you...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can enlighten me. Things did not work out with my fiancee. I sent a letter to

NVC, the USCIS Vermont Service Center and the US Embassy in Manila stating that I want to withdraw

my petition. I received a letter from NVC today stating that all further inquires should be made

to the US Embassy in Manila. My question is will the US Embassy send me a letter stating that my

I doubt it.... you would be best served e-mailing or calling them for confirmation

YMMV

Hi Everyone,

hello there.. same here we had a K1 withdrawal last Dec. 2010 my honey sent a notarized letter stating that he is withdrawing our case and after that he received an e-mail confirming that it is already withdrawn and me, after a month i received too a copy of it...

Edited by godsgift
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

hello there.. same here we had a K1 withdrawal last Dec. 2010 my honey sent a notarized letter stating that he is withdrawing our case and after that he received an e-mail confirming that it is already withdrawn and me, after a month i received too a copy of it...

FYI, Notarization NOT needed in withdrawing a petition or affidavit of support. Really.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

FYI, Notarization NOT needed in withdrawing a petition or affidavit of support. Really.

Absolutely NOT required. I recommend doing so for both, nevertheless. It's easy and usually free.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Absolutely NOT required. I recommend doing so for both, nevertheless. It's easy and usually free.

yep that's what we did.. and no harm done to us... :yes: :yes: :yes:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Sorry pushyb. I respectfully disagree. I did it and succeeded WO notarization. You cannot say the same.

But we aren't disagreeing. I said it is not required and I'm not the least bit surprised you were successful without notarizing pretty much anything in the visa process or to withdraw a petition or affidavit of support. It is definitely NOT a requirement.

What I said was that I advise doing it anyway. The reason is that you are making an official request that can ONLY be honored from you. In any such circumstance, having a notary attest that it was indeed YOU, who signed the request, CAN help and NEVER hurts.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

But we aren't disagreeing. I said it is not required and I'm not the least bit surprised you were successful without notarizing pretty much anything in the visa process or to withdraw a petition or affidavit of support. It is definitely NOT a requirement.

What I said was that I advise doing it anyway. The reason is that you are making an official request that can ONLY be honored from you. In any such circumstance, having a notary attest that it was indeed YOU, who signed the request, CAN help and NEVER hurts.

Yeh, nice touch but one more expense and trip in the car to do a notarization that is unnecessarily. Most of us have all too many tasks to do while living life and in addition going thru this taxing, demanding and overly stressful immigration process. Why would you recommend an unnecessary task of notarization if it is not vital and needed. Just keeping it real, pushyb. Maybe you are too far distanced from the process to make a real world recommendation,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Yeh, nice touch but one more expense and trip in the car to do a notarization that is unnecessarily.
I've always had papers notarized for free at my bank, or from a notary at my workplace.
Maybe you are too far distanced from the process to make a real world recommendation,
And maybe not, truth be known.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I've always had papers notarized for free at my bank, or from a notary at my workplace.And maybe not, truth be known.

No matter free or a charge, going out of your way for a notarization NOT NEEDED gives the petitioner ONE MORE TASK of BUSY WORK that he does not need on his plate. When will this be understood. Instead, live life and ENJOY YOURSELF.

On your deathbed, you will not be saying, "Gee, I wish I had done more busywork in my life." :wacko:

Peace.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
No matter free or a charge, going out of your way for a notarization NOT NEEDED gives the petitioner ONE MORE TASK of BUSY WORK that he does not need on his plate. When will this be understood.
Well, gee -- I'm at my bank for other reasons or at my workplace anyway. I don't think that I can handle ONE MORE TASK of BUSY WORK, no man. Peace.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Well, gee -- I'm at my bank for other reasons or at my workplace anyway. I don't think that I can handle ONE MORE TASK of BUSY WORK, no man. Peace.

Tx, I withdrew a K1 just fine without a notarized letter. Can you say the same? I thought not. Please dont assign folks here busy work. We are living real lives out here without a moment to spare. We dont have a nice bank like you that gives you all the freebies.

The point is, YOU DONT NEED A NOTARIZATION TO WITHDRAW A PETITION OR AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT.

Do you get it yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.