sjr09

Sheriff Calls in ICE in Wake of Oil Spill

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Note to "laughing liberals"

Big Dog disappeared at the first sign he was wrong and maybe Obama has more responsibility than he would like to admit. Nina stayed around and sputtered absurdities, took shots at libertarians (yes, the first resort of an engineer in a debate, insult political parties :lol: )but ran out of things to blather about and left with the BS that she is an engineer. Funny how that happens.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

WHere the heck is the 'bomb issuing department' anyway? I should know this, really...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yes, it has been used in deepwater wells. It takes more bang for those. Surface wells have been turned off with relatively small charges of dynamite. Red Adair was doing it for years before he died. Too bad we don't have him around anymore, eh?

The rest of your post is excuses for Obama's lack of...anything. It is not a $2 idea, it is well known. Oil companies are not allowed to pack around MOABs, sorry. It will HAVE to be the government that does this. They know about it, it has been briefed to them. The Russians did it 40+ years ago, then found out nukes weren't even needed.

It will eventually be used to stop the well. Nothing else will work, Obama knows it, BP knows it and now you know it.

Funny how before I was just the guy getting signals from outer space and now you squirm to make excuses.

What would be wrong with the government using one of their bombs to shut down the oil well? Maybe just try it, eh? What harm will it do?

What harm? Perhaps make the leak worse... If you don't think that this and many other possible solutions have been considered, let alone tried and failed, simply to create an argument for higher taxes then you have let your bias' and paranoia run away with your thinking.

BP is going to take a financial and public relations bath the longer this problem persists, and your insinuation that Obama would be using the spill to further yet another of your own political agenda with another conspiracy theory are really too much. To suggest either is desiring the leak to continue defies reality and enters tin foil hat super-stardom.

Nothing says using an explosive device might not be just the trick, but many experts also suggest against it.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

What harm? Perhaps make the leak worse... If you don't think that this and many other possible solutions have been considered, let alone tried and failed, simply to create an argument for higher taxes then you have let your bias' and paranoia run away with your thinking.

BP is going to take a financial and public relations bath the longer this problem persists, and your insinuation that Obama would be using the spill to further yet another of your own political agenda with another conspiracy theory are really too much. To suggest either is desiring the leak to continue defies reality and enters tin foil hat super-stardom.

Nothing says using an explosive device might not be just the trick, but many experts also suggest against it.

Name one. An expert that is against it.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

IMO he is affraid of the possibility that one of those involved in implementing the solution would screw up and he would look worse than a BP exec... regardless of the fact that it would work.. it would solve the problem in a matter of seconds.. there are enough folks out there with tin foil hats that would go nuts over the idea...

I can hear it now.. protests exclaiming that the US was going to nuke its source of seafood.. or the foolish premise that we could fracture the earths crust and destroy the world....

I grew up fishing is florida waters ... my entire life I have seen the environment decline.. and now when we had the option to prevent it from getting worse.. we sat by and pointed fingers at BP... our governments inaction is far worse than BP's actions that caused this...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Name one. An expert that is against it.

Professor Julius Langlinais, from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge to name but one, but although I am a non-expert, I also agree with his conclusion the longer the spill goes on the more the risks of trying the explosive option begin to fall in favor of at least trying it. For now he recommends caution.

For sure there are more.

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

Professor Julius Langlinais, from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge to name but one, but although I am a non-expert, I also agree with his conclusion the longer the spill goes on the more the risks of trying the explosive option begin to fall in favor of at least trying it. For now he recommends caution.

For sure there are more.

And this qualifies to support your claim that "many experts advise against it" ??? At the risk of sounding like a liberal, you have a link to the enlightened Professor's opinion and his credentials? Professor of what?

At any rate, sounds like even the skeptics will soon agree they need to try and blast it. It will work when they do.

But hey...turns out that there is a lot of people who know about this who are not Nina or Big Dog and, can you imagine, it is not signals from outer space. :rofl:

(Nina...the giveaway is the cat. Engineers do not know where to find photos of cats with tin-foil hats, such nonsense is for the Real Housewives of New Jersey)

Obama's biggest problem now is that WHEN they explode the bomb and turn off the well, everyone is going to say..."Um, what were you waiting for?" Especially when it is found it is 50 year old technology that has been proven many times.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

IMO he is affraid of the possibility that one of those involved in implementing the solution would screw up and he would look worse than a BP exec... regardless of the fact that it would work.. it would solve the problem in a matter of seconds.. there are enough folks out there with tin foil hats that would go nuts over the idea...

I can hear it now.. protests exclaiming that the US was going to nuke its source of seafood.. or the foolish premise that we could fracture the earths crust and destroy the world....

I grew up fishing is florida waters ... my entire life I have seen the environment decline.. and now when we had the option to prevent it from getting worse.. we sat by and pointed fingers at BP... our governments inaction is far worse than BP's actions that caused this...

And even folks who only have photos of cats with tin-foil hats.

I am sure that the "nuclear" option is fraught with PC problems, but very little real ones. If anyone recalls we used to test nukes undersea all the time and over tiny islands in the Pacific and within sight of Las Vegas where the tourist would gather to watch the mushroom clouds. I sincerely doubt a nuclear explosion one mile under the gulf will have anything but a profound LOCAL affect. The radiation will be well contained by a mile of sea water. However, since the time of the Soviets using nuclear weapons for this, there have been great advances in conventional weapons and such have proven to be adequate for jobs like this. I would give a 20,000 pound "cookie cutter" the job and see what happened. A small, city buster nuke held in reserve for a backup.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I love to see you trying to pretend that you know what you're talking about Gary :lol:

If explosives were a viable option it would have been attempted already. It's not exactly in anyone's interest to have this situation continue.

Timeline

I love to see you trying to pretend that you know what you're talking about Gary :lol:

If explosives were a viable option it would have been attempted already. It's not exactly in anyone's interest to have this situation continue.

I love to see you try to defend Obama. You are suggesting that the ONLY solution is one that is NOT a viable option? Ludicrous. Either that...or there are no viable options and the well will continue spewing until it runs out of oil. Be serious. Have the liberals so lost it that now they call in the jesters?

The solution to this problem is KNOWN. BP has not the authority to use it. ONLY a government can do that because ONLY a government has the necessary tools. When Obama finishes pointing fingers, he will have to use the explosive method. Too bad he didn't just take charge and get 'er done earlier. He can answer for that in 2012.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I love to see you try to defend Obama. You are suggesting that the ONLY solution is one that is NOT a viable option? Ludicrous. Either that...or there are no viable options and the well will continue spewing until it runs out of oil. Be serious. Have the liberals so lost it that now they call in the jesters?

The solution to this problem is KNOWN. BP has not the authority to use it. ONLY a government can do that because ONLY a government has the necessary tools. When Obama finishes pointing fingers, he will have to use the explosive method. Too bad he didn't just take charge and get 'er done earlier. He can answer for that in 2012.

Defending Obama - I don't remember mentioning him at all.

In point of fact, I am not so arrogant as to believe, as you do, that I have the solution to this problem when you are nothing more than a detached observer, same as me and everyone else who is not in possession of the full picture of this situation other than what plays out on your TV screen.

The fact that you are an engineer is utterly irrelevant - it doesn't mean you have a handle on the specific geological conditions, or the in-depth specifics of this particular well or the resultant damage caused by the explosion. In short, you have no more of an authoritative claim to the facts than say, this guy did of the 9/11 attacks, and he is a doctor of physics.. .

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

they are saying the releif well is only 3 weeks away from completion.. this will be debated for years to come... And now cities that have seen no oil are fighting to get advertising money from the state .... our county is trying to get over a million dollars to advertise our clean beaches... :blink:

We will see more things like the OP's article coming out of this... wait until the scammers start getting caught taking money when the oil had no impact on them... wait until we see that organizations were getting $50/hr for a contamination containment professional to clean a beach and the org paid some undocumented alien below minimum wage to actually perform the task....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.