gbagbo

Employement

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

My employer, on his own, told me today that I should go live with my fiancée for a couple of months while the visa is being processed. He's a very nice guy and feels bad we have to be apart. He said that if I go there for a couple of months and come back I will have job waiting for me. I would love to do that since my finances permit me, but I am afraid it will be a problem with the visa application---affidavit of support etc....

Would a letter from my employer stating my job is waiting for me be enough to satisfy the embassy? Not sure if anyone has an answer for me or not but I thought it doesn't hurt to ask.

thanks

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

it will NOT affect the K1 process.

Whether you get approved to visit for that long or not is up for debate. If you get denied a visitors visa then it shouldn't affect your K1 either.

JUST a letter from your employer won't be enough. You'll need to show strong ties to your home country. Such as land, family, etc etc in order to obtain a visitor visa. They're not the easiest visas to obtain. It will be over soon enough.. the waiting I mean. Personally while being apart sucks I would stay and continue to work and save money... you're going to need it.

Good luck with your decision.

Whether you get approved to visit for that long or not is up for debate. If you get denied a visitors visa then it shouldn't affect your K1 either.

JUST a letter from your employer won't be enough. You'll need to show strong ties to your home country. Such as land, family, etc etc in order to obtain a visitor visa. They're not the easiest visas to obtain. It will be over soon enough.. the waiting I mean. Personally while being apart sucks I would stay and continue to work and save money... you're going to need it.

I think the OP is the USC asking about going to Thailand to visit his fiance.

To the OP - will your earnings be severely affected by this long visit? In other words, are you still over 125% of the poverty guidelines if you loose two months earnings?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OP is not asking about a visa to BKK but the affidavit of support for his fiancee to use at the BKK US Consulate for HER visa and whether the temp leave will have an effect on ot

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OP is not asking about a visa to BKK but the affidavit of support for his fiancee to use at the BKK US Consulate for HER visa and whether the temp leave will have an effect on ot

Right, I'm the petitioner. I'm afraid that the embassy will deny the visa if I'm not working and showing I can support my Thai fiancée...

03/03/2010 - I129F Sent

03/10/2010 - NOA1

03/22/2010 - Touched

05/01/2010 - Touched

05/03/2010 - Touched

05/04/2010 - NOA2

05/11/2010 - NVC Sent Case to Embassy

05/12/2010 - Embassy Received

06/17/2010 - Packet 3 received (1st one lost in the mail)

06/30/2010 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

07/02/2010 - Embassy received Packet 3

08/20/2010 - Packet 4 and Interview Date received

09/14/2010 - Interview.....Approved

09/21/2010 - Visa received

12/27/2010 - Entry into the USA. POE Los Angeles

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Right, I'm the petitioner. I'm afraid that the embassy will deny the visa if I'm not working and showing I can support my Thai fiancée...

All things considered, an interruption to your current income is not the best thing for an Affidavit of Support. The Bangkok Embassy has been getting stricter over the past six months based on reports from ladies on usvisa4thai. Many more interviews are resulting in 221(g)s for more docs or AP.

Additionally it is difficult to stay legally in Thailand for 2 months. If you enter by air you are allowed an automatic 30 day visa and can extend that with great trouble I believe another 15 days. Or what we usually do is fly out to Malaysia or Singapore and re-enter to get another 30 day visa for Thailand. DO NOT overstay a visa in Thailand. If you are stopped for any reason without a valid visa, it can either be extremely costly or you can go to jail.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

You can also go to the Thai Embassy in your state and pay for a 60 day visa before you leave. If the embassy is not within driving distance, you could mail them your passport for this visa. If I remember correctly, the fee is about $25.00. I have done this numerous times without any problems.

Edited by Mountain Climber

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

To the OP, you would be able to determine this better than me, but my concern is that this is your employer's non-confrontational way of letting you go. I would not want to return to find out that I did not have a job, for then I'd really be in a pickle.

My wife and I spent about a year and a half together in Thailand when we first met. However, we spent the next three years apart. I did visit her a couple of times and she made a trip to the US, but for most of that time we were on other sides of the world. I understand how tough it can be, but you are now down to home stretch. I encourage you to hang in there and your reunion shall be all the sweeter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.