Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

They sleep better with a wee dram in them.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

October 21 is the "official" due date. I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow. I'm just over halfway there and I feel like I've been pregnant for like, evah!

Actually, JC Penney was the first stop today, but they didn't have bathing suits. I did get a top there, though. The trickiest thing for me is finding pants because I have short legs, so I generally need a petite or short size--not in great supply in maternitywear-land. It can also present difficulty w/ capri pants because they end up just above my ankles and look really dorky. Like, dorky to the max. The last place we went to (an actual maternity store) had a fancy section with $200 jeans. That was almost as scary as the fake belly. Fortunately, the other side of the store had more reasonable prices.

Thanks - I swear I won't ask you that again. LOL I think 21 weeks was just past the point where I was finally getting over being sick all the time. I cherished that. :lol:

I don't do capri pants anyway - they make me look weird. I figured they'd be even worse with a huge belly and then hitting me in the legs in a weird place. I still can't even fathom a bathing suit. But you'll be pg all summer so it makes more sense in your case.

They chill the champagne for you at the hospital my Mum worked in. (She was head nurse in L&D.) They also encouraged the Mums to drink a bottle of beer a day. It helps with the milk production.

Oh great. Now Gary's going to call me a drunk again.

I'm not BFing anyway so I'm not worried about milk production - but I still may use that excuse to have beer every day!! :lol: It's been so long since I had much of any alcohol, I envision becoming a CHEAP drunk soon....

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hey so, I happened across Old Navy which has a good maternity dept. Their clothes are not really my taste non-preggo, but they are cheap, lol. I actually like them also cos everything I bought there is VERY lightweight, so it's great for summertime.

They have preggo bathing suits too.

I actually got an Old Navy gift card as a shower gift - did you happen to notice what their baby gear looked like? I was looking online but it was all segmented to boys and girls, and since I don't know what I'm having...!

SA4userbar.jpg

I actually got an Old Navy gift card as a shower gift - did you happen to notice what their baby gear looked like? I was looking online but it was all segmented to boys and girls, and since I don't know what I'm having...!

They have some REALLY CUTE baby stuff too. Prices are great as well. I actually went in there looking for a bathing suit, and happened across some crazy sale of theirs where it was 50% off the lowest ticketed clearance price. I can't tell you how much stuff my mom bought the baby.

It's ALL so cute!!! I may wait until after bambino so I can get specifically boy or specifically girl stuff - because those are just too cute.

SA4userbar.jpg

Thx! Yeah I thought so too...I mean, it is what it is...it's certainly not baby dior, but how fast they grow, you need some throwaway outfits.

One thing about buying inexpensive clothes that peeves me to no end is when they don't match up the pattern on the seams and button areas. On that middle set, you can see they at least lined up the front to flow properly, so I was impressed. Shoulders? Not so much....but most of the seams on everything line up too.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thx! Yeah I thought so too...I mean, it is what it is...it's certainly not baby dior, but how fast they grow, you need some throwaway outfits.

One thing about buying inexpensive clothes that peeves me to no end is when they don't match up the pattern on the seams and button areas. On that middle set, you can see they at least lined up the front to flow properly, so I was impressed. Shoulders? Not so much....but most of the seams on everything line up too.

Yeah.. but babies are USUALLY so cute that noone cares if their clothes are perfect. ;) Plus they ####### and puke on them anyways, so why put the extra money into the $50 outfits..

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.