Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

OMG this is good Lisa! :lol: No need to keep quiet - as you've always been a UKer for VJ purposes. Plus surely Empress and I will run out of things to blab about at some point. HA.

But to kick things off - I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. Cervix is still closed for business (hee) and the baby has not 'dropped' yet. I also lost a pound which puts my total weight gain at this point at 11 lbs. Needless to say I am thrilled with that - less to worry about after the fact.

The house is in chaos while Chas tries to finish the bathroom remodel, and it's sort of giving me anxiety for the house to be in that big of a wreck. BUT it will be worth it in the end so... :)

Edited to add: I never thought about al-kee-hol for the delivery room (why I don't know). May have to get hubby on the case....

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Not having one for another year or two, but still :thumbs:

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

You can of course pipe in Jewel! Though we may put you off the idea of a baby if we keep it up. :lol:

Had one right out of high school. I want at least one more when the time is right. I keep asking the hubby what would happen if we had twins and his face goes white.

Other than that, I'm almost jealous of you preggos. ;) But being excited for you all is more fun.

Timeline

I also lost a pound which puts my total weight gain at this point at 11 lbs. Needless to say I am thrilled with that - less to worry about after the fact.

Do you walk everyday? I only gained 25 pounds when I was pregnant. Now I am scared to death that if I ever manage to get pregnant again I will gain 80 pounds. It happens.. :P

Yay for you seeing the finish line soon!!

Had one right out of high school. I want at least one more when the time is right. I keep asking the hubby what would happen if we had twins and his face goes white.

Other than that, I'm almost jealous of you preggos. ;) But being excited for you all is more fun.

Oh I'm sorry - you've probably said that before and I missed it (can I blame the hormones??).

Do you walk everyday? I only gained 25 pounds when I was pregnant. Now I am scared to death that if I ever manage to get pregnant again I will gain 80 pounds. It happens.. :P

Yay for you seeing the finish line soon!!

Not unless you count from the car park at work to my desk inside! :lol: I'm not proud of it but I figure I have always watched my weight and exercised - I felt like I deserved 9 months off! HA!!! I'm sure that won't be the smartest thing I've ever done as it may make it more of a struggle to take it off post baby - but I'd have no one to blame but myself....!

SA4userbar.jpg

Thanks, Lisa! :star:

I just returned from some rather exhausting maternity clothes shopping w/ my mudduh. She was enjoying telling the ladies at the maternity store about my birth.

I got to experience trying on clothes while wearing the prosthetic belly thingy. It was terrifying. But I did get some good stuff, including a bathing suit (finally! It's 105 here today) and a pair of jeans that actually fit. Petite (length, mind you) and everything!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I feel like a horrible clod for asking, Empress, but what's your due date again?

I'm glad you got your clothes situation sorted out! :) I struggled to find clothes at first - ultimately had the best luck at JCPenney.

SA4userbar.jpg

I feel like a horrible clod for asking, Empress, but what's your due date again?

I'm glad you got your clothes situation sorted out! :) I struggled to find clothes at first - ultimately had the best luck at JCPenney.

October 21 is the "official" due date. I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow. I'm just over halfway there and I feel like I've been pregnant for like, evah!

Actually, JC Penney was the first stop today, but they didn't have bathing suits. I did get a top there, though. The trickiest thing for me is finding pants because I have short legs, so I generally need a petite or short size--not in great supply in maternitywear-land. It can also present difficulty w/ capri pants because they end up just above my ankles and look really dorky. Like, dorky to the max. The last place we went to (an actual maternity store) had a fancy section with $200 jeans. That was almost as scary as the fake belly. Fortunately, the other side of the store had more reasonable prices.

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

It can also present difficulty w/ capri pants because they end up just above my ankles and look really dorky.

I completely understand, they make me look like a hobbit minus the hairy feet :lol:

Glad you found some stuff you liked.

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Edited to add: I never thought about al-kee-hol for the delivery room (why I don't know). May have to get hubby on the case....

They chill the champagne for you at the hospital my Mum worked in. (She was head nurse in L&D.) They also encouraged the Mums to drink a bottle of beer a day. It helps with the milk production.

Oh great. Now Gary's going to call me a drunk again.

iagree.gif

They chill the champagne for you at the hospital my Mum worked in. (She was head nurse in L&D.) They also encouraged the Mums to drink a bottle of beer a day. It helps with the milk production.

Well, I'm not allowed to defend you if he does.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Not only that, but you're clearly advocating getting the wee bairns drunk too and perpetuating the cycle! The horror!

K-1

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.