Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

Oh yeah...I do need to hit Old Navy. I kinda forgot about it as a possibility for cheap maternity clothes because on one of my first "Holy #######, none of my pants or shorts fit" expeditions, I went to the only Old Navy in the Phoenix area without a maternity dept. I may have a quick peek at baby clothes too but won't buy any for a while because I'm neurotic.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

if you live in Arizona. Nevada, Utah or California , you should see if you have a Susie's Deals near you.. they have a lot of cute baby and kids clothes for under 6 bucks... a lot of times you can get a matching set for $6

http://www.susiesdeals.info/storelocator.aspx

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I have decided to treat myself to a nice Radox bath later - my lower back is killing me today. Obviously Chas will have to help me get OUT of said bath when I'm done though - no way I can manage to stand on my own from that low down, at least not with a wet bathtub and wet feet! :lol: That'd be a disaster waiting to happen.

Tomorrow is our community volunteer day here at the office. I wonder what PG lady task I'll be given? I think the main tasks at our location are landscaping or painting which I don't see them having me do so it shall be interesting.

SA4userbar.jpg

yayy babies! I love them and can't wait to have them! However, we'll be waiting a few years...I get my fill at work since I take care of the sick ones, but every so often I feel like putting one in my pocket and going home!

Good luck on everyone's upcoming deliveries!

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Thanks Justine!! I have several friends who are in that category - LOVE babies but are putting it off for one reason or another. Which is fine by me because that means they are keen to babysit!! :D

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I just stumbled into the 2005-2007 ONLY thread because I'm having such a boring day at work. I disagree about taking your worse pain and multiplying it by 1000. The labor pain I had wasn't too much worse than a really bad day of cramps. I was super scared, but wouldn't take an IV or anything major. They handed me a packet of OTC Motrin and a packet of OTC Extra Strength Tylenol. I told them pretty much to F### off and leave me the F### alone. Sorry for the medical professionals, but it's kind of my method of coping when I'm in a hospital. I had much less pain with them not bothering me. ;)

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

haha, I am ALL about the big needle in your back! I have all the respect in the world for women who want to do it "naturally" but no way would I ever choose that...

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

37 week appointment today - will see if the child has 'dropped' any (doesn't feel like it - but what do I know?) or if I'm dilated, etc.

We got the child's 'going home from the hospital' outfit yesterday, too - heh heh. :)

post-3464-12766043658691_thumb.jpg

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

37 week appointment today - will see if the child has 'dropped' any (doesn't feel like it - but what do I know?) or if I'm dilated, etc.

We got the child's 'going home from the hospital' outfit yesterday, too - heh heh. :)

Cute outfit! Perfect considering how much you both love Rush!

Years ago, I once saw this Guns N Roses onesie at Hot Topic. It had their logo and then in the same writing it said 'Sweet Child of Mine'. It was soooo cute that I very nearly bought it! But as I said, it was years ago, and babies weren't on my 'todo' list at all. Plus, as much as I like GnR, I wasn't like a die-hard fan. It was just really cute.

Would love to find it now,but I can't.

Anyhoo...omG, you must feel like you're ready to pop!!! So excited for you!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Years ago, I once saw this Guns N Roses onesie at Hot Topic. It had their logo and then in the same writing it said 'Sweet Child of Mine'. It was soooo cute that I very nearly bought it! But as I said, it was years ago, and babies weren't on my 'todo' list at all. Plus, as much as I like GnR, I wasn't like a die-hard fan. It was just really cute.

this one?

http://www.rockabilia.com/product.php?productid=78844&partner=googlebase

http://www.amazon.com/Rockabilia-Guns-N-Roses-Infant/dp/B002FRPE9S

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Yeah - and that we met because of them, so the child owes it's existence to Rush in a sense! :lol:

That actually is a cute idea for a onesie - even if you're not a GnR fan!! (I think Marilyn probably found it!)

Uh yeah, feeling ready to pop is an understatement!! This weekend I hit that point of feeling patently uncomfortable most of the time - and just dog TIRED. I didn't do a whole lot on Saturday or Sunday and still took like a 2 hour nap each day. But it could be worse - I don't have it as bad as some so I try and be grateful for that.

SA4userbar.jpg

Yeah - and that we met because of them, so the child owes it's existence to Rush in a sense! :lol:

That actually is a cute idea for a onesie - even if you're not a GnR fan!! (I think Marilyn probably found it!)

Uh yeah, feeling ready to pop is an understatement!! This weekend I hit that point of feeling patently uncomfortable most of the time - and just dog TIRED. I didn't do a whole lot on Saturday or Sunday and still took like a 2 hour nap each day. But it could be worse - I don't have it as bad as some so I try and be grateful for that.

Yay! So close! And the going-home outfit is fab!

I think I hit the point of feeling uncomfortable and dog tired last weekend--and I'm only 21 weeks. Something tells me this is going to be a project. :unsure:

Tracy, I often try the "it could be worse" and "I know some people have it worse than this" line of thinking when I'm feeling awful, but somehow it just doesn't work. The way I see, it, it's something like telling someone with pneumonia, "Well, you could have lung cancer!" Or, when I'm having one of my Big Three days--bad headache, fatigue, nausea--I'll try to think, "Well, I could also have a broken leg, an ####### fissure, and a bladder infection." But it doesn't change the fact that I have a headache, feel sick, and get lightheaded taking a piss. Hmmm...clumsy comparisons there, I'll admit.

Do I get the kvetching pregnant chick award? :D

In other news, the baby of a guy my husband works with was born 8 weeks early. His wife wasn't due until the end of July. She went into labor, and they were able to delay it for a couple of days at the hospital, but the kid was coming no matter what, it appeared. The baby was born at about 4 pounds. Fortunately, the prognosis is good, but she'll have to stay in the NICU for about another month. The dad uploaded some short videos on Facebook. The first video is kinda misleading because she just looks like a normal baby, except for the tubes & stuff. The husband and I both said, "Wow, she looks great for a preemie," but in the second video, which shows a nurse's hand for scale, you can see how tiny she is. Jon said, "Aw, bless," and I burst into tears. I usually cry like twice a year. What has happened to my bad-a$$ self?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Oh it IS a project, lemme just say. LOL. But it's all relative. I saw an ex coworker this weekend at the grocery and she told me about another ex coworker - same age as me - whose just adopted a baby. She made the comment how that girl was so upset because she couldn't conceive so she hoped this helped heal a few wounds. I felt like a heel for standing there thinking how damn tired and sore I was. At least I can have a baby which is something she can never do.

That's ok - I burst into tears the other day over an old Fleetwood Mac song (Silver Springs - don't ask me why) and then at seeing a doggie dead on the side of the road (which always upsets me but never makes me just SOB). Our hormones have us all over the map and DEFINITELY not ourselves!! Plus a preemie? Oh yeah that would have had me too. It's just that you empathize so much more aside from the hormones - because you can actually put yourself in that mother's place. I can't imagine - her being due after me and already having delivered? Gosh. I'm just glad the baby seems to be doing okay. She must have been scared out of her mind.

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.