Fandango

British Bun in the Oven

1,114 posts in this topic

Aww!! Usually 32 weekers tend to do very well :) they just need awhile to learn how to eat, breathe properly, and get a little bigger. Good luck to your friend and congratulations on her baby!

One of our neonatologists recently had a baby that was 5 weeks early or so and she remarked that she had a greater empathy for the parents of her patients...how unnatural it is for one's baby to be taken away from the mother, even if medically necessary.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

My high-school friend (that lost her premature twin girls) knows of others that have been born as early as 24 weeks and go on to be healthy children. Obviously there can be complications, and the babies are TINY, but a happy ending can happen with preemies. My husband was also a month early, and he's... fine... :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Regarding the crying (and I am definitley a badass), when I was pregnant with my 1st son, (late 94/early 95) there was this Pampers diaper commercial that showed this pregnant woman getting her ultrasound and there was this song that played over the commercial that went, "Hello, I don't even know your name, but I love you just the same" and EVERY time I saw that I cried. I even get a bit verklempt just thinking about it now! laughing.gif

And regarding the NICU stuff, my second son was born at 38 weeks, weighing in at 8# 9 oz and had Respitory Distress Sydrome. Spent the first 12 days of his life in the NICU. It was so scary, even though he waas a moose compared to the other babies in there. Thankfully, aside from some big scars on his chest from the chest tubes to inflate his lungs, he is a very healthy (and somewhat ornery) 12 year old today. star_smile.gif

Glad to hear your son is okay Julez! Eep! they popped a pneumo huh? (hole in the lungs)

I've gotten some pregnancy books to read...after reassuring David that I still agree to waiting a few years for our own! :lol:

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Ditto about your son, Julez!! (Though I did laugh when you called him a moose!)

All was well at the 37 week appointment. I'd gained 1/2 a pound during the week (although I'd lost one at the last appt so it all evens out) - which takes me to 9 1/2 lbs total gained for the pregnancy so far. I'm still not dilated or effaced at all, but she's pretty confident that the head is down at least. I have a feeling this child is going to cook as long as it can, though I suppose you never know.

I feel pretty ick today - was nauseous this morning, somewhat dizzy and just really low energy. If I weren't taking the week of the 28th off, I'd probably have called in sick today. But I can't really justify it at this point.

SA4userbar.jpg

Oh it IS a project, lemme just say. LOL. But it's all relative. I saw an ex coworker this weekend at the grocery and she told me about another ex coworker - same age as me - whose just adopted a baby. She made the comment how that girl was so upset because she couldn't conceive so she hoped this helped heal a few wounds. I felt like a heel for standing there thinking how damn tired and sore I was. At least I can have a baby which is something she can never do.

That's ok - I burst into tears the other day over an old Fleetwood Mac song (Silver Springs - don't ask me why) and then at seeing a doggie dead on the side of the road (which always upsets me but never makes me just SOB). Our hormones have us all over the map and DEFINITELY not ourselves!! Plus a preemie? Oh yeah that would have had me too. It's just that you empathize so much more aside from the hormones - because you can actually put yourself in that mother's place. I can't imagine - her being due after me and already having delivered? Gosh. I'm just glad the baby seems to be doing okay. She must have been scared out of her mind.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm ungrateful (although it probably does!). I am quite excited about the whole thing, and having conceived at all feels like an achievement. I guess I just wasn't prepared for the sustained sickness and discomfort, and I'm only just over halfway there. Another thing is the constant anxiety and fear that something will go wrong. I imagine that pretty much every expectant mudduh has this. Perhaps my focus on complaining about nausea and 'roids at least shifts the topic to something immediate rather than fear and worry.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Regarding the crying (and I am definitley a badass), when I was pregnant with my 1st son, (late 94/early 95) there was this Pampers diaper commercial that showed this pregnant woman getting her ultrasound and there was this song that played over the commercial that went, "Hello, I don't even know your name, but I love you just the same" and EVERY time I saw that I cried. I even get a bit verklempt just thinking about it now! laughing.gif

And regarding the NICU stuff, my second son was born at 38 weeks, weighing in at 8# 9 oz and had Respitory Distress Sydrome. Spent the first 12 days of his life in the NICU. It was so scary, even though he waas a moose compared to the other babies in there. Thankfully, aside from some big scars on his chest from the chest tubes to inflate his lungs, he is a very healthy (and somewhat ornery) 12 year old today. star_smile.gif

Awwww! And there's nothing wrong with ornery! (Easy for me to say...) :)

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm ungrateful (although it probably does!). I am quite excited about the whole thing, and having conceived at all feels like an achievement. I guess I just wasn't prepared for the sustained sickness and discomfort, and I'm only just over halfway there. Another thing is the constant anxiety and fear that something will go wrong. I imagine that pretty much every expectant mudduh has this. Perhaps my focus on complaining about nausea and 'roids at least shifts the topic to something immediate rather than fear and worry.

No I understand ALL too well!! I felt like ####### until about as far along as you are now and it's hard to see the forest for the trees when you are miserable all the time. I am NOT the world's best pregnant lady - on the whole, I have not enjoyed it in the slightest. I actually said to Chas at one point, 'Why do women choose to go through this a SECOND time?!' Of course being his together self, he says 'They're able to focus on the outcome - having another sweet child.' Whereas I'm sitting there going grumble grumble pregnancy sucks. LOL In fact, it makes me seriously doubt that I'll ever have another one. I don't relish being pregnant at 40 and over.

You might find that you start feeling better in the coming weeks, and that will help a lot too. Hopefully you won't be one of the ones who is constantly sick for the entire 9 months.

For some reason, I haven't been too anxiety ridden. I figure I can't control anything that might go wrong, so why make myself feel worse by stressing out about it? This is huge for me because I am an insanely good worrier. :lol: I'm 39 right now so believe me, I had plenty that I could have been concerned about (being so long in the tooth). The only worry I really had was that it could be a Down's child but getting that test done at 13 weeks and having it come back negative took a huge weight off my shoulders. As long as you're doing the right things, resting where you can, not doing things that are too strenuous - then you're helping your odds considerably. :) The rest is truly out of your hands.

SA4userbar.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if some of my worry is related to hormones. I'm usually able to keep my moods in check w/ regular exercise, and my current state (headaches are my main problem these days) has disrupted my usual routine. I wouldn't say I'm constantly nail-biting or anything like that, especially given that things are looking OK for the most part. It's a vicious cycle kinda...many days, I don't feel up to exercising, which worsens my mood, which probably contributes to not feeling great. It's also 104 degrees today. :dead:

But...a change of scenery is upon us! We're heading to England for two weeks on Friday. I have no idea how I'll handle the pubs in a sober state. It will be very strange, but I shall embrace the novelty! :)

K-1

AOS

Oh yeah - the hormones can definitely mess with how you 'take' to things! You also may find that subsides as you get a bit further along (the worry).

MAN that sounds like fun!!!! I SO could have used a change of scenery during all of this! My best friend and I had originally planned a March trip to Boston (somewhere I've always wanted to go) but the bambino threw a wrench in those works (just the $$ more than anything). I do hope I still get there one day.

My Mother in law has her post baby visit booked for Aug 10 - 24th. Lord give me strength. LOL I hate to be that way - obviously she deserves the time with her first (and possibly only!) grandchild - but she's my mother in law, after all...

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

For the longest time, I felt like a bad mommy-to-be because I was so sick and I was b!tching about it, heh. I think that's natural!!!

Filed: Timeline

Oh yeah - the hormones can definitely mess with how you 'take' to things! You also may find that subsides as you get a bit further along (the worry).

MAN that sounds like fun!!!! I SO could have used a change of scenery during all of this! My best friend and I had originally planned a March trip to Boston (somewhere I've always wanted to go) but the bambino threw a wrench in those works (just the $ more than anything). I do hope I still get there one day.

My Mother in law has her post baby visit booked for Aug 10 - 24th. Lord give me strength. LOL I hate to be that way - obviously she deserves the time with her first (and possibly only!) grandchild - but she's my mother in law, after all...

I just have to brag for a second because I have never been able to do so in the past....so PLSPLSPLS indulge me for a sec!!! All I've ever wanted was a nice MIL who would respect me, I hoped for one that I could have a good relationship with, but my luck up until now has been just horrible. It has actually been a source of heartache in my life in the past because I tried soooo very hard with my first MIL, letting insults slide off my back, shutting my mouth and smiling for the sake of peace, etc. My ex-MIL was quite possibly the meanest, most horrible woman I have ever met in my life. My Brit ex's mom was just 'beige'...we were polite and nice, but we really had no relationship whatsoever. She was a quite cold and b!tchy at times, but otherwise,just nothing. I think I saw her 10 times in the years that I lived there, and she lived 2 miles away.

My soon to be MIL, omG, I love her so much. I feel really lucky to have her. We were just contemplating asking her if she could come a month ahead of the FIL (they live in Seattle) so she could spend more time with us.

Sorry to sound like a braggart, but I really am so elated that I 'lucked out' this time, and I had to share...

No that's great - not braggy at all!!! I'm glad you finally hit the jackpot with a MIL. Is she going to stay with you for a bit after the baby is born?

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for mine either. I mean let's consider the fact that my hubby is the only person who ever really took care of her - she's in her 70s and relied on him a lot (he lived next door to her when he was in the UK). He meets me, he moves 4000 miles away - she would have every reason to dislike or resent me for taking him away from her. But she's always been nothing but kind, considerate and loving towards me. I'm not sure I could be the bigger person if the roles were reversed, you know? So god bless her. Plus this is her first grandchild so she is just over the moon. It will be hard for her to leave us all at the airport I'm sure.

But still - you know how it is - house guests are like fish - they all stink after a few days. HA.

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.