IndigoSkies

People protesting the mosque near ground zero verbally attack two Egyptian men.

107 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

it doesn't matter if its in the center of ground zero or on the edge just outside. right or wrong it will be the center of major issues in the future from both muslims & non muslims. IMO just because the 911 hijackers were muslims, muslims should not be prohibited from building a mosque there. at the same time, it is in very bad taste. there is no way in hell anyone is going to convince me or anyone directly effected by the 911 terror attack. causing the current & future issues was not the intent of the people building the mosque.

Well we can surely on speculate on the motives of the people behind the plan, yet I don't see why there ought to be some sinister political motive - it could well be entirely unconnected to the redevelopment plans and the only reason there is outrage about it is because the media has connected two unrelated dots.

As to the question of taste - surely it does matter though - if it isn't built on the actual site, then exactly how far away would the mosque have to be in order for it not to be "bad taste". You have to admit that it's pretty silly.

Filed: Timeline

Well we can surely on speculate on the motives of the people behind the plan, yet I don't see why there ought to be some sinister political motive - it could well be entirely unconnected to the redevelopment plans and the only reason there is outrage about it is because the media has connected two unrelated dots.

As to the question of taste - surely it does matter though - if it isn't built on the actual site, then exactly how far away would the mosque have to be in order for it not to be "bad taste". You have to admit that it's pretty silly.

we could both be holding the jackpot winning lottery tickets...but thats not likely.

would building an abortion clinic across the street from a catholic church be in bad taste? yes. is building a mosque across the street from where muslim extremist murdered 3000 people in bad taste? yes.

to argue otherwise isn't silly its stupid.

7yqZWFL.jpg

:whistle:

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You sure sound like a racist to me.

Lol. Are you suggesting I'm racist and xenophobic? How much more nutter butter can you idiots become? Seriously. Is there no bound to your lunacies?

I don't wish to debate the prevalence of racism, ethnocentrism, and xenophobia among the rightist groups like Tea Party. Your attention is kindly drawn to pictorial proofs http://tinyurl.com/2a2x6zu. Feel free to continue dismissing this. I couldn't care any lesser about your silly world views than I do now. Just don't kill me or make laws to put in concentration camps.

Timeline

Yet as pointed out, some 400 muslims died on 9/11 - so exactly how is it that anyone can claim that a religious institution is in itself "bad taste"?

It's essentially saying that you have some sort of ownership over the site and that because muslims carried out the attacks that all muslims are somehow unwelcome there. It's very questionable.

As I say, how far away would a mosque have to be built in order for it to not be in bad taste? Is there some agreed distance - or should there be no mosques at all in NYC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yet as pointed out, some 400 muslims died on 9/11 - so exactly how is it that anyone can claim that a religious institution is in itself "bad taste"?

It's essentially saying that you have some sort of ownership over the site and that because muslims carried out the attacks that all muslims are somehow unwelcome there. It's very questionable.

As I say, how far away would a mosque have to be built in order for it to not be in bad taste? Is there some agreed distance - or should there be no mosques at all in NYC?

No Mosque on the sites of the building and the deaths; period.

It is is bad taste to build it there.

There are plenty of places to build this mosque in the NYC; to protest that they build the mosgue in any other spot than the site would be bad taste.

Notice I did not say it wasn't their right to do so just like if they do the mosque itself will most likely be ridiculed and protested eevryday it stands.

Innocent or not they know very well the implications of building the mosque on this site so why do it?

Edited by evli1966

the institution in itself isn't in bad taste & i never said it was. the location is. i don't own anything in or close to ground zero, nor did i imply so. again you're trying to twist what was said...you pick a # & a length of measurement, i don't care. to build a mosque in a location sure to cause an uproar IS in bad taste.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

No Mosque on the sites of the building and the deaths; period.

It is is bad taste to build it there.

There are plenty of places to build this mosque in the NYC; to protest that they build the mosgue in any other spot than the site would be bad taste.

Notice I did not say it wasn't their right to do so just like if they do the mosque itself will most likely be ridiculed and protested eevryday it stands.

Innocent or not they know very well the implications of building the mosque on this site so why do it?

It isn't being built on the site.

Please know what you're talking about before you buy into media hysteria.

Timeline

the institution in itself isn't in bad taste & i never said it was. the location is. i don't own anything in or close to ground zero, nor did i imply so. again you're trying to twist what was said...you pick a # & a length of measurement, i don't care. to build a mosque in a location sure to cause an uproar IS in bad taste.

I'm asking a perfectly reasonable question - you're stating that the location is "bad taste" because it is near Ground Zero. I am asking you:

1) Why is a mosque in itself bad taste?

2) How far away it would need to be for it not to be "bad taste"?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

YaDa YaDa YaDa

Bla Bla Bla

I'm asking a perfectly reasonable question - you're stating that the location is "bad taste" because it is near Ground Zero. I am asking you:

no you asked 2 idiotic questions, that have been answered

7yqZWFL.jpg

The mosque could be in bad taste, especially if it ends up being taken over by extremist clerics at some point in the future. And saying it will be two blocks away isn't really enough. How big are the blocks? What else is on those blocks? Will the mosque stand out as the most prominent structure in the immediate area? Or will it 'blend in' the same way the Korean Baptist churches in NY tend to do? Where are the artists renditions of what the streetscape will look like if this mosque is built? This whole story is lacking detail. This can neither be condemned nor condoned at this time.

Timeline

no you asked 2 idiotic questions, that have been answered

You're losing your temper.

I'm asking you those questions because opposing the mosque for reasons of "taste" effectively marginalises ALL muslims because it essentially suggests that they are somehow complicit in the actions of the 9/11 hijackers.

Of course You DO realise that Manhattan is the most densely built-up city in the USA and that real estate of sufficient size is difficult and expensive to obtain Something else to consider.

http://tinyurl.com/2vbnejx

Generally people who oppose mosques, Islam, Muslim, etc turn out to be racist, xenophobes. Despite claiming other wise. Much like how the Tea Party infested with racists and xenophobes who only want to protect the border. In reality, they just don't like the Mexicans.

bad words = hurt feelings

suicide bombers = dead people

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG