Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Kathryn, I went into the our family doctor and he put me on prednisone. I gave him a copy of my allergies and he was surprised I was allergic to so much. He was saying it could very well be a food allergy and other then only eating rice he doesn't know what to tell me. He did mention that I may have to see a dermatologist cause my rash looks like a winter type of rash, almost like eczema.

So far I have not been itchy and with the prednisone I am wired for sound. I have manage to paint my kitchen, cabinets and all. Now I would of like to have the wood look on the cabinets but the previous owners painted everything grey and green it was so depressing. Plus I have no windows in my kitchen just the door window and its tiny. So now I have a lemon custard yellow and sorta white trim and some orange on the door to the cabinets. And atm I'm not liking the orange lol. I will wait a few days to see if it grows on me. Why oh why did I not test one door out first. :bonk:

Danielle

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

So on Sunday morning we went to Macs in Midland to get gas before heading back and Mike used his TD Bank visa card. The gas cost 31.00.

We got back home and checking our bank site and there's also a 98.00 charge from Macs.. #######?

Anyways the bank is now investigating this and it could take up to 10 days. But they'll revert the charges after that.... still I'm wondering if this is a huge mistake or if the clerk did something.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why do insurance premiums have to be based on one's credit/insurance score! I just got the insurance bill so I can insure my fiance's car. Well, because he has "limited credit data" his premium is $250 dollars more than mine over a 6 month period! Yikes! That is taking into account a multi-car policy, "mature household", and several other discounts. Ugh.

At least they were willing to add him without a SSN or Driver's license from Michigan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

one should phone around to other insurance co. when I moved here, I think ours actually went down.

Sometimes with ATM cards, gas stations put like a $50 hold on your card, and you get that back after a few days! i know some gas stations put stickers on the pumps stating that they do not do that!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

No this showed the charge for gas and then a separate charge of $98.41 which was charged at 9:00 pm... which is strange.

Werid...well hopefully it'll be resolved soon. You shouldn't have to pay that, period.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

Why do insurance premiums have to be based on one's credit/insurance score! I just got the insurance bill so I can insure my fiance's car. Well, because he has "limited credit data" his premium is $250 dollars more than mine over a 6 month period! Yikes! That is taking into account a multi-car policy, "mature household", and several other discounts. Ugh.

At least they were willing to add him without a SSN or Driver's license from Michigan.

I saw a television show reporting on this practice (CBC Marketplace - the article is here). The cooperators have started to use credit score as a factor in setting rates.

There was also something mentioned (in that report or another) about your education level. I noticed the other day when doing an auto insurance quote online that it asked for level of education, can't remember if I have seen that before or not.

All just another way for them to add more money to the stacks they already make.

Timeline

If anyone can get access to USAA auto insurance, they are amazing..very affordable, the only catch is they're restricted to military but you can get them through your parents if they're veterans I believe..

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

My husband's been getting on my nerves a bit lately.

I'm trying to help him fax something, I told him to use a coversheet. He keeps saying he doesn't need it, he doesn't need it, blah blah.

I told him to do it anyway if he doesn't want his fax getting lost and I took a business writing class in grade 12 so he really -should- do it.

Way too many little things are irritating me with him these days... he just has no drive to do anything properly.

I need a job.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

I work for an insurance agency and all of our carriers run credit scores and adjust premiums based on that score. Your insurance credit score or "insurance score" is 100% different than the credit score you will see when applying for a credit card or loan. It is based on a number of factors, one of the biggest things being your insurance history. The longer your insurance history is, no matter with what carrier its through, you will be given a more preferred rate. Also, if you have a lapse in coverage (no matter if you stopped driving, sold your car, had your license suspended, etc) your score will generally be lower. With that said, different companies put different emphasis on credit. We only write with 4 major carriers, but in those 4 companies I see a really wide range of how credit can effect ones score.

Education level is actually a discount, not a surcharge. Or, it is suposed to be that way- I can't speak for every company. Some companies will give you a discount for a higher level of education. It's generally very marginal, and you hardly notice it in the grand scheme of things. We normally avoid asking our customers that question, since people can be rather touchy about their education level. If you ask their occupation, and some other questions, you can sometimes get there without coming out and asking. Some companies also give a discount for being a member of a college alumni association, which is just another way of them asking you your education level. But, most of our carriers don't go there at all. We're you quoting with Progressive Trailmix? Because Progressive was one of the first companies to start doing it. The funny thing is, they don't ask you to prove your education level. So, there really isn't anything stopping you from saying you have a PhD to maximize the credit. They don't bother checking! It's based on the "honor system"

Timeline

Hi Huggles,

It was actually TD Bank.

Yeah I understand that your insurance history is the most important factor, I just personally think that your credit score should have exactly nothing to do with it. This isn't actually a 'personal' thing with me, we both have excellent credit scores, so it actually probably works in our favour, still just doesn't seem like the right kind of criteria to be looking at.

Timeline

When we went in to get me added to my husbands insurance he asked if it would affect his rate since I have no credit. The guy told us it wouldn't since my husband is the primary and it was his credit they were looking at. The theory we were told was ppl with good credit are better drivers. I don't agree with that theory but they will do what they want anyways.

Danielle

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I work for an insurance agency and all of our carriers run credit scores and adjust premiums based on that score. Your insurance credit score or "insurance score" is 100% different than the credit score you will see when applying for a credit card or loan. It is based on a number of factors, one of the biggest things being your insurance history. The longer your insurance history is, no matter with what carrier its through, you will be given a more preferred rate. Also, if you have a lapse in coverage (no matter if you stopped driving, sold your car, had your license suspended, etc) your score will generally be lower. With that said, different companies put different emphasis on credit. We only write with 4 major carriers, but in those 4 companies I see a really wide range of how credit can effect ones score.

Education level is actually a discount, not a surcharge. Or, it is suposed to be that way- I can't speak for every company. Some companies will give you a discount for a higher level of education. It's generally very marginal, and you hardly notice it in the grand scheme of things. We normally avoid asking our customers that question, since people can be rather touchy about their education level. If you ask their occupation, and some other questions, you can sometimes get there without coming out and asking. Some companies also give a discount for being a member of a college alumni association, which is just another way of them asking you your education level. But, most of our carriers don't go there at all. We're you quoting with Progressive Trailmix? Because Progressive was one of the first companies to start doing it. The funny thing is, they don't ask you to prove your education level. So, there really isn't anything stopping you from saying you have a PhD to maximize the credit. They don't bother checking! It's based on the "honor system"

Very interesting! And I suppose like the credit score based on loans, credit cards, etc, it doesn't transfer from Canada to the U.S. either. Blargh! Ugh, why does moving from one North American country to another have to have so many unexpected hurdles that involve outlays of money.

Timeline

Every company is different when it comes to credit, it's pretty strange. One our companies will make you run both spouses credit, but they will only take the credit of the first person named on the policy and apply it. So you can quote with the husband named first and see what kind of rate you get, and then you can quote with the wife named first and see what kind of rate you get. Not so surprisingly, a lot of our policies with that company have the wife named first(;))Some companies will let you see both scores, and you can take the highest score between the two. And then some companies won't even let us see what kind of score is produced at all, so we really have no idea how credit is effecting the rate. Generally, if you want to be listed as a driver on the policy, but not be a named insured, your credit won't be checked. It just depends on how the agent worked it and what the company demands.

Credit is suposed to be used to determine how "financially responsible" someone is. Are you going to pay your premiums? When you put in a claim, are you going to use that money to replace the loss or pocket it? Are you going to drive around with a defective vehicle because you don't want to pay your $500 collision deductible to have it fixed? Those types of things.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If anyone can get access to USAA auto insurance, they are amazing..very affordable, the only catch is they're restricted to military but you can get them through your parents if they're veterans I believe..

military, former military, children of military.

if one is gs government employee, they might check out armed forces insurance, as they insure gs'ers also.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.