Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ew. Sorry to hear that. Is that legal? I have no idea how it is here in the US. In Ontario, it's a 60 day minimum unless both parties agree.

Sorry about that, Rob... hope you can get your stuff and selves together in time.

:)

Well, as it turns out, my landlord is as big of an ahole as I thought. After I gave him 60 days notice, he calls back and tells me I better make that 30. Our lease was up in October 09, and we've been living month to month terms since then. This ought to be interesting getting my security deposit back.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Check out what your State has. Some have rental protection agencies! I know VA does as I gave it to some renters in our condo unit! The owner wasn't goin gto give back their security deposit because-----the people above them had a water leak, which of course the water ended up in their unit! They had no personal insurance AND the owner didnt have any insurance. So he had to pay the $1000 condo assoc insurance deductible!! so being the jerk that he is, he told them he wasn't going to give them thier security deposit back! Of course he knew that they were illegally in the USA, so he took advantage of them! jerk!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ew. Sorry to hear that. Is that legal? I have no idea how it is here in the US. In Ontario, it's a 60 day minimum unless both parties agree.

Sorry about that, Rob... hope you can get your stuff and selves together in time.

:)

Well, our lease ended in October 2009, and had lapsed into a month-to-month agreement. He wanted me to sign a long term lease at a higher rate which I'm not willing to do. First of all, I don't know when and what is going to happen over the next year. Secondly, I'm not paying more for that apartment.

After going back and forth with the landlord this morning, it seems he wants me out ASAP and is even being nice about the security deposit. I'm not entirely convinced that he is being sincere, but I am hopeful.

There is a general bill of tenants rights in California. They are however quite vague. Many cities have rental boards which apply further protections for tenants and landlords. My city of course does not.

Geez Rob.... well at least he's being nice about the security deposit... but nothing like a nice send off of 'don't let the door hit you on the way out'. I hope it doesn't end up rushing you guys too much. He probably just wants someone in there asap that'll pay the higher amount of rent. Lame.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH #$)%(*&@#($%)#&@!)$!)$&!#)%*&!#)%(&!#)(*%&!#)($*@#)(*%$)%*&$#@!)%&~@)$*^%&!#$)^(&!#$)(^&!#^&!#$^

:girlwerewolf2xn::cry::ranting::(:angry::huh::bonk::wacko::crying::wow::help:

That is all.

:dead:

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still no news on Smokey. :( I have been out every single day between 4 and 8 hours yep - Monday was 8 hours!) searching through 4 different neighbourhoods that border each other within a mile radius. The landscape is very hilly, very forested and filled with little streams. Some of the forested areas are barely passable, so I have been knocking on doors and getting permission to walk property lot lines adjacent to the forests and streams. There are signs up everywhere and people keep telling me they have seen the signs. People keep phoning the other woman to report cats they have found (none of them Smokey). I have seen deer, 3 fox, innumerable rabbits, geese, ducks, birds of all sorts, and a variety of other cats - but no Smokey. He is listed in the Lost and Found of the Humane Society and Animal Control as well as the vets in the area. It is such a wilderness in so many ways that he could probably be within calling distance within one of the woods and we would never know. I am just hoping that he might follow one of the domestic cats in the area to someone's home or come out and approach people himself once he is feeling less 'lost' and more secure. I am so very sad about this :( . There are plenty of resources in the area for him to survive and he is used to living out of doors - he is just not familiar with the area. Keep praying for him, everyone!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Depending on ur area, craigslist is a good place to post (for free) as well as http://www.ebayclassifieds.com/

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Thanks! Good ideas - I'll definitely do that too.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Waking up in the middle of the night because it is just too hot and finding out that yet again someone who said, oh yes, I will do that for your wedding, is backing out 3 days before! I made a list of to dos so that maybe just maybe I can actually fall asleep - a list for me, a list for the fiance' and then the list that we must do together. Yesterday, bless him, my fiance organized all his boxes and all our gifts we have gotten already into the attic, garage, and on top of the cupboards - divide and conquer worked well.

Oh, then the vent of my fiance's brakes deciding to make atrocious grinding sounds - another chunk of change spent to fix breaks!

Man I just need to sleep!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

This just isn't my week. Today, I check my bank account and see that a payment I made at the dell website was double billed. I call them and they try to say that I made the identical payment. Yes, I made a double payment that I knew would cause me to incur an overdraft fee. Yes, I'm that dumb. I went through 4 levels of their customer service over the course of an hour and 20 minutes to finally get someone who said they would speak with my bank and ask them to forgive it. Fine, I call my bank and ask them is there a number that they should call to work this out. Bank says oh no, it's been posted, it's set in stone unless Dell will credit your account. Here's the kicker.... my bank says that dell should know this as it is common knowledge. I love my alienware computer, but I effing hate Dell. :angry:

Timeline

so i applied for two credit cards, since our utility companies and our landlord had my credit profiles pulled. i tried the ones that were suggested in the credit card thread in the moving here and your new life in usa forum. I was refused for both. sigh. looks like the secured credit cards are the only way for me to get credit, unless i can find a store that will just give anyone credit lol. kinda irks me as i do not want to use my CDN visa anymore than i have to, and half the places here like the DMV wont even accept VISA..i mean what the eff??

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

This just isn't my week. Today, I check my bank account and see that a payment I made at the dell website was double billed. I call them and they try to say that I made the identical payment. Yes, I made a double payment that I knew would cause me to incur an overdraft fee. Yes, I'm that dumb. I went through 4 levels of their customer service over the course of an hour and 20 minutes to finally get someone who said they would speak with my bank and ask them to forgive it. Fine, I call my bank and ask them is there a number that they should call to work this out. Bank says oh no, it's been posted, it's set in stone unless Dell will credit your account. Here's the kicker.... my bank says that dell should know this as it is common knowledge. I love my alienware computer, but I effing hate Dell. :angry:

dell may have bought out or aquired the rights to alienware, but i do not think the two companies are fully integrated and know what is going on with each other. my computer / laptop is a dell, had it for 3 years..and all i can say is their customer service / warranty service is top notch, or at least it has been for me. but it's been a few months since i've had to call them for anything. Hopefully they can fix this. And yes my bank told me they can't do anything about double payments like with my bell or my wow account. only the company who processed it can do anything about it.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

So some strange things have been happening in our new pad and my husband is scared sh1tless and is begging me to smudge the place. So I have to smudge the entire place tonight - can I be anymore of a stereotypical injun? I think I'm going to go have a conversation with the moon afterwards too. A-how.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

So some strange things have been happening in our new pad and my husband is scared sh1tless and is begging me to smudge the place. So I have to smudge the entire place tonight - can I be anymore of a stereotypical injun? I think I'm going to go have a conversation with the moon afterwards too. A-how.

Well he would totally freak if he lived in this house, it's a 2 storey and honestly sometimes it sounds like someone is walking around upstairs.

So what is happening at your place? (or what are the people in your place doing :hehe: )

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.