Kathryn41

The Vent Part Quatre

1,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Starting a new Vent thread as the other one was getting pretty long. Here is the link to Part Trois: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/227900-the-vent-part-trois/page__st__3915

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Yep, I'd be dead too, definitely. Har har. We're between the San Andreas fault and the ocean, just like most of the population in the state (you can see here: http://geology.com/san-andreas-fault/ ). But that's ok, because Danu and I have a plan involving escape boats... right Danu? :lol:

Yup, we're all set! lol. My vent? The EI ppl didn't send me my report card. I called to get their fax # to send my EAD and let them know I didn't get my report card and they still didn't send them. Or rather, they didnt reissue them as the first ones were apparently sent back. Which is odd cuz I've gotten all the others. Due to this there is now a failure to reply on my account and I have to send them all the info I can to plead with them to open up and backdate my payments. GRRRRR!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Hello new vent thread!

I don't really have anything to vent about though.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I'm just going to barge in here and pretend I'm a Canuck for a moment. :whistle:

Re: the other thread, Sprail totally did the right thing by refusing to let her old 'friend' stay. I find it funny when old friends assume they can stay with you whenever they want a holiday to the States.

I've also found that friendships have changed over time, and looking at some people I used to be friends with, I'm so glad I moved on. I know I'm still young (in my early 20's) but I just feel there comes a point in life where you realise it's time to move on, and you want something more for yourself. I still keep in contact with some of them - and I write to one of them often (with an actual pen and paper!) but it's obvious that we're now two different people, and that's OK with us both. I'm now married and trying to get my career going... she's still casually seeing the same bad boys, spending her money on partying, and recently failed her final year of college. It's the same with most of my old school friends. Most of them are single mothers living on welfare. We just have nothing in common any more. You know when you bump into an old friend and feel that nothing has changed with them, yet you've grown a lot? I think that's when you need to decide to pull the plug.

Edited by Gemmie

Timeline

Generally, it is when a thread reaches over 250 pages - we were at 260 plus :).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nothing to vent about. I guess that's a good thing.

Cheers.

Yes! I am approved!!! :)

It took only two (2) months to be approved. Hooray!

Timeline

December 5, 2009 - I-485 application was submitted.

January 12, 2010 - I-485 application was re-submitted due to address error.

January 20, 2010 - I-485 application receipt notice arrived.

January 25, 2010 - Biometrics notice arrived.

February 9, 2010 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

March 5, 2010 - Initial Interview notice arrived.

April 15, 2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived out of blue.

April 29, 2010 - Initial Interview scheduled and... APPROVED!!! :) Conditional GC will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

April 30, 2010 - SSN reactivated. Newly printed card will arrive in 3-5 days.

May 7, 2010 - Welcome Notice arrived! Hooray! :)

May 8, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN card arrived.

May 26, 2010 - Conditional GC issued.

June 1, 2010 - Conditional GC ARRIVED! Yippee! :)

June 2, 2010 - SSN upgraded. Newly printed card will arrive in a week.

June 9, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN arrived.

October 10, 2011 - I-751 petition was submitted.

October 18, 2011 - I-751 petition was returned. It turned out to be USCIS's error sending it back to me.

October 19, 2011 - I-751 petition was re-submitted.

October 26, 2011 - I-751 petition receipt notice arrived.

November 18, 2011 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

December 27, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter was issued.

December 28, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter arrived

December 29, 2011 - GC was issued.

December 30, 2011 - GC arrived.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, this is my first post on here, and yes, I do need to vent about something, or some things...

1st:

P3 has been logged for 43 days and no interview date yet. Yeah yeah, I know you guys are way past that point, but GOSH is it ever frustrating to wait for a date and not know if one is actually gonna pop up for the next month, or if you're gonna wait around for another 2-3 months...

2nd:

A 17 year-old mother left her 3 weeks old baby in a car seat on the floor in her living room while she went outside for a cigarette, and her roomate's husky bit the baby and killed it. I don't know what's more frustrating here, the fact that she had a baby at 17, the fact that she smokes, the fact that she left her 3 weeks old unnatended on the floor with dogs around or a combination of all these points...

How's that for my first vent?

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: Timeline

I'm just going to barge in here and pretend I'm a Canuck for a moment. whistling.gif

Yay, Gemmie! Welcome to the Canada Forum! And, yes, to answer your question in "that" thread, I am British. lol

If we are only going to go to 4000 posts instead of 5000 we will be posting in the vent part vingt soon. tongue_ss.gif

I always thought it was 5k too! lol

How's that for my first vent?

Very disturbing. :(

iagree.gif

Okay actually I do have a vent.

My hives are coming back with a vengeance right now. For like 3 weeks I almost had 0 on my body, now they're all over the place... I need to find out when my husband can get medical insurance.

Edited by Rhiannercakes

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.