Trumplestiltskin

Adverts to promote positive view of Muslims

141 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have 4 cousins who left Islam and I was married to a Christian man for nearly three decades. Nothing happened to any of us. So much for your idiot ideas about what we do. You guys are more like the terrorists than not.

i also have a sister that left Islam and married a Catholic nobody killed her or any of us and nobody ignors them or acts like they are not part of the family

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

whoa - did the Suni and the Shi'a band together on something ? nonononononono say it ain't so ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I admire what your trying to do......i have been on this forum a few years and have seen many try to reason about Islam..i myself am Muslim but what i have learned is those that state we don't speak up enough about terrorism rip us apart

That's interesting, I was mulling over saying something to that effect. In the UK it seemed there was a huge increase in hostility towards Muslims in the UK after 9/11 because there was nobody to speak out against what happened. Perhaps they were too shocked, or didn't think that they needed to reassure the greater population, but their silence was taken as an act of complicity.

After the London bombings the Muslim Council of Britain was much quicker to stand up and denounce the act in the name of every day Muslims, but I think much of the damage was already done. That's only part of the problem of the animosity of course, there's a lot of immigration hostility, though I wonder if some of that is diluted with the open borders of the EU now.

In the UKs case, the media is only too happy to tell you about the latest honour killings as well, it doesn't help matters.

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Muslims are no more of a monolith than any other demographic group. "We" don't do things in unison nd there is no "Muslim community" to speak of. Yet, just as "they" (whoever they is) always love to do with minorities, as they have with Blacks and Hispanics, they try to lump us as one, try to assign "leaders" to us, try to define is by our lowest common denominators. Then, having homogenized us, they believe they understand us, so they can leave us out of the dialogue they have among themselves about us because, of course, we have nothing to. add that they don't already know about us.

Sorry about the typos. Editing on a PDA sucks :protest:

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Islamic Jihad is not a conservative catch phrase, it the how the Islamic Jihadist's describe and comport themselves.

You don't know what an Islamic jihadist is. I do, because I am a jihadist. If that alarms you, it's because your lexicon is illegitimate.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

You don't know what an Islamic jihadist is. I do, because I am a jihadist. If that alarms you, it's because your lexicon is illegitimate.

My guess is that you are struggling with Islam's perception in western society and trying to improve it - ie a jihadist.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I thought it meant one who struggles for Islam. IE it doesn't always relate to war.

I thought it was more along the lines of one who struggles internally with oneself to come to an understanding of the will of God (Hence - Holy War).

To no end though, now that I think about it...I've never met a Muslim I didn't like.

Blessings,

By the way Sophiyaa...the Bishop approves of your new avatar! :thumbs:

Edited by BishopM

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I thought it was more along the lines of one who struggles internally with oneself to come to an understanding of the will of God (Hence - Holy War).

To no end though, now that I think about it...I've never met a Muslim I didn't like.

Blessings,

By the way Sophiyaa...the Bishop approves of your new avatar! :thumbs:

Yours is probably more accurate.

Mahmoud Ayoub states that "The goal of true jihad is to attain a harmony between islam (submission), iman (faith), and ihsan (righteous living)

Also Jihadist must be a western term, as muslims refer to such a person as a Mujahid.