yankepeach

How to deal with the down time

160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I guess I'm just feeling his absence today more than usual. :( We've spoken today already but the 8 hour time difference can be SO hard. I miss him so much I can feel it in my bones, I swear.

I do try to keep busy and tonight I'm having one of my friends over for Netflix and wine. I find the more I do the less it hurts -- I completely agree with KaiserD!

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I do try to keep busy and tonight I'm having one of my friends over for Netflix and wine. I find the more I do the less it hurts -- I completely agree with KaiserD!

I should have spent the time watching chick flicks and shopping for clothes. Who knows when the hell I'll be able to watch another one of those NOW! It's good I like british comedy and vampire stuff, but still!! He is no fun to take to the mall. No fun at all. Watching reruns and DVDs of female oriented TV shows?? TOTALLY not going to happen. Just saying!!

Edit: I'm somewhat joking. I do miss shopping sometimes. Never was much of a TV person or a spender anyways.

Edited by Jewel-8

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

I also recommend getting involved in a good series of books! Nothing helps me pass the time like a nice drink and a book.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Reread Harry Potter! :)

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Thank you all so much for this thread!

My wife and I just got married in Vegas after 6 months apart, and she had to leave today to go back to the UK so we can start on the CR1. I have to say it was harder than the last time I left.

That being said I will be filing my I130 as soon as the marriage certificate gets here (stupid NV and their taking ages to process!).

I have to say I hope this all goes by quickly. It's been rough, but its nice to know that I'm not the only one.

On a related note, does anyone that is going through the CR1 process have experience in visiting the UK? Any problems crossing the border? I would lik eto visit in a few months, since from what I hear its near impossible for her to come here.

Hey there! I'm the Brit, and I visited the US during the CR-1 process without any problems...the CO asked me why I was visiting the States, and whether my husband was a USC or an LPR...we chatted very amicably about how we met, but it really was very pleasant and easy and not only did he let me in, he said that he hoped to see me again very soon as an immigrant :)

I guess I'm just feeling his absence today more than usual. :( We've spoken today already but the 8 hour time difference can be SO hard. I miss him so much I can feel it in my bones, I swear.

Lucky am I that my SO is a night owl! So the 5 hours he is ahead he spends with me after I get home from work. Thank God for Skype!

Surprising just how much it does indeed physically hurt.

Reread Harry Potter! :)

Oh yeah gimme Mr. Potter. I could reread those books everyday!

Here is y'all a funny......

My SO is not handling the heat very well and we were tickling and wrestling when he decided to yell out (referring to the heat)...."ITS NOT FAIR YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF THE HOME COUNTRY...or what the bloody ever".....Between snickers and my continued attack, I explained that the saying is the home field advantage.

You can stand me at the gates of hell, but I wont back down.
AOS Filed 02/01 however used wrong forms
refiled 2/22
NOA 3/1
BIO 3/18
Transfer 3/14
Touched 3/18
AP Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
EAD Approved 4/14(WASN'T UPDATED ON SIGHT OR TEXED TILL 4/18)
GREEN CARD APPROVED WITH NO
INTERVIEW AND NO HAVING
TO TRANSCRIBE HIS SHOT RECORDS! 4/18!(WASN'T NOTIFIED TILL 4/19)

Applied for lifting of conditions 02/27/2013
NOA1 March 4
BIO April 2

RFE received 07/25

Returned RFE recieved 08/19

NOW WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH

APPROVED 9/9/2013

Filed: Timeline

Hrmm, this was a while ago, and one relationship ago too :lol: I'll tell you how I did it: I worked like a maniac...figured might as well bank some money while I was lonely. I went shopping with my friends, went out with friends at night occasionally, did projects around the house, took long baths, was a bit more self-indulgent with my time (ie facials in the bathroom, pedicures while sitting on the floor in my bathroom, etc), gym as well! I figured that once he came over, I wouldn't have that disposable time to indulge myself as much as I did.

I hated the saying 'oh my life will start once he's here' or the similar types. Life is now! Realizing that we're all lucky to wake up on the 'right side of the dirt' is a huge blessing, and I was determined to not spend it merely 'counting it away'. Now, I did almost die once, and this mindset is a product of such, so I dunno if it's really easy to grasp cos it does sound kinda 'PollyAnna'.

Saying that, I am now engaged to the true love of my life, and when I'm away from him (which is rare), my heart feels like there's a huge hole in it. I guess that's the difference between 'the wrong one' and 'the ONE'.

My heart goes out to everyone who is separated, because it truly does suck. But keep your eye on the prize!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hrmm, this was a while ago, and one relationship ago too :lol: I'll tell you how I did it: I worked like a maniac...figured might as well bank some money while I was lonely. I went shopping with my friends, went out with friends at night occasionally, did projects around the house, took long baths, was a bit more self-indulgent with my time (ie facials in the bathroom, pedicures while sitting on the floor in my bathroom, etc), gym as well! I figured that once he came over, I wouldn't have that disposable time to indulge myself as much as I did.

I hated the saying 'oh my life will start once he's here' or the similar types. Life is now! Realizing that we're all lucky to wake up on the 'right side of the dirt' is a huge blessing, and I was determined to not spend it merely 'counting it away'. Now, I did almost die once, and this mindset is a product of such, so I dunno if it's really easy to grasp cos it does sound kinda 'PollyAnna'.

Saying that, I am now engaged to the true love of my life, and when I'm away from him (which is rare), my heart feels like there's a huge hole in it. I guess that's the difference between 'the wrong one' and 'the ONE'.

My heart goes out to everyone who is separated, because it truly does suck. But keep your eye on the prize!

agrees totallly.

I remember last year around this time going frantic because i was waiting on the visa, knowing I was approved then waiting and waiting and waiting. I used to ring him up crying " I cant do this anymore.. " and i really meant it. Yes it was blooming hard, and there were days when i used to sit my my class room and have these vivid flashbacks of times I spent with him, places I went here in the USA. your heart knows what it wants, I dont think anything you write or read here will help, maybe while reading it. you will turn away from the comp and be without him again. There is this consolation though, you found him and YOU are going to be with him.

I think knowing and believing that really helped me and now that i'm here with him and its fast approaching our first annversary, I keep looking to those times when I cried on the phone to him; missed him like crazy while I was teaching; sat down with friends, shopping going out but still missing him all the time I was with them and I feel somewhat privileged to have him now. Someone who will go through that with you is pretty awesome. He missed me as much as I missed him.

I know you want to hear something that will make it all just go away, so you can feel normal again, I'm afraid theres nothing like that except being with him and he with you. Keep busy, say your goodbyes to friends,family soak up all the good things about blighty... and keep the faith..

I hope you get your wish sooner rather than later.

xx

P

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Timeline

I've started the cleaning projects I need to get finished before he gets here. There are closets to be cleaned out, and room to make for another PC desk etc.

Although, I have to admit I had a really selfish freak out moment the other day. I have roommates and my bedroom is kind of my sanctuary from the daily buzz of life in our house. I was getting panicked about "my" private space getting invaded and actually got a little freaked that I have to clean out part of the closet for him. :wow: He was all "Don't you have two walk in closets in that bedroom?" :bonk: I do, and that's not the point...I want his stuff in MY closet, but I still freaked out for a second or two. He just laughed about it and said he would put up another bar in the other closet. So then we actually sort of jokingly argues about what closet he was going to have...LOL.

We've spent a long time waited to be together, and I think watching and seeing that it is finally about to happen was odd!!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Timeline

I've been spending time looking at houses recently. I keep finding places that are almost right but not quite, like there's only three bedrooms instead of four, or the bathroom is a terrible color, or the yard isn't big enough... It's SO frustrating because once I find one I like my fiance will be coming over to handle the sale, which means I will get to see him. Obviously I want that to happen as fast as possible so I have a real incentive to look harder! :star:

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

Well, because my fiance, Julian, wants that many. I don't really have an opinion about it, but it would be nice to have plenty of room to put up guests. Also, he'll need one for his office and I'll need one for mine too, so that's three rooms already counting our bedroom. It would be great to have one room that is just a guest bedroom. :)

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

All I can say is 'you lucky things'.

I would love to choose a house based on how big the garden is, rather than how many utilities are included in the rent. :unsure:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

All I can say is 'you lucky things'.

I would love to choose a house based on how big the garden is, rather than how many utilities are included in the rent. :unsure:

:yes:

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.