Kimchimex

ok, one more FEE question

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I know that Kids are included in the $335 fee to file in the US for the original pettition, the information I cannot seem to find (or maybe I just don't understand the language) is when arriving at Cuidad Juarez, Mexico Consulate do we need to pay seperate fees for the kids?

Like approx. $400 each? or are kids included under mom again? (I realize medical fees are all seperate, just wondering about the visas fee)

Need to get an idea of fees so money can be saved up!

Thanks everyone!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I know that Kids are included in the $335 fee to file in the US for the original pettition, the information I cannot seem to find (or maybe I just don't understand the language) is when arriving at Cuidad Juarez, Mexico Consulate do we need to pay seperate fees for the kids?

Like approx. $400 each? or are kids included under mom again? (I realize medical fees are all seperate, just wondering about the visas fee)

Thanks everyone!

The I-129F petition fee which includes the children is $455. (Not the $335 you wrote)

The K-1/K-2 Visa Applicant fee is PER PERSON(per Visa applicant) meaning you must pay that fee for each of the applicants. $350 for the Alien Beneficiary. Then $350 for each child dependent asking for a K-2 derivative visa. Simplest terms...Kids not included.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks everyone!

I made a huge mistake in my original understanding of this & caution you to look into this again. If not read & understood correctly it leads you to believe the kids are part of her petition. They are not.

Each child will need their own seperate 130 petition which will result in a seperate visa. You will pay individual fees for those petitions & visas.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sorry, did you file I-129F or I-130 for the mother (yer wife) ?

If an I-130, each child needs seperate I-130 filed also.

There's some NVC Processing to do, as well.

Is this for your friends, at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/258594-how-much-actual-time-together/ ???

If a K-1 - with an I-129F petition filed.

Initial I-129F - just one fee, for the fiancee.

Then other fees for the VISA APPLICATION, 350 each person- each person pays 350 in Mexico (fiancee, kid1, kid2, etc)

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Sorry, did you file I-129F or I-130 for the mother (yer wife) ?

If an I-130, each child needs seperate I-130 filed also.

There's some NVC Processing to do, as well.

Is this for your friends, at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/258594-how-much-actual-time-together/ ???

If a K-1 - with an I-129F petition filed.

Initial I-129F - just one fee, for the fiancee.

Then other fees for the VISA APPLICATION, 350 each person- each person pays 350 in Mexico (fiancee, kid1, kid2, etc)

Hi everyone...my mistake I knew it was $455 initial filing for I-129 & yes I know Kids are included here.

I am the best friend of Mexican fiancee, I am also great friends here in USA with her American fiancee. I am helping to organize everything. Nothing has been filed yet. I am trying to organize papers for each & we are traveling to see her & kids for 15 days in September (I am going cuz kids are like nephews to me, I love them & have known them since birth)

I am a bit freaked out that he will be paying per person in Ciudad Juarez, but we are trying to plan the money in advance...it will be costly! Flying everyone there, & staying for at least 7 days while waiting on visas.

I certainly appreciate everyones fast response. This is going to be a long haul for them...I hope that she will be here with kids by next summer if all goes well. that would mean filing in late Sept.2010 then waiting up to 6 months, March 2011, going to Cd. Juarez maybe April or May 2011. Things we are trying to consider is kids missing school etc. They do plan to cross over at Cd. J to el Paso & fly from there to Minnesota, so May would be less freakin' freezing cold for everyone! LOL! I have many Mexican friends here, all legal, but every visa story is so different! This is the first K1 with kids!

If anyone has been through Juarez with Children I would appreciate any advice! I had read every review here! Wonderful stuff. I am considering goping with them to help with kids & to make it like a fun vacation/adventure for the boys who will be 10 & 14 by next spring.

Anyone know how schools respond to kids that age with only beginning English?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I made an assumption you were asking about the I-129F petition and K-1 and K-2 derivative visas since we are in the K-1 Process and Procedures forum.

I will tell you a little about one prior experience I know of where an Alien fiancee brought her three daughters to the US ages of the three girls was 10, 13 and 15. My suggestion was to enroll the children in a private English school for one year then send them to the regular public schools.

My friend talked to an assistant to the Superindent of schools and was told that is illegal. The children must be enrolled in school. They said the children do well and learn the language rapidly. They are very flexible and adapt rapidly.

Well the 15 year old did not lose a year of school but her grades were not good. Some (not all) classes needed to be repeated. I believe it is simply a law, the children under age 16 (depends on the state) must be enrolled in school. The school's attitude was, we take 'em and and let them sink or swim.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi everyone...my mistake I knew it was $455 initial filing for I-129 & yes I know Kids are included here.

I am the best friend of Mexican fiancee, I am also great friends here in USA with her American fiancee. I am helping to organize everything. Nothing has been filed yet. I am trying to organize papers for each & we are traveling to see her & kids for 15 days in September (I am going cuz kids are like nephews to me, I love them & have known them since birth)

I am a bit freaked out that he will be paying per person in Ciudad Juarez, but we are trying to plan the money in advance...it will be costly! Flying everyone there, & staying for at least 7 days while waiting on visas.

I certainly appreciate everyones fast response. This is going to be a long haul for them...I hope that she will be here with kids by next summer if all goes well. that would mean filing in late Sept.2010 then waiting up to 6 months, March 2011, going to Cd. Juarez maybe April or May 2011. Things we are trying to consider is kids missing school etc. They do plan to cross over at Cd. J to el Paso & fly from there to Minnesota, so May would be less freakin' freezing cold for everyone! LOL! I have many Mexican friends here, all legal, but every visa story is so different! This is the first K1 with kids!

If anyone has been through Juarez with Children I would appreciate any advice! I had read every review here! Wonderful stuff. I am considering goping with them to help with kids & to make it like a fun vacation/adventure for the boys who will be 10 & 14 by next spring.

Bear in mind each person will also pay for a medical exam in addition to the visa application fee. After arrival, each person will pay an adjustment of status fee, $1010 for the fiance and $600 for each child under 14 if filed concurrently with the parent.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Bear in mind each person will also pay for a medical exam in addition to the visa application fee. After arrival, each person will pay an adjustment of status fee, $1010 for the fiance and $600 for each child under 14 if filed concurrently with the parent.

How soon is the adjustment of status money due?

Timeline

Check with the schools in Minnestota & you will find the following:

English as a Second Language (ESL) or bilingual services. Students may or may not

actually be in an ESL or bilingual program. M.S. §124D.59, Subd. 2 (1sp2003) defines pupil of limited

English proficiency as a pupil in any of the grades of pre-kindergarten (grade EC) through 12 who meets the

following requirements:

(1) the pupil, as declared by a parent or guardian first learned a language other than English, comes from

a home where the language usually spoken is other than English, or usually speaks a language other

than English; and

(2) the pupil is determined by developmentally appropriate measures, which might include observations,

teacher judgment, parent recommendations, or developmentally appropriate assessment instruments,

to lack the necessary English skills to participate fully in classes taught in English.

The kids will be put into the ESL classes & all other class work adjusted until they learn enough to participate at the correct level.

These ESL programs are amazing & kids respond very well to them. The boys you are talking about will be fine & everyone will be suprised as they go thru the program.

My own daughter came here knowing 3 words of English. In two short years she won a state speech contest & is now helping to teach others.

Timeline

How soon is the adjustment of status money due?

The adjustment must be done prior to the experation of the visa. The medical they recieve will be good for one year or must be re-done.

Have them taken to the local county health department to get follow up shots prior to school registration to save some money. My daughter was free & my wifes shots cost 23 bucks at our clinic.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The adjustment must be done prior to the experation of the visa. The medical they recieve will be good for one year or must be re-done.

Have them taken to the local county health department to get follow up shots prior to school registration to save some money. My daughter was free & my wifes shots cost 23 bucks at our clinic.

The above is absolutely incorrect. First, the visa expiration date is meaningless once the holder has entered the USA. There is no deadline for filing to adjust status but the status after entry is derived from the I-94 which is good for 90 days. There is no actual penalty for filing to adjust status after the 90 days but things get more complicated if the marriage doesn't occur within 90 days of entry. Bear in mind, the K1 and K2 visa holders need to stay in the USA without work authorization until at least about three months from the time the AOS is filed and are at risk of detention and potential deportation once the 90 days is up. If there are no arrests or detentions, any "overstay" or "delay" in filing AOS is forgiven if LPR status is eventually granted.

Nevertheless, planning for the wedding and status adjustment within the 90 days or as soon after that as possible is a VERY good idea.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The adjustment must be done prior to the experation of the visa.

I'm terribly sorry - but this is dead wrong. May I ask, from where did you learn this? Thanks in advance !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks everyone!

Kids are NOT included in the I-130 fee of $355. Kids ARE included in the I-129f fee of $455 for K-2 visas. EACH person must pay the visa app fee at the interview ($400 for CR visas and $350 for K visas) With K visas each person must pay the AOS fee of $1010, except that children under 14 are $600 each IF they file at the same time with the parent. Basically children multiply the fees for each as if it were another fiancee/spouse. They ARE another immigrant.

Here is a rundown

For K-1/K-2 $455 petition, one time for all. $350 for EACH at the interview, $1010 for EACH for AOS ($600 for children under 14) $535 EACH for lifting conditions, in two years

For CR-1/CR-2 $355 EACH of the petition, $400 EACH for the visa fee, NO AOS fees. $535 EACH for lifting conditions in two years.

Fees will likely increase for ALL later this year, early next year.

All of these are down payments. Operating costs are much higher and repetitive daily.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I'm terribly sorry - but this is dead wrong. May I ask, from where did you learn this? Thanks in advance !

Its been confirmed that I was wrong. Why dont you just answer the OPs question? Thanks in advance.

Timeline

The above is absolutely incorrect. First, the visa expiration date is meaningless once the holder has entered the USA. There is no deadline for filing to adjust status but the status after entry is derived from the I-94 which is good for 90 days. There is no actual penalty for filing to adjust status after the 90 days but things get more complicated if the marriage doesn't occur within 90 days of entry. Bear in mind, the K1 and K2 visa holders need to stay in the USA without work authorization until at least about three months from the time the AOS is filed and are at risk of detention and potential deportation once the 90 days is up. If there are no arrests or detentions, any "overstay" or "delay" in filing AOS is forgiven if LPR status is eventually granted.

Nevertheless, planning for the wedding and status adjustment within the 90 days or as soon after that as possible is a VERY good idea.

So the correct answer is he has to do the AOS before the 90 days is up?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.