MikeH60

Job problems

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Why would you think that? Pray share the source of your expertise.

Read the I-864 Instructions for using assets to replace income. This link:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf

Page 9, Sections 28 and 29.

I do not claim the I-864 is the proper instructions for applying assets to the I-134. There is no such instruction as stated earlier.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perhaps that is because it is down to the Consulate, not USCIS?

So you quoted numbers, you expect presumably the OP to act on them, where do you get them from?

You know the OP does not have those resources.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

So you quoted numbers, you expect presumably the OP to act on them, where do you get them from?

The DOS always adjudicates the I-134 a USCIS form. Every single person at VJ uses the I-864 instructions and I-864P when making the I-134 decisions such as using a joint sponsor since the I-134 does not anywhere reference a joint sponsor.

Well it definitely is NOT even close to GBP 4,000.

Where did you get your numbers?

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, well it's safe to say I wouldn't be able to make it on assets alone - I reckon that by the time I get the interview (lets say August for example) I'll have the equivalent of $8500 or $9000 US in the bank that I can show the interviewer. That then doesn't count the various things I'll have to sell before leaving (such as my car) which will easily take the total over $10'000 - hopefully to more like $12'000. But I know that'll be secondary to her I-134 so we have to see what she can find in the way of work before then.

I wrote to the "Immigrant Visa Branch" at the Embassy a few days back requesting the extension of the NOA2 expiry date. Just waiting to see what the response will be.

A technical point...It's Embassy, not Consulate. Embassies are in the Capital city and Consulates are in other major cities. You may have meant the "Consular Section".

Timeline

The DOS always adjudicates the I-134 a USCIS form. Every single person at VJ uses the I-864 instructions and I-864P when making the I-134 decisions such as using a joint sponsor since the I-134 does not anywhere reference a joint sponsor.

I did not use the 864 instructions.

As far as numbers, other People including myslef who self sponsored

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Well it definitely is NOT even close to GBP 4,000.

Where did you get your numbers?

And no DOS doesn't adjudicate the I134. The visa unit at individual consulates don't even have to use the form. Many do not.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

And no DOS doesn't adjudicate the I134. The visa unit at individual consulates don't even have to use the form. Many do not.

It is absilutely positively certain that every single I-134 submitted to a US Embassy/Consulate or Mission is adjudicated by DOS. DOS typically requires I-134 for Non-immigrant Visas and the I-864 for Immigrant Visas.

I did not use the 864 instructions.

As far as numbers, other People including myslef who self sponsored

So for a total of 4,000 GBP, the DOS let you self-sponsor yourself into the US? Your lack of credibility is extended with each posting you make.

Naturalization N-400

It is absilutely positively certain that every single I-134 submitted to a US Embassy/Consulate or Mission is adjudicated by DOS. DOS typically requires I-134 for Non-immigrant Visas and the I-864 for Immigrant Visas.

So for a total of 4,000 GBP, the DOS let you self-sponsor yourself into the US? Your lack of credibility is extended with each posting you make.

Not every consulate does things the same way, Audy_Rob. Just because you personally have not heard of something does not mean it is not so.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Agree with JohnnyQ on this one. Guayaquil (Ecuador) may not even look at the I-134. No interviewees there have even had it mentioned one way or the other, to my vigilant knowledge. JQ is correct on this issue.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

You obviously have no clue, which is no issue to me, but you are providing misinformation to somebody who may suffer the consequences. That I find distasteful.

Timeline

Agree with JohnnyQ on this one. Guayaquil (Ecuador) may not even look at the I-134. No interviewees there have even had it mentioned one way or the other, to my vigilant knowledge. JQ is correct on this issue.

I would have to believe that meeting the requirements of the I-134 to prove that the intended immigrant (K-1s are non-immigrant visas but the DOS states are treated as intended immigrants) will not become a public charge. It simply is not reasonable that the I-134 has already undergone scrutiny before the face to face interview process.

Naturalization N-400

I would have to believe that meeting the requirements of the I-134 to prove that the intended immigrant (K-1s are non-immigrant visas but the DOS states are treated as intended immigrants) will not become a public charge. It simply is not reasonable that the I-134 has already undergone scrutiny before the face to face interview process.

How can it when the affidavit isn't even presented UNTIL the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm more confused now than I was when I opened the thread, seems this isn't an issue with a set answer! Sorry for kindling an argument, everyone.

Assuming the expiry date on the NOA2 gets extended I'll just show up at the interview with the I-134 and hope for the best!

Timeline

How can it when the affidavit isn't even presented UNTIL the interview?

The face to face interview will occur after the Consular Officer has studied all of the forms and evidence. The documents are not submitted at the same moment there is the face to face interview with the CO.

I'm more confused now than I was when I opened the thread, seems this isn't an issue with a set answer! Sorry for kindling an argument, everyone.

Assuming the expiry date on the NOA2 gets extended I'll just show up at the interview with the I-134 and hope for the best!

I am sorry that you do not believe this was of any help. If you do not mind, I would appreciate it if you either post the outcome of your experience here after the interview or you can PM me if you do not want it public.

Thanks very much and good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.