one...two...tree

A Plea to Long Time, Level-Headed Members Who Still Post Here

414 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is a repeat of the original post of this thread.Who in this non-OT thread is fitting into (or not helping supersede) the qualities in the bolded statement above?

Actually, you would fit that description in this thread. You're ideas are not logical, and distracting from the greater topic of discussing how to reform OT.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think what we may have forgotten is that VJ is a business. The VJ owners make money from advertising sold on this site. Less visitors = less money. Banning people from OT = less visitors. I'm not sure some change is always good change. Why not let people who want to post in OT do so. Go ahead and ban or suspend those that get out of line consistently, but other than that, I'm not sure why people are investing so much time and energy into "fixing" this "problem".

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think what we may have forgotten is that VJ is a business. The VJ owners make money from advertising sold on this site. Less visitors = less money. Banning people from OT = less visitors. I'm not sure some change is always good change. Why not let people who want to post in OT do so. Go ahead and ban or suspend those that get out of line consistently, but other than that, I'm not sure why people are investing so much time and energy into "fixing" this "problem".

Excellent redirect back on-topic there. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Elaborate about "backbone," please. (Question without rancor) If they're so done, why are they still here?Why aren't they/you availing themselves/yourself of avenues outside VJ to do so? As one example, I have special pals here, too, and I have their personal e-mail addresses.The answer is obvious, and it's in the OP's opening message.Then there should be some timeline function added to incorporate withdrawals. Regarding the value of historical data, the Admiral or a moderator can answer this in detail. (Did you ask anyone before yanking your timeline?)Or, is it seeking to invent a better mousetrap? Is Steven's plea so wrong or misguided? Darnell (for one) and I (for two) believe that the current system is untenable -- and perhaps the moderators & the Admiral believe similarly.Drama for its own sake is not usually healthy; see some of the opinions in this very thread. Someone else bemoaned the spillage into this thread -- for, what, 7 pages or more? And 100% good riddance to that other site, in my firm opinion.How do you speak for him on this matter, please? The immigration-related fora seem quite healthy to me... and your own contributions there are quite wise and well-stated, incidentally. It's disappointing that you saw the need to use "#######" and "fuque" here, though -- OT spillage into a non-OT forum.

I'm not going to recreate the c&ps on each quote so I'll just try to answer them in order.

Why does anyone have to find anywhere else? There is an OT forum, they are longtime members, end of. No justification is needed. Whether a handful of people including you, Darnell, and Steven find it a cesspool, then as I keep saying...contribute more and speak up, or report everything you find unacceptable. How long is a piece of string? You three and others may have a problem, and others may not. This is all subjective relativity....so what might be the ideal site for you, may not be for me. But getting back to topic, the ironic thing is, Steven is calling out for 'level-headed posters' yet he's also admitted that he himself is guilty of the very behavior he berates in this thread. Naturally, I think the best answer for him would be to cease and desist that behavior, and be responsible for his own actions before casting stones from his glass house.

Whether Ewok wants to add places for incomplete timelines is up to him, I don't really mind one way or another...although at this point, I'd be hard pressed to figure out my NOA2 date vs the date I filed.

Maybe some better mousetraps have been built in the past, but most of Steven's ideas on this forum have been consistently stupid. Oh, let's assign an 'elder guide' to each newb (cos they can't manage on their own?), let's split this forum, let's do this that and the other. Maybe it's that I see him as a hypocrite for starting this thread with the finger pointing when he's admittedly guilty of the same behavior. All of them have one thing in common imo...they complicate things which don't need to be. Relax, enjoy yourself. This is my opinion...you are free to totally disagree.

Don't you think if Ewok felt there was a significant problem in OT that he wouldn't have done something about it already??? Seriously. Actions speak louder than words. So again, either isolate the specific problem and report away, or just accept it and move on. Back in the day when E put mods in, I was VERY anti-mod. I still am. But this is his site so I have two choices; accept his decision or sling my hook.

How do I speak for Ewok? I was basically drawing a conclusion....hits = revenue. It would be illogical for Ewok to want LESS hits on his site.

As to ####### and fuque, I'm sorry you're disappointed....it's disappointing to me you need to end most posts with 'si man' but hey, different strokes and all that jazz.

Edited by Happy Bunny

This seems to be the indication.

no. ewok is again trying to make everyone 'happy' w/ taking suggestions & advice on how to do just that. he is again trying to keep the peace between people. the only problem is the people that continue to push this issue do not want peace. they want control.

7yqZWFL.jpg

no. ewok is again trying to make everyone 'happy' w/ taking suggestions & advice on how to do just that. he is again trying to keep the peace between people. the only problem is the people that continue to push this issue do not want peace. they want control.

ding ding ding

Johnny, tell him what he's won!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
So according to you TBone, everyone should be posting to help each and every immigration member, despite their level of expertise.
Please cut & paste the specific verbiage where I've said exactly this.
Many people do help, in their respective regional forums because many consulate and immigration questions are country specific. But apparently, that does not suffice for you.
I'm aware of that, and it's excellent that they do.
I don't know ####### your problem is with people who post more than you
Without profanity, please cut & paste the specific verbiage where I've said exactly this.
If you don't understand why Ewok wants higher traffic on this site, then I simply can't be bothered to explain internet advertising revenue streams to you.
You obviously did bother, and if that's the reason, that's fine... except OT seems to be the same group of people whom the OP believes is limiting traffic.
Don't you have wedgies to go post on :rolleyes:
Thank you for your mutual respect toward all members, and for your polite tone in a non-OT forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

You could make the case to question why everyone on these boards don't post more in those forums you listed. We all have jobs and lived in the U.S. for some period of time and could offer invaluable information regarding life and culture in the U.S.. So I ask, why don't you post more in those threads?

Many of us have staked out territories that we pay attention to, and for me, just getting used to the new format took a while. For the OT posters, we were some what encouraged not to participate significantly in the upper forums. As we just went through ROC, I feel I could contribute there, and when someone is in a panic, looking for an answer so that they can get to sleep, I will do what I can to get the ball rolling. As far as the regionals, I have adopted the Philippines forum, and as long as no one is trolling there, I stay in the background.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Many of us have staked out territories that we pay attention to, and for me, just getting used to the new format took a while. For the OT posters, we were some what encouraged not to participate significantly in the upper forums. As we just went through ROC, I feel I could contribute there, and when someone is in a panic, looking for an answer so that they can get to sleep, I will do what I can to get the ball rolling. As far as the regionals, I have adopted the Philippines forum, and as long as no one is trolling there, I stay in the background.

:thumbs: :thumbs: to you and this approach, si man. Please elaborate on the bolded statement above.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

:thumbs: :thumbs: to you and this approach, si man. Please elaborate on the bolded statement above.

You don't remember the nOOb patrols? What is now just a coffee clutch was at one time a personal concern of the furry one, as some folks that were regulars of the OT forum were "concerned" about the quality of advise given in so-called Upper Forums. That brought a whole cast of legacy members back into active duty for a while. You hit a dog on the nose enough times, he quits drinking from the toilet.

at one time there was a sticky posted in the OT 'requesting/encouraging' that people make sure that 'OT style posting' not migrate into other forums. 'requesting/encouraging' like your father standing there w/ a belt in his hand telling you 'this is going to hurt me more than you, please don't make me do it'

7yqZWFL.jpg