elya

Anyone had this happen at Moscow embassy??

80 posts in this topic

They are almost always flying a UK or Canadian flag. Mostly people that never did any work with the government (but want them to run their healthcare) and do not understand it can take one department of the government YEARS to approve a permit application for another part of the government.

These same people, if marrying a domestic mate without government approval, would think nothing of waiting 4 months to get the banquet hall date they want, or 4 months to have a wedding dress made, but because they are in love and can't stand to be apart the government should fly through the process so they aren't kept apart. :crying:

Exactly. The "horror stories" sometimes aren't all that horrible yet folks waving those two flags in particular seem to conjure up the most fear. Super ironic considering they're at the most liberty of anyone to see their SO while they wait.

I know we could never believe our wives would be spies or terrorists, but how do we really know? If they're well trained, they know how to make it look good. It would be a great way to infiltrate the US and we might never suspect any foul play...but we could be fat, old, bald dupes.

I don't think any amount of training would help my wife put up with me. She'd quit her job after a few months. I mean, she'd really have to love her country to love me on a professional level.

Your post reminds me of a situation in S. Korea where a young Russian girl was deported. The girls there work in bars, dance for, drink with the GIs, etc. One day a GI was in one of these bars talking with a young Russian woman and mentioned he worked on airplanes. She asked if the airplanes he worked on were covered with "zat paint zat makes radar confuzid." His radar went off and he reported the girl to the Office of Special Investigations. She was gone shortly thereafter.

While it may seem that she was trained by the KGB and implanted where she could gain the best intelligence, there's a more innocent answer. The girls live in apartments downtown and they have the local cable channels on their TVs. Most of the shows are in Korean language but a few are in English. They typically watch the English shows since they're working on their English skills and many of the shows are the same they see in Russia. One of the shows that came on was a Discover Wings channel program about modern aircraft. That show featured a few planes with special paint that "confuzid radar" and if the girl was paying attention to the show, it's likely that she, like many others who watched this show, found it fascinating that paint could confuse radar. When she met a nice young man who worked on American planes, she asked him about it.

The OSI briefed us there were "active" agents working the bar scene downtown and we should be on the lookout and report any suspicious activity or attempts to gather intelligence. Well, I made it my mission to personally interview every young attractive Russian woman I could. While I didn't find any spies, I did realize one thing - if they would train these girls to be spies... we'd be toast!

It didn't last that long, but those were a few tough months for me.

I realize it's tough. It's messed up. It sucks. All that. But.... it's a few months.

I know it's a hard time while going through it, but if the OP can keep in mind it's only a few months, maybe that'll help her keep it in perspective. What I see as a problem is not us saying "it's only a few months and that's not that long" I see folks wanting to remind the OP that "this one time, at band camp, someone was on admin hold for five years." There's no need for that #######.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When I met Alla, she had two computers and two cell phones for each country she frequented. I was pretty sure she was a spy.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

But she only had one passport, right?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

But she only had one passport, right?

Well, one international passport, yes.

But, I mean, think back on this...She was in Prague at the same time I was, what are the odds of that? Even on the same plane from Odessa, she says, but I didn't see her on the plane, so was she really on the plane? And she isn't from Odessa, so why would she be on that plane? Then she says she is staying in the same hotel as me and like a bald headed fool I say I will show her where it is... "Follow me" I said. Coincidence? OMG Slim, I was so set up! Good thing I am a modest war hero and didn't discuss any military secrets. Then the next day she followed me around everywhere, I am sure she was hoping I would spill the beans about troop positions, secret codes and the plans for miniaturized transistor radios. And how, exactly, the Energizer Bunny can keep going and going and going. Now she agrees to marry me (who would do that if they weren't a highly paid spy and after national secrets?) And she still has all those phones! Plus one for the US now. PLUS, she was in the Komsomol and is older than she looks so she probably had plastic surgery to conceal her real identity, PLUS I am quite sure she had training at the "Sparrow School" because, I mean...well, NM. It won't work! I am not going to crack!

I am SO telling on her at the I-751 interview!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Well, one international passport, yes.

But, I mean, think back on this...She was in Prague at the same time I was, what are the odds of that? Even on the same plane from Odessa, she says, but I didn't see her on the plane, so was she really on the plane? And she isn't from Odessa, so why would she be on that plane? Then she says she is staying in the same hotel as me and like a bald headed fool I say I will show her where it is... "Follow me" I said. Coincidence? OMG Slim, I was so set up! Good thing I am a modest war hero and didn't discuss any military secrets. Then the next day she followed me around everywhere, I am sure she was hoping I would spill the beans about troop positions, secret codes and the plans for miniaturized transistor radios. And how, exactly, the Energizer Bunny can keep going and going and going. Now she agrees to marry me (who would do that if they weren't a highly paid spy and after national secrets?) And she still has all those phones! Plus one for the US now. PLUS, she was in the Komsomol and is older than she looks so she probably had plastic surgery to conceal her real identity, PLUS I am quite sure she had training at the "Sparrow School" because, I mean...well, NM. It won't work! I am not going to crack!

I am SO telling on her at the I-751 interview!

Do knives stick out from the toes of her shoes?

And forget about military secrets, she's after the BIG stuff.

My Wife, the Spy, already has a line on two very important American inventions that are worth tons to Mother Russia:

1. Seedless Watermelons (THE most important invention of mankind)

2. Little plastic pizza box top crush preventers (What is this?.....Now I understand !!!)

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just want to say I really appreciate the supportive posts or internet "hugs". Some sympathy is helpful, too - just like the practical advice. Anyone on here should know how it sucks when the majority of people around you don't have a clue about what you're going through because they don't know anything about visas/immigration. It's nice to hear from someone who does understand instead of just asking "why didn't you just marry him there and bring him with you right away?"

I know that 4 months (and counting...) isn't the end of the world - god, if they would just tell us: ok, it will take X number of months, we would be ok to wait twice as long.

Of course, I'm wishing I hadn't accepted a new job after he got his visa - changed from a writing contract where I could spend months at a time with him (we practically lived together for much of the last year and a half) to a permanent gov't position where I am working on saving up a week of vacation time. I'm in Alaska - takes a long connection or two to get to those direct flights out of New York! I will go see him for in July - but I could be in Russia with him now if they had put us in review after the interview instead of doing it 3 weeks after issuing him a visa.

I'm not trying to whine (ok, I admit, it's hard for me :-) ) Just trying to point out everyone's situation is different. It's ok to remind me to keep things in perspective, but it's really not fair to equate this with choosing to wait for a banquet hall.

We will continue to wait it out and hope for the best. In the end, yes, it's just a few more months (hopefully) on the way to a lifetime of being together :-) And thank god at least he hadn't quit his job yet... although that almost happened!

Anyway, pretty sure he's not a spy :-) if you don't know someone after spending several three-month periods living with him and his parents in a 2-room Moscow apartment, you never will :-)

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Timeline

And forget about military secrets, she's after the BIG stuff.

My Wife, the Spy, already has a line on two very important American inventions that are worth tons to Mother Russia:

1. Seedless Watermelons (THE most important invention of mankind)

2. Little plastic pizza box top crush preventers (What is this?.....Now I understand !!!)

:rofl:

Yep, they are spies, no doubt. Alla was ALL OVER the seedless watermelons also. They are part of a TEAM sent here, and the Eveready Energizer plant is in St Albans, where (conveniently) we have to go for USCIS interviews. Hmmmm. She is after the secret of the pink bunny, I am sure of it.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Anyway, pretty sure he's not a spy :-) if you don't know someone after spending several three-month periods living with him and his parents in a 2-room Moscow apartment, you never will :-)

Proves nothing. He could still be a spy. How many phones does he have? Really good spies are hard to pick out of a crowd.

Sarah Palin said Alaska was really close to Russia and even connected in the winter. You could walk.

No, but daggers fly from her eyes sometimes.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

OMG they ARE spies! That explains everything! :rofl:

YEP. That's why she opened ALL the cans we had when she discovered the electric can opener. Gathering intelligence. I heard they have electric can openers in Ukraine now. Next she is going for the "secret of the water heater that always works"

It is "Alla's glorious adventure to Amerika for to make better Ukraine" :lol:

OMG they ARE spies! That explains everything! :rofl:

And NOW we know why they break stuff...stress tests.

Thi is just too funny. :rofl::rofl:

Gary And Alla

And NOW we know why they break stuff...stress tests.

Thi is just too funny. :rofl::rofl:

Stress testing appliances or American men? :rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Stress testing appliances or American men? :rofl:

Hey, if things go south between Russia and the United Obamanation, imagine the value of this! Russian smart bombs targeted at our dishes, water heaters and watermelons! They know we would crack, go mad, and run screaming from the battlefield "Vanya!!!!!! If only we had had this in the Great Patriotic War, the facists would never have made it to Smolensk!" They will take over and paint complicated stripe patterns on all our bedroom walls!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

For the OP, while it won't be any cheaper it would certainly be easier for the two of you to meet in Vladivostok or Khabarovsk if you need to meet somewhere in the near future. If not, here's a "hug" for the two of you and hope for a speedy resolution of things. (Also, consider having his POE at SEA/TAC once he journeys here.)

For everyone else -

I was on R&R in the Gulf back in '06 and I met a couple of nice young ladies from the FSU. After spending a few wonderful evenings sipping adult beverages and trading stories of life back home (amongst other things) I was approached by one of their handlers. He whisked me away to a high rise that was still under construction. At first I thought I was going to end up on Al-Jazeera but after a cigarette and a few shots of smooth potato vodka he started explaining to me that he couldn't have me talking to his girls anymore because they were "on assignment." While I wasn't really sure what he meant by that at the time I figured I'd better bark up another tree for the rest of my stay.

I went to see Dimitri, one of the other handlers at another bar and he explained to me that sometimes the girls were brought here to work and make money, other times they were brought in to finish their training. "What training?" I asked.

"Bird training."

He poured me another shot and made bird sounds, laughed, flapped his wings and then slapped me on my back and said not to worry about it.

I didn't give it too much thought until I got home and looked it up on the internet. I'd heard of sparrow school and the old KGB and what they did but I didn't really put it all together until that weekend. And I definitely didn't think they were still active and still working.

I called my buddy Konstantin who I'd met in Korea back in '99 and as my best and most trusted Russian advisor I asked what was going on with this stuff. "Is the sparrow school still active?"

He answered, "Not like it was. Yes there is still sparrow school but it's not KGB anymore." I couldn't help it. "Well, what is it? Tell me! I just met some girls and this is serious. What's going on?"

"They're sent to school after they pass their K-1 visa interview in Moscow. The girls you met were on their way to meet fat old bald guys in America. We send them to the Gulf so they can realize no matter how bad Cincinnati gets... it's still not as bad as when they used to have to sing in the Gulf."

Русский форум член.

Timeline

For the OP, while it won't be any cheaper it would certainly be easier for the two of you to meet in Vladivostok or Khabarovsk if you need to meet somewhere in the near future. If not, here's a "hug" for the two of you and hope for a speedy resolution of things. (Also, consider having his POE at SEA/TAC once he journeys here.)

For everyone else -

I was on R&R in the Gulf back in '06 and I met a couple of nice young ladies from the FSU. After spending a few wonderful evenings sipping adult beverages and trading stories of life back home (amongst other things) I was approached by one of their handlers. He whisked me away to a high rise that was still under construction. At first I thought I was going to end up on Al-Jazeera but after a cigarette and a few shots of smooth potato vodka he started explaining to me that he couldn't have me talking to his girls anymore because they were "on assignment." While I wasn't really sure what he meant by that at the time I figured I'd better bark up another tree for the rest of my stay.

I went to see Dimitri, one of the other handlers at another bar and he explained to me that sometimes the girls were brought here to work and make money, other times they were brought in to finish their training. "What training?" I asked.

"Bird training."

He poured me another shot and made bird sounds, laughed, flapped his wings and then slapped me on my back and said not to worry about it.

I didn't give it too much thought until I got home and looked it up on the internet. I'd heard of sparrow school and the old KGB and what they did but I didn't really put it all together until that weekend. And I definitely didn't think they were still active and still working.

I called my buddy Konstantin who I'd met in Korea back in '99 and as my best and most trusted Russian advisor I asked what was going on with this stuff. "Is the sparrow school still active?"

He answered, "Not like it was. Yes there is still sparrow school but it's not KGB anymore." I couldn't help it. "Well, what is it? Tell me! I just met some girls and this is serious. What's going on?"

"They're sent to school after they pass their K-1 visa interview in Moscow. The girls you met were on their way to meet fat old bald guys in America. We send them to the Gulf so they can realize no matter how bad Cincinnati gets... it's still not as bad as when they used to have to sing in the Gulf."

Thank goodness I am not the only one that knows about "Sparrow School". A lot of posts went by before someone caught that. OK, that is all the war stories I am telling. The rest of you must have been sleep-walking in Russia and Ukraine. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.