elya

Anyone had this happen at Moscow embassy??

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

"Don't act surprised... but they have watermelons with no seeds. Try to just enjoy the melon and act like all melons have no seeds. They'll never suspect you're an agent because stupid Americans never knew melons used to have seeds in them."

So yesterday we opened our first American watermelon. I cut a piece for Daria and she proceeds to eat it. I'm just sitting there waiting for a comment. Nothing...

So it goes:

Me: you noticed anything different?

Daria: nope

Me: um.... there were no seeds in that watermelon

Daria: hm? okay.....

Plays right into what you wrote, Slim :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

That Sparrow School sure is good!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

So yesterday we opened our first American watermelon. I cut a piece for Daria and she proceeds to eat it. I'm just sitting there waiting for a comment. Nothing...

So it goes:

Me: you noticed anything different?

Daria: nope

Me: um.... there were no seeds in that watermelon

Daria: hm? okay.....

Plays right into what you wrote, Slim :)

Yep. Spy.

That Sparrow School sure is good!

If they had a Sparrow School in the US and women went to it, the divorce rate would plummet.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

I had same thing happen, but I just invited both my parents as guests this time. My mom has been here many times, but my step-dad had the same issue, he got a visa they showed it to him but they said they will mail passport after the administrative review was finished, and so they held it for about 6 months. But now, he gets a visa every time he wants to come visit:) I pretty sure they did it because he has military background.Unfortuantely writing to Congressman and so on does not expedite the process, they just have to do a through check, I guess.

Andrey and Natalia

April 16, 2010 Sent I-129F packet to VSC

April 30, 2010 Received NOA1 dated 4/23/2010

June 18, 2010 NOA2 dated 6/11/2010

June 19, 2010 NVC letter dated 6/16/2010

NVC number is always busy , can't figure out if or case has moved on yet.

July7th, 2010 emailed consulate interview date set

August 13th, 2010 Interview date ( Friday the 13th? You've got to be kiddin me!)

No wonder- Interview was re-scheduled due to fires in Moscow region to

September 2, 2010 now:(

Andrey and Natalia

July7th, 2010 we emailed the consulate, very confusing and no packet

July 7, 2010 they emailed us back interview date is set

August 13, 2010 interview ( Friday the 13th? you 've got to be kiddin me)

Interview was re-scheduled due to fires in Moscow to September 2, 2010 :(

11/10/10 Arrived to USA

Engaged officially with parents over Thanksgiving

12/11/10 We got married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I had same thing happen, but I just invited both my parents as guests this time. My mom has been here many times, but my step-dad had the same issue, he got a visa they showed it to him but they said they will mail passport after the administrative review was finished, and so they held it for about 6 months. But now, he gets a visa every time he wants to come visit:) I pretty sure they did it because he has military background.Unfortuantely writing to Congressman and so on does not expedite the process, they just have to do a through check, I guess.

This is the second case I read about online from Moscow where administrative review took 6-7 months and ended positively :-) We will be at 6 months on July 9, so.. again, reason to hope :-) Thanks! Was this many years ago or fairly recently?

I think we're stopping with the letters etc, obviously it's not helping... I sent one e-mail 10 days ago and they didn't respond at all, not even the pre-canned response they send everyone. I guess administrative review after you already get a visa or before you get a visa, for them it's all the same.

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is the second case I read about online from Moscow where administrative review took 6-7 months and ended positively :-) We will be at 6 months on July 9, so.. again, reason to hope :-) Thanks! Was this many years ago or fairly recently?

I think we're stopping with the letters etc, obviously it's not helping... I sent one e-mail 10 days ago and they didn't respond at all, not even the pre-canned response they send everyone. I guess administrative review after you already get a visa or before you get a visa, for them it's all the same.

When I saw you posted today, I was hoping for good news. I'm sorry that you are still waiting! Here's to perseverance and better luck!

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

This was about a year and a half ago. All was well, except that I was hoping they will come for New Years, They came during June-July when I could not take time off:(

Andrey and Natalia

NVC number is always busy , can't figure out if or case has moved on yet.

July7th, 2010 emailed consulate interview date set

August 13th, 2010 Interview date ( Friday the 13th? You've got to be kiddin me!)

No wonder- Interview was re-scheduled due to fires in Moscow region to

September 2, 2010 now:(

Andrey and Natalia

July7th, 2010 we emailed the consulate, very confusing and no packet

July 7, 2010 they emailed us back interview date is set

August 13, 2010 interview ( Friday the 13th? you 've got to be kiddin me)

Interview was re-scheduled due to fires in Moscow to September 2, 2010 :(

11/10/10 Arrived to USA

Engaged officially with parents over Thanksgiving

12/11/10 We got married

• 2 months later...
Timeline

(this is pretty much the same post I put in the AP Tracker thread but I figure maybe someone on here is interested in the update who doesn't read the other)

well it's official the embassy returned our petition to USCIS. The reason cited is 221(g) and "based on indications that petition {number} contains inaccurate information"

with (of course) no additional information. His visa was stamped "Cancelled without prejudice" (i guess that's better than the alternative)

How do we find out what they considered "inaccurate information"??? there is that issue with the address that we forgot to list on his last 5 years history (he was registered there and it was technically a permanent address but he never lived there or even actually saw the place), but how can we be sure that's it? or that's the only thing?

Can we do FOIA? does anyone know how long it takes?

Also, is it true that USCIS never reaffirms I-129Fs, they just send notice that it's expired? If we get married and do the I-130, we would be filling in basically the exact same information except that one little address thing. Would they have really done this to us because of that??? His mom explained about the address when they called her....

any advice, please help... i need to know what's the best step to take next.

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/11/04 - POE

Reapply?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Reapply?

sarcastic much? or is your advice to REAPPLY for another I-129F as opposed to doing the marriage/I-130 route. If we go for the I-129F, can we reapply before USCIS notifies us that our current (returned) I-129F is expired and they are therefore taking no further action? Or do we have to wait?

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/11/04 - POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Your situation really stinks and is one that I have not seen very often out of the Moscow embassy. You really need to learn more about exactly what it was that caused them to reject the visa. You need to e-mail the embassy and inquire. I had a similar problem getting a visa for my step-daughter. First time they refused her (for a J-1) and I e-mailed the embassy. They sent back a canned response. I sent another e-mail requesting more specific information. They did not respond to my second e-mail. I sent a third, rather strongly worded e-mail and complained that they did not respond to my second e-mail and asked them why the were ignoring me. It helped as I did get a personal e-mail not only explaining why but telling me what my step-daughter needed to do and present at her next visa interview to get approved.

At her next interview for a tourist visa she was approved with ease.

E-mail the embassy, ask specific questions, and keep e-mailing until you get your answers.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline

(this is pretty much the same post I put in the AP Tracker thread but I figure maybe someone on here is interested in the update who doesn't read the other)

well it's official the embassy returned our petition to USCIS. The reason cited is 221(g) and "based on indications that petition {number} contains inaccurate information"

with (of course) no additional information. His visa was stamped "Cancelled without prejudice" (i guess that's better than the alternative)

How do we find out what they considered "inaccurate information"??? there is that issue with the address that we forgot to list on his last 5 years history (he was registered there and it was technically a permanent address but he never lived there or even actually saw the place), but how can we be sure that's it? or that's the only thing?

Can we do FOIA? does anyone know how long it takes?

Also, is it true that USCIS never reaffirms I-129Fs, they just send notice that it's expired? If we get married and do the I-130, we would be filling in basically the exact same information except that one little address thing. Would they have really done this to us because of that??? His mom explained about the address when they called her....

USCIS often re-affirms I-129fs. It can take months. Best route? Send a letter to withdraw that petition and file a new one. It will be better, faster, cheaper.

Make SURE all information is accurate. You know there was some inaccurate information, make sure that doesn't happen again. If ALL the information is accurate it would be difficult for them to find out it isn't.

The problem with these things (asked in another post in the Ukraine portal) is that his address itself is not a material thing, but giving inaccurate information about addresses IS a material thing. List ALL addresses he lived at and the period of time he lived there. You CAN have two addresses simultaeneously. If he was registered at one address for 2004-2006 (for example) but also lived at another address during the same time, list both and the dates. The US consulate does not care that he was living at an address other than his registered one, they DO care that he had a registered address and never listed it.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

sarcastic much? or is your advice to REAPPLY for another I-129F as opposed to doing the marriage/I-130 route. If we go for the I-129F, can we reapply before USCIS notifies us that our current (returned) I-129F is expired and they are therefore taking no further action? Or do we have to wait?

I took his answer as succinct, not sarcastic.

I would NOT recommend the "get married and go for the I-130" at this point. Why? Because you do not know what the reason was you were denied. "Inaccurate information" could mean that you forgot to mention he is on the terrorist "no-fly list". I know, ridiculous....BUT you would be married even if he got denied a visa. You do not need a visa to be legally married. Do you want to be married to someone that can't get a visa...or engaged?

If you want to wait until you get an answer, and maybe you can with emails, then that's fine also. If you want to expedite the situation, file another I-129f. It only costs $455 to try and you really aren't out for anything else.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

USCIS often re-affirms I-129fs. It can take months. Best route? Send a letter to withdraw that petition and file a new one. It will be better, faster, cheaper.

Make SURE all information is accurate. You know there was some inaccurate information, make sure that doesn't happen again. If ALL the information is accurate it would be difficult for them to find out it isn't.

The problem with these things (asked in another post in the Ukraine portal) is that his address itself is not a material thing, but giving inaccurate information about addresses IS a material thing. List ALL addresses he lived at and the period of time he lived there. You CAN have two addresses simultaeneously. If he was registered at one address for 2004-2006 (for example) but also lived at another address during the same time, list both and the dates. The US consulate does not care that he was living at an address other than his registered one, they DO care that he had a registered address and never listed it.

I would think that the OP should know exactly what is the problem with the addresses that were listed. The entire petition and visa process is very clear cut and only asks for simple information. Look back on your copy of what was sent, what addresses were listed on the G-325A and all other documents submitted. Did you list them all? Obviously unless the Embassy has made a huge mistake, the mistake is yours. Until you get to the bottom of the correct information, any subsequent visa attempts will most likely also be denied; he's been tagged in the system. Becoming married is nice but doesn't do one iota towards visa resolution. Maybe there is something he's not telling you; maybe it may seem trivial but obviously not to the Embassy. Something big obviously made them demand the visa to be returned and now denied. I would think you should be able to determine exactly what is missing or incorrect.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I took his answer as succinct, not sarcastic.

It was an emotional day... (sorry slim). but whatever the intent, for an answer to be useful, one word hardly suffices in the world of immigration.

Do you want to be married to someone that can't get a visa...or engaged?

If it comes down to it, I'll move to Russia. Much prefer to live here, but I'm not trying to import a husband. I'm trying to be with the man I love.

If you want to expedite the situation, file another I-129f. It only costs $455 to try and you really aren't out for anything else.

that's a really good point....

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/11/04 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.