JohnSmith2007

Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

177 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i'm glad you finally admit that in bold and will now cease with trying to hijack it.

and thanks for dismissing my thoughts about those wranglings so easily. :rolleyes:

Thanks for continuing to miss my point. I don't care really but it makes you look rather foolish.

Is it your intent to appear foolish?

Smoke conceded that the constitutional amendments are constantly being tested out of perceived ambiguity in the wording, why won't you? I don't see why you are taking umbrage at it, It's simply a fact.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i don't bring gun control into threads - unless it's a thread advocating a good two handed grip :hehe:

I didn't bring gun control into it either. All I said was that the second amendment is ambiguous. If it weren't, we wouldn't have umpteen cases being adjudicated by the courts.

It is a fact.

Why are you in denial of the facts?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for continuing to miss my point. I don't care really but it makes you look rather foolish.

Is it your intent to appear foolish?

Smoke conceded that the constitutional amendments are constantly being tested out of perceived ambiguity in the wording, why won't you? I don't see why you are taking umbrage at it, It's simply a fact.

and thanks for missing my point. to me, the 2nd amendment isn't ambiguous at all. that's a fact.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

No Charles, that is your "opinion", it is not fact.

i didn't say my opinion was a fact, just that it was a fact that i believe the 2nd amendment isn't ambiguous. ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Ok, is this the "how inane can you possibly be" game?

If so, you are clearly winning.

why thank you for the compliment! :)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I presented to you scenarios of how someone who is here legally may carry with them an expired GC, even though they are on extension while they wait for the lifting of conditions. Most here have read or know of someone here who came over on a K-1 visa, but waited beyond the 90 day limit to adjust status. So your reckless assumption has no merit in real world scenarios like the ones I gave you.

How does not following the rules laid out equate to calling me reckless? If someone on a K1 Visa can't count to 90, then maybe they need to stay in school a bit longer. Regardless of the excuse, if you don't follow the rules, then don't complain when it comes back to bit you on the a$$.

But then again, this whole AZ situation is because illegal immigrants don't follow rules, so it's no surprise that you'd single out a circumstance like this.

When will you understand that your POV represents around 30% of the American people and that almost 70% support Arizona's stand? And as AZ is only looking to allow state and local law enforcement to enforce Federal legislation, the solution should be pretty obvious. The Federal authorities need to resource their enforcement and do the their job. And saying the funding isn't there doesn't wash. The money is there. It's the political inclination and/or will that's lacking.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

you really are delusional....

Delusional is just the tip of the iceburg!wacko.gif

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

How does not following the rules laid out equate to calling me reckless? If someone on a K1 Visa can't count to 90, then maybe they need to stay in school a bit longer. Regardless of the excuse, if you don't follow the rules, then don't complain when it comes back to bit you on the a$$.

But then again, this whole AZ situation is because illegal immigrants don't follow rules, so it's no surprise that you'd single out a circumstance like this.

When will you understand that your POV represents around 30% of the American people and that almost 70% support Arizona's stand? And as AZ is only looking to allow state and local law enforcement to enforce Federal legislation, the solution should be pretty obvious. The Federal authorities need to resource their enforcement and do the their job. And saying the funding isn't there doesn't wash. The money is there. It's the political inclination and/or will that's lacking.

If the polls revealed ethnicity, I'm sure it would be an eye opener.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

And now who is guilty of attempted racial profiling? :devil:

Um okay. I'm not law enforcement so that really doesn't apply.

Racial profiling refers to the "use by law enforcement personnel of an individual’s race or ethnicity as a factor in articulating reasonable suspicion to stop, question or arrest an individual, unless race or ethnicity is part of an identifying description of a specific suspect for a specific crime."

Anyway, what I am saying is that minorities have more to fear then lets say a WASP and may be more likely to oppose it.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

If the polls revealed ethnicity, I'm sure it would be an eye opener.

I don't have any comment about ethnicity, but the overall polls are in favor of AZ in all fronts. Here are the results of the MSN poll as to whether AZ should pull the electrical plug on the illegal alien haven of L.A. When I put my 2 cents into the poll 60,624 (86%) were in favor of AZ retaliating against LA. A measly 8,937 (13%) were against. And MSN is usually to the Left of Center.:

http://world-news.polls.newsvine.com/_question/2010/05/19/4309119-should-arizona-have-the-right-to-pull-the-plug-on-la-if-the-city-goes-through-its-boycott?GT1=43001

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

How does not following the rules laid out equate to calling me reckless? If someone on a K1 Visa can't count to 90, then maybe they need to stay in school a bit longer. Regardless of the excuse, if you don't follow the rules, then don't complain when it comes back to bit you on the a$.

Our constitutional rights and protections aren't measured by mob rule. Thankfully, the Founders of this country understood the importance of protecting the rights of the minority.

As for someone who is out of status with a K-1, perhaps you should spend a little time in the upper forums to learn first just how common this happens, and secondly, you'd understand that is not grounds for deportation, let alone detainment.

Considering you yourself are an immigrant, I find it odd that you don't seem to understand the legal nuances of our immigration system, not to mention a lack of empathy for others going through the process.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Our constitutional rights and protections aren't measured by mob rule. Thankfully, the Founders of this country understood the importance of protecting the rights of the minority.

As for someone who is out of status with a K-1, perhaps you should spend a little time in the upper forums to learn first just how common this happens, and secondly, you'd understand that is not grounds for deportation, let alone detainment.

Considering you yourself are an immigrant, I find it odd that you don't seem to understand the legal nuances of our immigration system, not to mention a lack of empathy for others going through the process.

The problem is that illegal aliens are not going through the process. They do not have a constitutional right to illegally immigrate. You use lies and scare tactics to cheerlead for illegal aliens by insinuating that legal immigrants and US citizens should be fearful.

You are against any kind of immigration or workplace enforcement whether it comes from the state or federal level. All of your posting history reflects this. Who are you trying to kid? The writing is on the wall for all to see.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995