JohnSmith2007

Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

177 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

El Buscador,

Darn, I thought you were going to do the work yourself and demonstrate how the specifics of the AZ law violate the US Constitution. Instead, you posted a legal opinion.

Have you ever been pulled over as a passenger in a car? Where I live, the police ask me for my ID as well as the driver's ID. For people who are here legally, this isn't a problem. I think that's where the "reasonable suspicion" comes into play, don't you? No ID, no English [at least in many cases, but not all], inability to produce ID and then a check with Customs and Border Patrol shows that the subject did not enter with an inspection. I think that's reasonable, don't you? Would you have a problem if the same scenerio happened, but it was ICE or CBE that pulled the same vehicle over and did the same checks?

The AZ law was amended to allow the legal immigration check only when one is lawfully stopped, not just when they're out for their ice cream, as Barry Obama would have you believe.

If you are going to claim that this law is unconstitutional, you will have to unequivically back that claim up.

:bonk: Don't ask him to have a legitimate beef with a piece of legislation. That's a near impossibility and might cause his thought process to self-destruct.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm just glad that enough level-headed Americans can see the kinds of constitutional problems with Arizona's new law and are willing to stand up in protest. I believe justice and our beloved Constitution will prevail. God bless America and everything it stands for.

steven, if you think the la city council qualifies as level headed americans, then that could be indicative of a larger problem.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

steven, if you think the la city council qualifies as level headed americans, then that could be indicative of a larger problem.

Because charles says so, and we all know he's qualified to make such a judgement. :rolleyes:

Filed: Timeline

I'm just glad that enough level-headed Americans can see the kinds of constitutional problems with Arizona's new law and are willing to stand up in protest. I believe justice and our beloved Constitution will prevail. God bless America and everything it stands for.

:lol: when are you going to stand up & boycott that avatar?

i believe someone asked you to list the constitutional problems...please spare us the 14th amendment stuff too. trying to use an amendment that ensured former slaves rights on illegal immigrants is ridiculous & shows you have no arguement.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Because charles says so, and we all know he's qualified to make such a judgement. :rolleyes:

need i remind you of a few comments you've made about the la mayor, which i drew upon to make that post of mine? :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

El Buscador,

Darn, I thought you were going to do the work yourself and demonstrate how the specifics of the AZ law violate the US Constitution. Instead, you posted a legal opinion.

Have you ever been pulled over as a passenger in a car? Where I live, the police ask me for my ID as well as the driver's ID. For people who are here legally, this isn't a problem. I think that's where the "reasonable suspicion" comes into play, don't you? No ID, no English [at least in many cases, but not all], inability to produce ID and then a check with Customs and Border Patrol shows that the subject did not enter with an inspection. I think that's reasonable, don't you? Would you have a problem if the same scenerio happened, but it was ICE or CBE that pulled the same vehicle over and did the same checks?

The AZ law was amended to allow the legal immigration check only when one is lawfully stopped, not just when they're out for their ice cream, as Barry Obama would have you believe.

If you are going to claim that this law is unconstitutional, you will have to unequivically back that claim up.

The language you speak does not equal reasonable suspicion and is a sign of profiling. No offense, but I'll take a legal opinion from someone who actually studies the law over someone who thinks that every language but English automatically denotes an illegal.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

need i remind you of a few comments you've made about the la mayor, which i drew upon to make that post of mine? :whistle:

I fvcking hate Villaraigosa. I'm not going to back down from that. But I'm not going to say he's crazy or unstable.

The language you speak does not equal reasonable suspicion and is a sign of profiling. No offense, but I'll take a legal opinion from someone who actually studies the law over someone who thinks that every language but English automatically is an illegal.

you mean like the people that wrote the law? or the one that haven't read the law, yet denounce it?

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

:lol: when are you going to stand up & boycott that avatar?

i believe someone asked you to list the constitutional problems...please spare us the 14th amendment stuff too. trying to use an amendment that ensured former slaves rights on illegal immigrants is ridiculous & shows you have no arguement.

Yes of course, the 14th amendment isn't a valid part of the constitution.....

you mean like the people that wrote the law? or the one that haven't read the law, yet denounce it?

The "law" as in the profession.

Yes of course, the 14th amendment isn't a valid part of the constitution.....

its very valid. it ensured that slaves forcefully brought to the US had the same rights as everyone else. it in no way grants the same rights to people that broke this nations laws by sneaking into this country.

7yqZWFL.jpg

The language you speak does not equal reasonable suspicion and is a sign of profiling. No offense, but I'll take a legal opinion from someone who actually studies the law over someone who thinks that every language but English automatically denotes an illegal.

Does it have to get to the point where we ask everybody for there legal documentation. I wish we could just use some common sense and let these cops do there job.

Complaints about language profiling is a new one to me. Acting nervously and unable to produce ID could also lead to reasonable suspicion.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

its very valid. it ensured that slaves forcefully brought to the US had the same rights as everyone else. it in no way grants the same rights to people that broke this nations laws by sneaking into this country.

Why?