The_Dude

Burka rage as female lawyer rips veil off Muslim woman in French clothes shop

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Burka rage as female lawyer rips veil off Muslim woman in French clothes shop

A female lawyer allegedly ripped another woman's burka off in a clothes shop - and told her to 'clear off to your own country'.

The 26-year-old Muslim convert said the 60-year-old lawyer made 'snide remarks' about her Islamic veil.

An argument followed during which the older woman is said to have ripped the veil off, before the Muslim woman allegedly punched her.

Both women were arrested.

The row happened in Trignac, near Nantes, France, as the country prepares to introduce a ban on the burka.

A police officer said: ‘The lawyer said she was not happy seeing a fellow shopper wearing a veil and wanted the ban introduced as soon as possible.’

At one point the lawyer, who was out with her daughter, is said to have likened the Muslim woman to Belphegor - a horror demon character well known to French television viewers.

The lawyer’s use of the name ‘Belphegor’ was particularly inflammatory, said police, because the demon was portrayed by classical writers as ‘Hell’s ambassador to France’.

Belphegor, who hates human beings, is usually portrayed as a monstrous demon with horns and pointed nails, but frequently disguises himself.

During a period in Paris, Belphegor was said to live with a group of vampires in the Louvre.

Police said the incident was still being investigated, and that charges could follow.

A spokesman for Trignac police said that ‘two complaints had been received’, with the Muslim woman accusing the lawyer of racial and religious assault. The latter, in turn, had accused her opponent of common assault.

The French parliament has adopted a formal motion declaring burkas and other forms of Islamic dress to be ‘an affront to the nation’s values'

Some have accused criminals of wearing veils to disguise themselves. This includes everything from terrorists to minor shop lifters.

A ban, which could be introduced as early as autumn, would make France the second country after Belgium to outlaw the Islamic veil in public places.

But many have criticised the anti-burka lobby, which includes President Nicolas Sarkozy, for stigmatising Muslim housewives.

Many French women from council estates are forced to wear the veils because of pressure from authoritarian husbands.

The promise of a ban has prompted warnings of racial tensions in a country which is home to some five million Muslims - one of the religion's largest communities in Europe.

Mr Sarkozy's cabinet is to examine a draft bill which will impose one-year prison sentences and fines of up to £14,000 on men who force their wives to wear a burqa.

Women themselves will face a smaller fine of just over £100 because they are ‘often victims with no choice in the matter,’ says the draft.

The law would create a new offence of 'incitement to cover the face for reasons of gender’.

And it would state: ‘No-one may wear in public places clothes that are aimed at hiding the face.’

Women would not be ‘unveiled’ in the street but instead taken to a police station to be formally identified, the draft law states.

Source

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

DaYUM....

Are french peeps finally growing Balls?

Figures it would be a woman.

---------------------

The above is offered up in humor only, I certainly would never advocate removing someones religious coverings.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Mr Sarkozy's cabinet is to examine a draft bill which will impose one-year prison sentences and fines of up to £14,000 on men who force their wives to wear a burqa. EXCELLENT !! I'm thinking is extra verbiage for single-daughters and the men's mothers (who live in the same home) as well.

FINE THE MEN !!!

PS to the MEN - hey ! You can always choose to follow a different imam, who HASN'T issued the fatwah on 'being modest', ya know.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Mr Sarkozy's cabinet is to examine a draft bill which will impose one-year prison sentences and fines of up to £14,000 on men who force their wives to wear a burqa. EXCELLENT !! I'm thinking is extra verbiage for single-daughters and the men's mothers (who live in the same home) as well.

FINE THE MEN !!!

PS to the MEN - hey ! You can always choose to follow a different imam, who HASN'T issued the fatwah on 'being modest', ya know.

An Imam who isn't big on modesty? :lol:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

DaYUM....

---------------------

The above is offered up in humor only, I certainly would never advocate removing someones religious coverings.

Well, some of the women are.....Someone there had to....

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

An Imam who isn't big on modesty? :lol:

Yah, they exist.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thats like finding a teabagger who doesn't masterbate to rush limbaugh's radio show. :rofl:

Speaking of Rush;

He is on now.

http://www.wbt.com/listen/

Masturbating is optional.

:lol:

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Speaking of Rush;

He is on now.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

DaYUM....

---------------------

I think they just might be. This and all the French talk about dropping out of the EU has me thinking there might be hope for them after all.

Timeline

Speaking of Rush;

He is on now.

:rofl:

I can't listen to rush, or glenn beck, or even sean hannity. They are sycophants. I do however listen to Mark Levin, despite his annoyingly nasaly voice. He, unlike rush, beck and hannity is not a pvssy who turns people's mics off or will only talk to those who agree with him.

:rofl:

I can't listen to rush, or glenn beck, or even sean hannity. They are sycophants. I do however listen to Mark Levin, despite his annoyingly nasaly voice. He, unlike rush, beck and hannity is not a pvssy who turns people's mics off or will only talk to those who agree with him.

That there tells me you have never listened to them and are making assumptions based on what you heard from other people who dont listen to them. I find that they look for people who disagree with them and put them on the air. I will give you this though Rush doesnt take many calls.

Edited by _Simpson_

Timeline

That there tells me you have never listened to them and are making assumptions based on what you heard from other people who dont listen to them. I find that they look for people who disagree with them and put them on the air. I will give you this though Rush doesnt take many calls.

I have listened to them. O'Reilly and Hannity are the worst, they will shout people down, or turn their mic off at the first sign that they are either losing an argument, or someone contrary to their point is making one. Not always, but it happens enough that you could call it the norm. Yeah, rush doesn't take a lot of calls, but when he does, 99% of the time, they are people who agree 100% with what he is saying. Now, I probably have only listened to 15 hours or less of their shows, but that is the impressiong that I have gotten from their shows.