Danno

Obama's aunt gets a free pass and gets granted asylum

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I'm sure a lot of so-called "immigration activists" will crow that this is some sort of victory. All I can say is that the next time one of you wants to invite a foreign friend or relative to visit you in the USA, this is the prime example why they must jump through hoops to get a visa and/or many regularly get denied.

It is this type of rampant cheating and less than truthful intent that sets the tone. No wonder around 40%+- of illegal aliens arrived on a valid visa. If you buy the low ball estimates of 12 million illegal aliens in the USA...that means about 4.8 million of illegal aliens lie and cheat their way in like Obama's auntie. She was an illegal alien way before Obama even came on the scene. Not to mention that Obama has other relatives in Kenya that live their lives day in and day out in Kenya. So what makes this woman a refugee? One judge's opinion? Utterly absurd and ridiculous.

Needless to say...I disagree. La-Dee-Da!

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is why, when folks seek legitimate advice in the upper boards here on VJ, Rule # 1: NEVER, EVER LEAVE THE USA WHILE OUT OF STATUS.

No this is not a unique story, and it is pathetic to see those who should know better chime in because of apparent political bias. This thread is not one of VJ's finest, even for off topic.:bonk:

Awwe why don't you stick it,

Everyone knows your political bias is a huge as anyones here... certainly as big as mine.

And to correct you again: The Number 1 rule is to "not get out of status."

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Regarding the last quote, especially, I would agree that she has a legitimate claim. Should she be deported back to Kenya, there's always the chance that she may be kidnapped and held for ransom. Think about it.

Not likely and ridiculous that the USG would even entertain such a scenario. If the President would not intervene in her immigration process, why would he intervene on the follow up scenario? Distant relative, who is not a factor at all, becomes even more irrelevant.....End of story.

At the end of the day, that judge thought to "please" the president with a favorable judgement, despite the repeated denials. Dirty politics prevail as usual.

Timeline

Not likely and ridiculous that the USG would even entertain such a scenario. If the President would not intervene in her immigration process, why would he intervene on the follow up scenario? Distant relative, who is not a factor at all, becomes even more irrelevant.....End of story.

At the end of the day, that judge thought to "please" the president with a favorable judgement, despite the repeated denials. Dirty politics prevail as usual.

And if his aunt is in need of asylum, certainly his half bro is Kenya is too.

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yeah Danno, I was surprised at this development, weren't you? I was sure they were going to kick her @ss out of here, I am really shocked that a relative of the President seems to get special treatment.

He is such a generous guy though and I am sure he will give his aunt the shirt off YOUR back! But maybe not, because now she will have a green card and she can go and get A JOB and earn her own living, I am sure she is just here to work and do work that Americans won't do.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yeah Danno, I was surprised at this development, weren't you? I was sure they were going to kick her @ss out of here, I am really shocked that a relative of the President seems to get special treatment.

He is such a generous guy though and I am sure he will give his aunt the shirt off YOUR back! But maybe not, because now she will have a green card and she can go and get A JOB and earn her own living, I am sure she is just here to work and do work that Americans won't do.

Okay, enough of that crazy talk :P ... that woman just had like hip replacement surgery, I doubt she is in a hurry to get a job....... in fact, why should she?

William Penn

Awwe why don't you stick it,

Everyone knows your political bias is a huge as anyones here... certainly as big as mine.

And to correct you again: The Number 1 rule is to "not get out of status."

Correct: Do not get out of status is rule # 1

If you do get out of status refer to rule # 2, DO NOT LEAVE THE USA VOLUNTARILY

You are actually not correcting me, you are misreading what I said, which is typical for the Danno-master and his blended mind...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

I don't see how you reach that conclusion. People do occasionally succeed in fighting deportation and without info, and only innuendo it seems strange to assume 'dirty politics' had anything to do with it.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

There is a complete thread devoted to those who have significant trouble with the immigration process:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

I repeat, this thread is completely irresponsible and counter to the goals and ideals of VJ, all for political points and innuendo... Very strange and sad to see.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Regarding the last quote, especially, I would agree that she has a legitimate claim. Should she be deported back to Kenya, there's always the chance that she may be kidnapped and held for ransom. Think about it.

Think about it-

Surely you jest. How come no one in these country is kidnapping her for one thing? She doesn't have Secret Service protection living in the projects.

Are you aware that Obama's half-brother is still living in a shack in Kenya? Nope, no security at the shack either.

Some people have good reason to fear for their lives based on their political beliefs upon returning to their home nations but there's no basis in reality that Obama's extended family is in danger.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

I don't see how you reach that conclusion. People do occasionally succeed in fighting deportation and without info, and only innuendo it seems strange to assume 'dirty politics' had anything to do with it.

Think about it, an individual not on the radar with respect to her multiple unsuccessful attempts for "asylum", who was rejected at every turn is suddenly approved? Meanwhile, A distant high profile family member is elected US President? Amazingly, her case was approved, despite the years of illegal presence? Go figure that one and advise....

Edited by William33

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Ms. Onyango, who is in her late 50s, applied for asylum in 2002 and was rejected in 2004 and ordered to leave the country. She continued to fight the case and in April 2009, Judge Leonard Shapiro in Boston stayed her case until February, when hearings were held in the case.

You do realize that when asylum is denied people are granted voluntary departure, right? If appealed and then denied, the BIA denial is a final order of removal. Even then, you have approx 90 days to appeal to the federal circuit courts. I'm more concerned about how she got around the one year filing deadline after her 2000 entry. The clock stops tolling for unlawful presence while in asylum proceedings anyway.

It's good to note that most people wait up to 5 years to even get their green card after asylum approval. They live in asylee status while they wait their turn for a green card to become available because there is a numerical limit on how many green cards can be issued to asylees each year. Even obtaining the green card requires the approval of a 602 waiver if there are inadmissibility issues present. They then wait their turn for citizenship as well.

If this wasn't Obama's aunt would we even be talking about it? Someone else asked about her chances had she not been Obama's aunt. Well, I'll just say that less than 25% of all asylum claims are approved.

I wanted to say that overstaying a visa has no bearing on whether or not asylum should be approved. It takes time to obtain legal counsel and all the preparations needed to file. Almost every asylum seeker has a visa overstay or fraudulent entry, and this is where the 602 waiver comes into play later.

I know I'm opening myself up to a firestorm, but I spent 8 years of my life dealing with my husband's asylum application and all of the consequences that came along with it. He came here fraudulently in 1999 after being tortured in his home country. His asylum proceedings went from the first application in 2000 until the 8th circuit appeal in 2008. In that time he worked legally with authorization, paid taxes, never took money/help from the government, had a clean criminal record...not even a traffic violation. In the end, he was taken into custody after being served a notice to appear during his federal appeals. One week later he was detained and 4 months later he was deported. I fought to have him released on house arrest and to allow me to pay for his ticket out of the country. It was futile because in the end our tax money was wasted on sending him back only to return legally Immigrant visa in hand 2 years later. It pains me to see that some people with legitimate claims get turned away while others have it relatively easy with BS claims. I'm reminded of a German family who was granted asylum earlier this year because they wanted to homeschool their children. That's a bigger travesty to me than Obama's aunt winning her asylum, but that's just me.

Edited by momof1

event.png

There is a complete thread devoted to those who have significant trouble with the immigration process:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

I repeat, this thread is completely irresponsible and counter to the goals and ideals of VJ, all for political points and innuendo... Very strange and sad to see.

Irresponsible and counter to the goals of Vj that xenophobic posting occurs on Vj also, but it happens every day.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Irresponsible and counter to the goals of Vj that xenophobic posting occurs on Vj also, but it happens every day.

Not everyone buys into the notion of open borders for the USA. This is not xenophobia. It is common sense and responsibility. The world is not some little hippie commune where people can come and go as they please and do as they please while communally sharing everything they own.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995