RUSSandRACHEL

What do I do with my X Ray (from my medical)?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Do I hand it in at POE with my file or keep it for AOS?

Many thanks!

neither... it is your permanent record for your files

YMMV

Do I hand it in at POE with my file or keep it for AOS?

Many thanks!

If i were you i would keep it safe just in case, (like myself) you are a K1'er and planning on adjusting your status once in the US.

I had a medical for my K1 but was RFE'd (Request For Evidence) for my medical (long story) but becuase i had my x-ray as well as a copy of my DS3025 and current list of injection history i had very little to pay for.

Good Luck. :thumbs:

K1 Journey...

Visa sent: 26 March 2009

Received Visa NOA1: 06 April 2009

Received Visa NOA2: 13 August 2009

Receive Hard Copy NOA2: 18 August 2009

Arrived at NVC: 19 August 2009

NVC to Consulate: 24 August 2009

Consulate Received: 28 August 2009

Receive Packet 3: 14 September 2009

Return Packet 3 to Embassy: 15 September 2009

Receive Packet 4: 2 October 2009

Medical: 18 September 2009

Interview: 27 October 2009

Flight: December 7th 2009

Wedding Date: 13th February 2010

AOS Journey...

AOS, EAD and AP Sent: 03 March 2010

Received NOA's for I485, I131 and I765: 13 March 2010

Received Biometrics Letter: 17 March 2010 (Taken 07 April)

Received RFE: 24 March 2010 (Medical I693-DS3025)

Responded to RFE: 1 April 2010

I485 Transfered to CSC: 12 April 2010

AP Approved: 2nd May 2010

EAD Approved: 3rd May 2010

ROC Journey...

ROC Packet Sent: 20 February 2012

Received NOA: 29 February 2012 (Dated 24th)

Received Biometrics Letter: March 5th 2012

Biometrics Appointment: March 23rd 2012

AP Approved: 26th Oct 2012

Received 10 Year GC:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

CBP won't want them. They have the results of the medical in the sealed envelope.

We had the full size films from the medical in Vietnam. We brought them back with us, but considered tossing them as we hadn't heard of anyone ever needing them again. Turns out we almost DID need them...

The CDC has always required immigrants to be screened for tuberculosis. However, starting last March they have begun to require everyone to have a tuberculin skin test. My wife and her kids had chest x-rays to screen for tuberculosis in Vietnam, but never had the skin test (most people in Southeast Asia have been exposed to the tuberculosis virus, and many will give a positive skin test). The civil surgeon had recently had several I-693's returned by USCIS for lack of a TST, so he recommended we get it done.

My step-son and step-daughter both had reactions to the test. My step-son's reaction was 4mm - 1mm short of being a positive. According to the civil surgeon, if any of them had tested positive then we could have had their films reconfirmed by a radiologist, and avoided having to get new chest x-rays. Because of the reaction, the civil surgeon wanted to see my step-son's films before signing his I-693.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Thank you so much for your helpful replies. I've never heard anything about what they were for, hence the question. I will keep it safe then. Mav_1975, do you mind me asking why you had an RFE, even though you had the medical? Did you have outstanding vaccination and visit a civil surgeon for the I-693?

Also I don't have a record of the DS-3025 inside my packet, but I do have the worksheet they gave me at the medical. Is it worth trying to open the package to take a copy or not?

Edited by RUSSandRACHEL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Whatever you do, DON'T open your package! It will void it completely, and you'll need to send it back to the Embassy to get it re-sealed.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-31

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-28

IV-15 Received by Consulate : 2009-10-27

Interview : 2009-12-01 - APPROVED!

POE : 2010-03-18

Marriage : 2010-03-29

AOS, EAD, AP sent : 2010-05-27

AP received : 2010-07-29

EAD received : 2010-08-05

Green Card received : 2010-09-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Also I don't have a record of the DS-3025 inside my packet, but I do have the worksheet they gave me at the medical. Is it worth trying to open the package to take a copy or not?

Contact your doctor where you had your medical to obtain a copy. At the very bottom of the DS-3025 it says "give copy to applicant" so there's your proof you should have it :)

As stated DO NOT open the package. It will create more drama than it's worth.. (in some cases, but not all, some people have had to wait MONTHS for their stuff to be re-checked to make sure you didn't change/take anything etc.. some just a day or so.. I'd rather not risk being in the "months long" category :P)

Here's an example of some of the medical forms (including DS-3025) - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/206016-australian-beneficiaries-packet-3-to-interview-date/page__view__findpost__p__3912042

As for the X-ray. I still have mine sitting here with me in the US. It was helpful to point out to my CS that I didn't need a TB skin test :)

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.