nextsean

Extraordinary Longer for my 129F?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello,

I've submitted my 129F K1 back in December of 2009. I received I-797C shortly after that, but I have not received my NOA1 yet? It has been more than 4 months, which is considerably longer than ~70 days showing for CSC. I have been waiting patiently hoping no news is good news. Is anyone else waiting longer than usual like I am?

I checked the online status and it still says "initial review" and I am guessing making the online state update isn't their first priority.

Is anyone experiencing similar wait time? I plan to call their 1-800 to find out what's going on...

Any insight would be helpful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I've submitted my 129F K1 back in December of 2009. I received I-797C shortly after that, but I have not received my NOA1 yet? It has been more than 4 months, which is considerably longer than ~70 days showing for CSC. I have been waiting patiently hoping no news is good news. Is anyone else waiting longer than usual like I am?

I checked the online status and it still says "initial review" and I am guessing making the online state update isn't their first priority.

Is anyone experiencing similar wait time? I plan to call their 1-800 to find out what's going on...

Hello,

I am definately feeling your pain too. I also sent in my 129F back on Nov 30 and it was received in on the first week of Dec 2009. Since I got my NOA1 way back then I have not heard anything and the status is "initial review" as well. I am not sure why I haven't received my NOA2 yet either. I can only hope that any day now that it comes in the mail. I sent mine into the VSC and many other people from the same week are getting their interviews already. :( Good luck, I will wait a little longer and then put a call in to see what's up.

Chris

Our Journey

8/15/2008............First Emails to each other

4/09/2009............1st Time we met in Hong Kong (10 Days)

7/04/2009............2nd Time we met in Hong Kong (10 Days)

9/30/2009............3rd Time we met and traveled on vacation to Philippines (10 Days)

10/8/2009.............Engaged on Puka Shell Beach Boracay, Philippines

11/28/2009.........Sent I-129F

11/30/2009...........I-129F received at VSC

12/3/2009............Money Order Cashed

12/31/2009...........Called USCIS and changed address

12/31/2009...........NOA1 Information received (received late b/c I moved)

1/29/2010.............4th Trip to China (10 Days) Going to HK, GZ and Macau

5/3/2010..............5th Trip to China

5/18/2010.............Our first touch!!!

5/19/2010.............NOA2 received - I-129F APPROVED notification received via email!

5/27/2010.............NVC Received approved I-129F from VSC

5/28/2010.............I-129F Left NVC

6/3/2010...............I-129F Received at American Consulate in GUZ.

6/4/2010...............Received Packet 3

6/8/2010...............Packet 3 sent to American Consulate in GUZ.

7/15/2010.............Packet 4 received

8/2/2010...............Interview at 7:15am in GZ - WE GOT PINK....PASSED!!!!!

8/10/2010.............Picked up Visa in hand at the post office in GZ.

Timeline

Hello,

I am definately feeling your pain too. I also sent in my 129F back on Nov 30 and it was received in on the first week of Dec 2009. Since I got my NOA1 way back then I have not heard anything and the status is "initial review" as well. I am not sure why I haven't received my NOA2 yet either. I can only hope that any day now that it comes in the mail. I sent mine into the VSC and many other people from the same week are getting their interviews already. :( Good luck, I will wait a little longer and then put a call in to see what's up.

Chris

Is I-797C same as NOA1?? I must have been grossly mistaken. I did not realize I-797C is the NOA1?! It sounds your and mine are taking longer than usual for NOA1 to NOA2. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Timeline

Is I-797C same as NOA1?? I must have been grossly mistaken. I did not realize I-797C is the NOA1?! It sounds your and mine are taking longer than usual for NOA1 to NOA2. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Chris, Is your 129F petition atypical than average? I am wondering why some petitions are taking longer than other...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I-797C is the form used to provide the petitioner with info...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm confused. I got the NOA1, how does the I-797C look like? Well I got mine in March so you guys have been longer. I'm not sure what I should do at this point to ensure a speedy process.

K1 JOURNEY

03/10/2010 - Sent I-129F via Priority USPS-Arrived 03/12/10

03/16/2010 - USCIS deposited $455 check & generated case # 03/17/10

03/15/2010 -NOA1 Dated

03/19/2010 -NOA1 Received

-NOA2 Received

05/17/2010 -Packet III Received by Fiance (Beneficiary)

02/22/2011 -K1 visa approved and issued in Vancouver, BC.

07/08/2011 -POE US territory-

07/11/2011 -Got to my arms in SF

08/09/2011 -Married!!!

Timeline

I-797C if the noa1.. did you check your status online? https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

Yes, the online status says "Initial Review"

I'm confused. I got the NOA1, how does the I-797C look like? Well I got mine in March so you guys have been longer. I'm not sure what I should do at this point to ensure a speedy process.

I-797C is a one page doc with the receipt number and "Notice Type" says "Receipt Notice."

Dot, when did you submit your petition before getting your approval in March?

Edited by nextsean

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Nothing to do Dot except sit back and wait. At least you went through CSC so it could be as fast as 45 days.

You might want to start looking through Packet 3 on your US Embassy/Consulate web site to help pass the time.

Dot, when did you submit your petition before getting your approval in March?

She did not get approval in March.

She submitted her petition in March. She got receipt that her petition arrived. That is NOA1 in March.

After NOA1, receiving the petition, you wait for NOA2 which is hopefully approval.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Nothing to do Dot except sit back and wait. At least you went through CSC so it could be as fast as 45 days.

You might want to start looking through Packet 3 on your US Embassy/Consulate web site to help pass the time.

She did not get approval in March.

She submitted her petition in March. She got receipt that her petition arrived. That is NOA1 in March.

After NOA1, receiving the petition, you wait for NOA2 which is hopefully approval.

thanks for the clarification. my NOA1 was dated 12/8/09. So it's been over 120 days and well over twice the "average" processing time.

what could cause such a delay? Could there have been RFE that got lost in the mail? I don't think that's the case. Otherwise my online status would say something other than "Initial Review," no?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

each case is different and some get held upfor no real reason.. as long as it is within USCIS norms then all you can do is call and wait... as long as it says initial review the status has not changed andnothing maor has happened... thats is assuming the systemis up todate...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Expect to wait 150 to 180 days from NOA-1 notice date. Sorry. Nothing to do but to wait.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello,

The I-797 IS the NOA1. Your case is fine and in processing. Be patient.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Expect to wait 150 to 180 days from NOA-1 notice date. Sorry. Nothing to do but to wait.

called their 1-800 numberto check today.

They said they are currently processing petition submitted 21 days ahead of me. So apparently it's not behind

the average processing on this site shows 59 day instead of 150. Where did you get this number?

Chris, it sounds like yours isn't late and should be processed soon. Good luck to all of us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.