nextsean

Extraordinary Longer for my 129F?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

called their 1-800 numberto check today.

They said they are currently processing petition submitted 21 days ahead of me. So apparently it's not behind

the average processing on this site shows 59 day instead of 150. Where did you get this number?

Chris, it sounds like yours isn't late and should be processed soon. Good luck to all of us

Went through the same thing last year..... don't worry, there are just some cases which take longer than others.... keep the faith, and everything will turn out fine!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Seoul

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-06

I-129F RFE(s) : 2009-07-02

RFE Reply(s) : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-15

NVC Received : 2009-10-24

Interview: 2009-12-17

Approval: 2009-12-30

POE (S.F.): 2010-01-06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hm, Thanks for all the replies for my concerns. Yeah, I got my NOA1 in mid March it has only been 1 month but it seems like a year already :) I'm just not sure what 797C is since i didn't get that.

So from NOA1 ---> NOA2 it should be 4-6 months? in this period of time, I just wait? SO there is a chance that I could still be rejected?!!! I thought I was okay already. :( When does the RFE usually appear if it does? Within this 4-6 months period? Will my fiance be getting the NOA2 notice or me? is it usually through mail?

By the way, I will need a co-signer for my fiance to come over. Should I be looking for something for that stuff right now? I'm not sure. after reading many times, the process. When I get NOA2, do I go with Fiance to the Canadian US embassy to take some test or something? - I don't think my fiance knows what's going on either LOL

K1 JOURNEY

03/10/2010 - Sent I-129F via Priority USPS-Arrived 03/12/10

03/16/2010 - USCIS deposited $455 check & generated case # 03/17/10

03/15/2010 -NOA1 Dated

03/19/2010 -NOA1 Received

-NOA2 Received

05/17/2010 -Packet III Received by Fiance (Beneficiary)

02/22/2011 -K1 visa approved and issued in Vancouver, BC.

07/08/2011 -POE US territory-

07/11/2011 -Got to my arms in SF

08/09/2011 -Married!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hm, Thanks for all the replies for my concerns. Yeah, I got my NOA1 in mid March it has only been 1 month but it seems like a year already :) I'm just not sure what 797C is since i didn't get that.

So from NOA1 ---> NOA2 it should be 4-6 months? in this period of time, I just wait? SO there is a chance that I could still be rejected?!!! I thought I was okay already. :( When does the RFE usually appear if it does? Within this 4-6 months period? Will my fiance be getting the NOA2 notice or me? is it usually through mail?

By the way, I will need a co-signer for my fiance to come over. Should I be looking for something for that stuff right now? I'm not sure. after reading many times, the process. When I get NOA2, do I go with Fiance to the Canadian US embassy to take some test or something? - I don't think my fiance knows what's going on either LOL

NOA1 & I-797C are the same thing. If you look at your NOA1 it will say I-797C, Notice of Action in the top right corner.

Yes, from NOA1 to NOA2 can (and usually will) take several months. I know it sucks, we all know it sucks...just try to relax. If your case is fairly straightforward I wouldn't worry about it too much (easier said than done, I know!)

If you are the USC, you will get the NOA2 in the mail. You should also see an update on the online status to "post decision activity" - it will tell you that it has been approved & the notice of action has been mailed. If you get the NOA2 that it has been approved, your fiancee (if she is the Canadian citizen) will have to get a medical exam and go for an interview at one of the Canadian consulates. If she is approved there, she gets the visa. You don't have to "take a test" or do anything at all after you get NOA2 (except send your fiancee the I-134 & financial documents, and any proof of relationship you want her to show at the interview.) And yes, if you need a co-sponsor I would start looking for one now. Best to have something like that lined up in advance so you are not in panic mode once you have to start submitting information.

Read the guides & the flowcharts on this site - knowing as much as you can about the process & what happens from here will probably ease your mind a bit :)

Edited by katie & sifa

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NOA1 & I-797C are the same thing. If you look at your NOA1 it will say I-797C, Notice of Action in the top right corner.

Yes, from NOA1 to NOA2 can (and usually will) take several months. I know it sucks, we all know it sucks...just try to relax. If your case is fairly straightforward I wouldn't worry about it too much (easier said than done, I know!)

If you are the USC, you will get the NOA2 in the mail. You should also see an update on the online status to "post decision activity" - it will tell you that it has been approved & the notice of action has been mailed. If you get the NOA2 that it has been approved, your fiancee (if she is the Canadian citizen) will have to get a medical exam and go for an interview at one of the Canadian consulates. If she is approved there, she gets the visa. You don't have to "take a test" or do anything at all after you get NOA2 (except send your fiancee the I-134 & financial documents, and any proof of relationship you want her to show at the interview.) And yes, if you need a co-sponsor I would start looking for one now. Best to have something like that lined up in advance so you are not in panic mode once you have to start submitting information.

Read the guides & the flowcharts on this site - knowing as much as you can about the process & what happens from here will probably ease your mind a bit :)

OH MY GOD I JUST GOT MY NOA2 today!! I'm so excited. it seems I am approved. I read the process of flowchart a few times. I'm still not sure what my fiance is supposed to do (he's a guy by the way) :) Should I go with him to the interview? When does he have to go? ? IS he supposed to receive something from the mail too before he takes any action? Wow that was less than 2 months!!

K1 JOURNEY

03/10/2010 - Sent I-129F via Priority USPS-Arrived 03/12/10

03/16/2010 - USCIS deposited $455 check & generated case # 03/17/10

03/15/2010 -NOA1 Dated

03/19/2010 -NOA1 Received

-NOA2 Received

05/17/2010 -Packet III Received by Fiance (Beneficiary)

02/22/2011 -K1 visa approved and issued in Vancouver, BC.

07/08/2011 -POE US territory-

07/11/2011 -Got to my arms in SF

08/09/2011 -Married!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.