9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello to all i am filipina and i want to ask some questions here,my fiance will file me a k1visa this week april this month,what is the best requirements require for us,and is that true that it takes 6 months the processing,he is from Ca. usa.and im here in phillippines and beside i have 2 kids am a single mom my eldest is already 18 and my youngest is 7.do i have any problem to my 18 years old daughter to be with me there...thanks to all ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Moved from Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g) forum to K1 Fiance(e) Visa Process forum

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello to all i am filipina and i want to ask some questions here,my fiance will file me a k1visa this week april this month,what is the best requirements require for us,and is that true that it takes 6 months the processing,he is from Ca. usa.and im here in phillippines and beside i have 2 kids am a single mom my eldest is already 18 and my youngest is 7.do i have any problem to my 18 years old daughter to be with me there...thanks to all ...

1) Requirements are

a) You both are eligible to marry, divorced, annulled or single.

b) You two have met in the two years before he files the I-129F petition. You should have strong evidence of your meeting.

2) Your 18 year old daughter should be able to go as she can get the derivative K-2 visa to go with you and the other daughter. He will need to pay the Visa application fee for you and each daughter, so three applicant fees. Currently it is $131. But it is to go to US $350 anytime now, but nobody knows when or how they will do the fee increase.

3) Processing time is difficult, it varies (changes) with every person or applicant and I do not know much about the Embassy and process in the Philippines. Right now it is 2 to 5 months for I-129F. I did it in 46 days. Then the Embassy needs forms, medical, then a passing interview in person. That could be 2 to 4 months. So I would GUESS 4 to 8 or 9 months. Really, it can vary with each person.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

"He will need to pay the Visa application fee for you and each daughter, so three applicant fees"

Not correct - K-2 derivitives from a K-1 visa have no interview fee. The only additional costs for dependents of the beneficiary for a K-1 is that all need medicals, so there would be 3 medical fees. Also, any beneficiary dependent over 14 needs blood work and chest x-rays (under 14 doesn't).

OP - read the guides, they will help you out immensly (and have your fiancee read them, especially if he is getting ready to submit the I-129F). Here is the link for the guides:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

"He will need to pay the Visa application fee for you and each daughter, so three applicant fees"

Not correct - K-2 derivitives from a K-1 visa have no interview fee. The only additional costs for dependents of the beneficiary for a K-1 is that all need medicals, so there would be 3 medical fees. Also, any beneficiary dependent over 14 needs blood work and chest x-rays (under 14 doesn't).

OP - read the guides, they will help you out immensly (and have your fiancee read them, especially if he is getting ready to submit the I-129F). Here is the link for the guides:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

Alan

I don't know of any consulate that charges an "interview fee". There is a visa application fee for every applicant. K2 derivative children are also applying for a visa, and also have to pay a visa application fee. My wife also brought two of her kids, and I paid visa application fees for each of them.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

before you two file, make sure you guys have read and reserch alot about this process, dont rush nothing because it will delay you so much, take your time because it is not that easy, it is not that easy to be so far from one another much longer due to delay, do not rush nothing,all of us her on this journey can tell you that and much more, itell you this because you dont seam to know much about the process, take your time and read and read and wait and wait as we all are... for my filipina

n.e wasys shout out to my baby in tampilisian, zamboange del norte, (i cannot beleive i when there, in the middle of no where)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The overall processing time for us from filing to visa in hand took 1 year. Once you file there is a long bumpy road ahead of you, but eventually you will both get through it. You just need to have faith & it will all be worth it in the end. :) Best of luck to you both! :D

In happy moments... PRAISE God.

In difficult moments... SEEK God.

In quiet moments... WORSHIP God.

In painful moments... TRUST God.

At every moment... THANK God.

If God brings you to it, HE will bring you through it.

God does not ALWAYS remove difficulties.

He uses them for our own good and His glory.

Our Timeline:

K-1 Interview------> May 19, 2009

Visa received------> July 20, 2009

US Entry-----------> July 27, 2009

Marriage-----------> July 30, 2009

AOS Filed-----------> October 16, 2009

Biometrics-----------> November 17, 2009

AP received-----------> December 12, 2009

AOS approved-----------> January 12, 2010

Greencard received-----------> January 23, 2010

I-751 Package sent-----------> November 28, 2011

Package received-----------> November 29, 2011

NOA-----------> November 29, 2011

Check cashed-----------> December 1, 2011

EL HAMDULLELAH! =oD

pvog3oc658.png

anmde68d690bf5c310d.gif

2ls6rf4.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I don't know of any consulate that charges an "interview fee". There is a visa application fee for every applicant. K2 derivative children are also applying for a visa, and also have to pay a visa application fee. My wife also brought two of her kids, and I paid visa application fees for each of them.

This appears to be yet another case of confusing petition with visa application. For K1 and K2, there is one petition filed, so one petition filing fee but each person desiring a visa pays the visa application fee prior to the interview, currently $131 but soon to be $350.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This appears to be yet another case of confusing petition with visa application. For K1 and K2, there is one petition filed, so one petition filing fee but each person desiring a visa pays the visa application fee prior to the interview, currently $131 but soon to be $350.

Good comment, yet again, pushbrk. So many members that have made hundreds of comments think they are giving sound advise when they are only misleading and confusing others and they are outright wrong. I still believe in the following: It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.