Allamericankiwi

What is Love?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: New Zealand
Timeline

What is love....tough question....depends i guess.....your age, maturity, past experience, present circumstances and future aspirations all play a part i guess.

My experience is that we change as people over time ...we are the same personality but our views of the world and our life wants and needs change as we age.

How important then is it that we find someone to marry who is compatable in the long term......

love in the short term....easy to find...go online, you'll find someone who will fall in love with you no matter what your age difference or circumstance....of course if youre in a developed country more people will love you!!.

and if you live in america the school of fish is so much bigger....yes it is!! hmmm.....am I so cynical?

so the question is out there ....what is love.....is it good sex, compatability, similar aspirations, love of animals or sport or music some other focus......or all of these.....

My opinion after 50+ years....find someone similar to you in most aspects of your life, and not too much older or youger...because you change with age....and you identify with those around your own age.....and its easy to fall in love with them too...yep!.....big age gaps beware!!!...forget looks and body......that can be a blessing and a curse......get to know them really well before marrying.....like live together for a year...you'll find out all about them!!....she or he got a regular temper...forget it!!....she or he like partying...forget it!!....know everything about your partner before marriage........my experienece only, feel free to disagree........

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Some say love is a feeling, but personally I think the feeling is what you get in return for your love. So then what is love? Love is the willingness to do for someone, to care for them, to share with them, to understand and accept them, forgive them when they err, to want to see them smile and do your best to make that happen, to comfort them when they cry, but it also requires the same in return. It is a commitment between two people.

When I walk with my wife and I reach down and touch her hand and she smiles up at me, that smile gives me a wonderful feeling, that is love. Its seeing the smile on her face.

If I am sad and she holds my head in her arms and comforts me, the resulting feeling that we share is love.

When we look at each other with that quirky look and say nothing but understand everything, that is love.

Love is not all about happiness, its about the hard work and effort that two people share together to make and keep a successful relationship. It's a wide variety of emotions and actions and reactions.

Note: I never mentioned lust, sex, body shape, looks, etc...

Most things change throughout life but if the willingness inside us to care for each other remains then we will have heve the opportunity to share our love forever. To maintain it and the effort therin is the strongest essence of love.

I could go on and on and on but I think you can see my point of view.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

now I got haddaway and snl in my head!

Me too. :D

What is love...baby don't hurt me....

How do you post youtube links directly into a response?

Edited by Minya's wife
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

UaYLdFE7s9Y

drop down menu, youtube

UaYLdFE7s9Y

That's what I did the first time as well and the same thing hapenned it just insereted the videoID as text in the post. Its not working. :(

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Timeline

UaYLdFE7s9Y

That's what I did the first time as well and the same thing hapenned it just insereted the videoID as text in the post. Its not working. :(

It used to work! I wonder if that particular vid just cannot be embedded. Lemme try another...

6zlViU5PBPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYLdFE7s9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYLdFE7s9Y

k, I tried the youtube thing, didn't work....tried just pasting the link, didn't work.

Above, I used the 'insert media' thing, last little icon on the right. Let's see if this works

Insert Media icon WIN!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Insert media it is then! Now if could just 'member that for next time I want to reply w/ a video.:unsure:

interesting this is stated in a thread "What is Love?" :rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the answers are different by gender, ya?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

It could be more than a feeling. Many times I look at my wife and say to myself, "why the hell is she even still with me and haven't ran off yet?"

Sorry, are you saying you do not know why your wife married you? Surely, it's quite important to understand that for a successful relationship. The impression you give with such a statement is that you married your wife purely because she's 'hot' and you understand that this relationship has a shelf life that is dependent upon some unknown x factor. What an odd way to pursue life...

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Sorry, are you saying you do not know why your wife married you? Surely, it's quite important to understand that for a successful relationship. The impression you give with such a statement is that you married your wife purely because she's 'hot' and you understand that this relationship has a shelf life that is dependent upon some unknown x factor. What an odd way to pursue life...

That's not true, my husband often says to me that he sometimes wonders how he got me. That's not because he doesn't know WHY I'm with him, but because he feels I'm such a great person that he can't believe he "got so lucky" as he puts it. :D I feel the same way about him. Sometimes I just look at him and think 'wow, I never imagined I would find someone who loves me so much, and who I would do anything for in return'. We both feel very lucky.