Pinocchio Liberal

This poooor woman!

49 posts in this topic

This is a perfect example of how ridiculous some ppl are. I wonder if she knows what a fvckin library is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGqtA2-gE80

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

She isn't a Lumbee, she is a GreeDee...and a generic one at that.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Marc is a goalie?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

This lady is right on the money. The monopoly held by cable companies and the shoddy slow service provided by other means is a joke.

I still only have one choice (Concast) as FIOS is still 'on it's way'. The one DSL provider (Verizon)is a joke at 3mb. Travel to any other country, especially Europe and you will be surely embarrassed. Heck, I had over 30 high speed providers to choose from in AUS. Cable is now up to 100mb there, with ADSL being 24 mb and a national Fiber network currently being rolled out. The federal government has decided to build their own wholesale Fiber-to-the-home network, considering it is deemed to be as important as their roads and electricity supply. Here will still allow these monopolies to decide what is best for America (aka their profits) and call it capitalism.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:rolleyes:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This lady is right on the money. The monopoly held by cable companies and the shoddy slow service provided by other means is a joke.

I still only have one choice (Concast) as FIOS is still 'on it's way'. The one DSL provider (Verizon)is a joke at 3mb. Travel to any other country, especially Europe and you will be surely embarrassed. Heck, I had over 30 high speed providers to choose from in AUS. Cable is now up to 100mb there, with ADSL being 24 mb and a national Fiber network currently being rolled out. The federal government has decided to build their own wholesale Fiber-to-the-home network, considering it is deemed to be as important as their roads and electricity supply. Here will still allow these monopolies to decide what is best for America (aka their profits) and call it capitalism.

See, it's a bit ridiculous though when you do the break down if we had a system like that here. It's simply not possible.

It's an outright JOKE to say we have choices for electricity in this country. You might have "choices" on who you "pay" your bill to, but when push comes to shove you have to call the company that owns the power lines to come fix the problem, not the one you 'pay.'

It would the the same thing with cable lines. Comcast, Charter, TimeWarner, etc. own their respective lines. If the government forces 'options' on who you 'pay' someone still owns those lines and that's who you call to fix it ultiamtely.

So really unless EVERY cable company wants to run their own lines (which would be horrendously expensive) it's ultimately pointless.

I will agree that the 'options' such a lot of times, but with Fios and Uverse expanding rapidly, options will continue to come up. Just gotta give them some time.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

See, it's a bit ridiculous though when you do the break down if we had a system like that here. It's simply not possible.

It's an outright JOKE to say we have choices for electricity in this country. You might have "choices" on who you "pay" your bill to, but when push comes to shove you have to call the company that owns the power lines to come fix the problem, not the one you 'pay.'

It would the the same thing with cable lines. Comcast, Charter, TimeWarner, etc. own their respective lines. If the government forces 'options' on who you 'pay' someone still owns those lines and that's who you call to fix it ultiamtely.

So really unless EVERY cable company wants to run their own lines (which would be horrendously expensive) it's ultimately pointless.

I will agree that the 'options' such a lot of times, but with Fios and Uverse expanding rapidly, options will continue to come up. Just gotta give them some time.

A lot is possible when you take your mind off silly anti-government / smaller government / entertainment obsessed third worldesque mindsets. Once upon a time America had this forward-thinking mindset and it's what made the country a superpower - the envy of the world. That was then this is now.

Actually Paul, I had seven to eight electricity providers in AUS; ironically with TXU being one of them. Furthermore, the government mandated minimum service quality.

I do enjoy reading the libertarian stance of less government being the answer yet you totally ignoring the result of other countries that have the opposite in practice. Furthermore, ignoring the greater competition and high quality services as a result of this government intervention. For example, government mandate forced the incumbent telco to allow others wholesale access to their copper lines for a fee of about $7.36 USD per month.

What many abroad have realized is that critical services should not be held by monopolies, certainly not without competition. Can you imagine how much more competitive rail would be if the government owned the rail and everyone was allowed to use it rather than a handful of companies?

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Timeline

A lot is possible when you take your mind off silly anti-government / smaller government / entertainment obsessed third worldesque mindsets. Once upon a time America had this forward-thinking mindset and it's what made the country a superpower - the envy of the world. That was then this is now.

Actually Paul, I had seven to eight electricity providers in AUS; ironically with TXU being one of them. Furthermore, the government mandated minimum service quality.

I do enjoy reading the libertarian stance of less government being the answer yet you totally ignoring the result of other countries that have the opposite in practice. Furthermore, ignoring the greater competition and high quality services as a result of this government intervention. For example, government mandate forced the incumbent telco to allow others wholesale access to their copper lines for a fee of about $7.36 USD per month.

What many abroad have realized is that critical services should not be held by monopolies, certainly not without competition. Can you imagine how much more competitive rail would be if the government owned the rail and everyone was allowed to use it rather than a handful of companies?

We have those choices here in Texas as well. That's not my point though. My point is, I can buy energy from TXU, Reliant, XTO, etc.. but it's all really irrelevant. At the end of the day, I still have to call Oncor who owns the damn lines to get things fixed.

It's the same problem we run into with Cable companies. Who 'owns' the lines.

Sure, government can mandate that they 'lease' out those lines to other providers for a fee (which would probably be smart for a company ilke Charter who's in trouble) but when service goes down, that company you pay has no real obligation to you other than pushing the parent company to work on their lines.

I'm not saying that government involved here is wrong at all. I'm just saying there's a tough slippery slope on things like this. It's already pulling teeth now as it is with the cable companies to get their lines in better working order....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

The difference is that in AUS there is an independent federal consumer protection agency that mandates minimum service requirements. After all, their government there is established for the people by the people. It's why a $39.95 or $89.95 phone / cell plan there already includes all taxes and fees in that amount. No sneaky shenanigans permitted, where the telco gets to make up fees and add them on. E.G, the universal bla bla tax..

Another example of proactive government legislation there is a one months worth of line rental credited for every day a phone service is down. Not to mention, multi-million dollar fines for excessive negligence of such vital services. Over here, I am at the peril of the company and their contracts.

The US administration is trying to establish something similar here to look at bank transactions and faces strong opposition. Gezz I wonder from whom.

Timeline

The difference is that in AUS there is an independent federal consumer protection agency that mandates minimum service requirements. After all, their government there is established for the people by the people. It's why a $39.95 or $89.95 phone / cell plan there already includes all taxes and fees in that amount. No sneaky shenanigans permitted, where the telco gets to make up fees and add them on. E.G, the universal bla bla tax..

Another example of proactive government legislation there is a one months worth of line rental credited for every day a phone service is down. Not to mention, multi-million dollar fines for excessive negligence of such vital services. Over here, I am at the peril of the company and their contracts.

The US administration is trying to establish something similar here to look at bank transactions and faces strong opposition. Gezz I wonder from whom.

There are non-contractual options out there. People don't ilke them though. People like the contracts because they usually get something 'free' out of the deal. Eliminate this need for free #######, then you could solve ALOT of problems. I don't necessarily see that happening though.

That's why I use MetroPCS here. There's no term contract. I get whatever phone I pretty much want, and the rate is flat. All fees/taxes included in the rate. It's simple $60 a month and I get EVERY feature that a phone plan could possibly offer. -- Now granted only a few major cities have MetroPCS, but it works out great if you're in an area that has it...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!