Pinocchio Liberal

This poooor woman!

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, ARMS and such shenanigans would not be permitted, by federal law, in AUS. Hence why their economy is steaming ahead in this 'global recession'. Actually, all of their banks are still delivering sound profits. Safe to say that (yet again) it's a plus one for government regulation and a minus one for the zero government Libertarianism approach.

I like your reasoning Paul as it falls in line with second and third world countries. Unfortunately, it does little to promote your argument of Texas being the 'intelligent' state. Each to their own jungle rules is a primitive mentality, hence its use by the uncivilized cavemen.

The people in Australia grumbling over the inflation over recent years would disagree with you about things being so 'great.'

ARMs themselves weren't the problem. It was the mixture of the financial and insurance markets. Deregulation there and letting the derivatives market run hog wild were the problem. ARMs are a good product when not abused and when paid attention to, but unfortunately we know how that goes sometimes...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still don't get it. I'm not saying they are filtering free speech on purpose, I'm saying filtering free speech is inevitable given their stance on internet censorship. By trying to protect everyone from everything objectionable out there you run into a couple problems:

1. You have to define objectionable. Who does that? Don't talk about laws. Someone has to interpret the laws.
  2. Automated filtering software will inevitably filter out legitimate content. It will be flagged as offensive, and then what? What beurocratcic nightmare is in place to handle content that needs to be un-red flagged?

Yep, sounds like a dream come true. Sign me up dude!

It's you who does not get it. Your paranoia is baseless and evidently based on anti-government rhetoric. My opinion is based on the actual rules of the filtering. They are not using automated filtering software alone, they will be filtering sites and content considered to be already offensive under a predefined criteria - such as current federal law. The 'they will filter legitimate content' rhetoric is ridiculous and baseless.

Edited by Ali G.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's you who does not get it. Your paranoia is baseless and evidently based on anti-government rhetoric. My opinion is based on the actual rules of the filtering. They are not using automated filtering software alone, they will be filtering sites and content considered to be already offensive under a predefined criteria - such as current federal law. The 'they will filter legitimate content' rhetoric is ridiculous and baseless.

I'm glad you trust the government so much. In a couple years when Australia and China are indistinguishable, I'll be sure to say "I told you so".

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

I'm glad you trust the government so much. In a couple years when Australia and China are indistinguishable, I'll be sure to say "I told you so".

Actually the majority of the first world trusts their government, thus their first world status.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Timeline

Actually the majority of the first world trusts their government, thus their first world status.

Boy, that's a pretty meaningless statement backed up by no evidence whatsoever.

Boy, that's a pretty meaningless statement backed up by no evidence whatsoever.

Unlike your stock standard Orwellian argument of course.

You will be hard pressed to find first world countries where the people hate and fear the government they vote in. Then again, they also are not stupid enough to have second amendments and believe guns within a society are the foundation of freedom. Perhaps, if more than 24% of Americans had passports (let alone traveled) you would realize that the majority of the first world does not share many of your views, particularly regarding freedom.

Edited by Ali G.

Timeline

You will be hard pressed to find first world countries where the people hate and fear the government they vote in. Then again, they also are not stupid enough to have second amendments and believe guns within a society are the foundation of freedom. Perhaps, if more than 24% of Americans had passports (let alone traveled) you would realize that the majority of the first world does not share many of your views, particularly regarding freedom.

Are all people in Australia as arrogant and obnoxious as you?

I think you will find that various countries have different views regarding what is considered (their interpretation) of 'freedom'. In the US, it's all about rights. In Australia and so it's about the right to literally live freely and not be a victim of crime. In order to uphold their quite international version of freedom, that they need to restrict the numerous filth on the net, as aforementioned, from entering their society. It's also why certain rappers have had their visas denied or been forewarned to tone their lyrics down that promote violence, as the country is not interested in such filth. Such proactive restrictions is why they don't have Columbines.

Edited by Ali G.

Timeline

Really though, to add on to my last comment, it seems like there are a few people from Australia on here who like to bash everything and anything about the U.S. while claiming Australia shits gold. You, of course, being the wort offender. I'm not even talking about constructive criticism, just repeated and unending rips on this country, people who live here. It's mind-boggling really. So, my question is a valid one.

Really though, to add on to my last comment, it seems like there are a few people from Australia on here who like to bash everything and anything about the U.S. while claiming Australia shits gold. You, of course, being the wort offender. I'm not even talking about constructive criticism, just repeated and unending rips on this country, people who live here. It's mind-boggling really. So, my question is a valid one.

Actually, your question is stupid considering Americans are synonymous around the world for being "obnoxious" and "arrogant". I highly recommend getting out of cheese country and seeing this first-hand.

Disagreeing with your point of view or even the generic American view of freedom is not bashing, it's illustrating something you were not taught during your childhood. Newsflash; Many abroad in first world countries do not share your point of view. Seeing how some of you react to this news is intriguing as it clearly clashes (go against) with the ethnocentric indoctrination that the US is the center of the galaxy; so how can anyone else do anything better right? Here is another newsflash, we don't need to sing our national anthem at every sporting event or mention every two minutes how awesome our country is; not even in this economy, when the average Joe there is absolutely killing it.

Edited by Ali G.

Filed: Timeline

Actually, your question is stupid considering Americans are synonymous around the world for being "obnoxious" and "arrogant". I highly recommend getting out of cheese country and seeing this first-hand.

Why leave America to watch Americans being obnoxious diсks when one can stay home and watch an Aussie be one?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Why leave America to watch Americans being obnoxious diсks when one can stay home and watch an Aussie be one?

Pot meet kettle.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the rest of them are actually quite likeable.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I will happily accept the mantle of pot if you will stop denying you are kettle.

Yes, I can be rude on occasion but why would I be "a #######" for simply stating reality? A number of you guys, spook in particular, have a knack for shooting the messenger and falsely assuming I am simply pulling something from my azz. Then some will proceed to find an article or two and somehow attempt to disprove a claim using it. Spook, for example, still assumes that finding a few articles about incidents of crime in Australia totally negatives the United State's ridiculously high rate - in comparison to all other first world countries.

Edited by Ali G.