15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello...my husband lost his wallet today and it had everything in it, including his greencard... we did not make a copy of it and he is supposed to file in may for his 10 year card... we are besides ourselves as to what to do... we know that they need to see front and back of the greencard and i think even when trying to get a replacement .. is that right ... what can we do.. his greeencard expires august 11, 2010

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Kind of difficult (OK, impossible) to get a replacement card AND show the front/back.

You need that card - not just for the I-751 but as proof of legal presence in the US.

It's a hard pill to swallow but it sounds like you're going to have to do the I-90/Replacement. I'd be guessing if I said you could try to file the I-751 without copies of the card since it is number one on the initial evidence list (instructions page).

Timeline

we made a police report... will that help... i don't know what else to do.. we went to his job and they gave him what he did when he first got hired, but its only the front and you really can't make our everything.. i wanna cry.. today is our anniversary too... i just checked out the i 90 and it said do not use this form if your status is expiring use the 751 but the 751 calls for the front and back too... are there any exceptions.. we really need to get a replacement.. his 90 day window starts in may... :help::unsure::crying:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

You will need to get a new card for $310.00. I suggest not to put it in the wallet but a safe place. On a sidenote: my wife's purse was stolen at the local Starbucks yesterday, in my presence, in it "everything" including her diamond wrist watch. Guess what question was on my mind:

"Why in the world would you carry that in your purse?"

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

we made a police report... will that help... i don't know what else to do.. we went to his job and they gave him what he did when he first got hired, but its only the front and you really can't make our everything.. i wanna cry.. today is our anniversary too... i just checked out the i 90 and it said do not use this form if your status is expiring use the 751 but the 751 calls for the front and back too... are there any exceptions.. we really need to get a replacement.. his 90 day window starts in may... :help::unsure::crying:

I-90: The reason is says 'do not use' is so folks don't use it to remove/lift conditions. If you've lost the card, you can use the I-90. The exception to front/back copies would be to submit a copy of his ID (i.e., Passport, DL etc - I'd go with the passport).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Here is March filer minnhelp's post about same situation. http://www.visajourn...1entry3761486

I hope this helpssmile.gif

Timeline

ok we will do that.. thank you for your help.. we really appreciate this site

Thank you Jesus!!!!

I think the rule is if it's close to filing I-751 time you DO NOT file I-90 for replacement card. You provide what you have including the police report and once you have NOA1 you get a stamp in the passport.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Hope you can avoid paying for a replacement card. We're sure you have better plans for $310. In the future, consider making a clear copy of the GC, and then put the original in a safe place. Carry the copy for casual use, then carry the original for official use, when you know it is needed. Some VJ'rs will tell you to carry the original always, even when going to toilet in your own house. But the reality is, most of us are more practical, and find realistic compromises in daily life that keep us sane. Good Luck!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everybody, my friend, this is my comment. I'm sorry that your husband lost his wallet with the green card. Now, the paperwork and the process is expensive. Now, In my humble experience, that is the reason, the alien NEVER cannot be with the green card on him/her. Why? the ID or the State Driver's License has everything data and information in the system; now, in case of a loss like your case, it comes up problems. I've read that is law that the alien has to have the green card on him/her always, I think is true; however, it is better to carry a copy, it is more suitable in case of something. Thanks and bye,

I ran into the same problem when i was filing mine.

Before i filed my i-75,1 i called USCIS and asked whether to get a replacement.

They told me that since my original was going to be expiring their was no need to get a replacement.

The representative told me that by the time my replace card got to me it is possible that i would receive

a new 10yr card.

Do understand that i'm paraphrasing.

Anyway i went ahead and sent a copy of my card, ONLY THE FRONT.

I was approved as 4-02-2010.

i'm not saying it will work for you but in my case it did.

Employment Authorization Document

Filing Method : Overnight Mail via USPS

Date Filed : 12-12-07

NOA Date : 12-21-07

Bio. Appt. : 01-09-08

Approved Date : 02-13-08

Date Card Received : 02-13-08

I-130 Sent : 12-12-07

I-130 NOA1 : 12-21-07

I-130 Approved : 03-11-08

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Salt Lake City UT

Date Filed : 12-12-07

NOA Date : 12-21-07

Bio. Appt. : 01-09-08

Interview Date : 03-11-08

Approved : 03-11-08

Green Card Recieved: 03-24-08

Timeline

Praise God we found the wallet... it was under my youngest daughter bed... don't know how that happened... when i looked in his wallet i was shocked as to what he had in there that can really do damage... we "cleaned it out"... ssn, debit cards for banks we don't put money into anymore, acct numbers, greencard, ead... so all of that was removed... i immediately made copies of the greencard, but keep the greencard in a safe place as bob explained... we already made the police report.. will still get it just in case... with all the excitement didn't get a chance to take any anniversary pictures... does immigration take notice of dates on photos.. some photos we have don't have the date... thanks everyone for all of your responses... we have really learned our lesson

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Timeline

good.gifyes.gif

Your little one was looking for his money!? You'd better keep your eye on herbiggrin.gif

yea i know.. like i said we learned our lesson and made copies of it... as far as my youngest, i just don't know... but i told her to be very careful... i never seen my husband smoke so many cigarettes before everything was ok... :lol: ... i'm just thankful things worked out for us.. we got to file soon and immigration, well, you know :blink:

Edited by wonderful07

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

if you didnt find it, i dont think it would be a problem, espcially if you send USCIS the front copy of his card and the police report. About the date on the pictures, i dont think USCIS cares much as anyone with nowadays pictures softwares can put dates on the pictures and then print them.

2007-11-8 : Married

AOS

2008-3-03 : AOS sent

2008-3-12 : Check cashed

2008-3-14 : Received Receipt Notices of AOS ,EAD and AP

2008-3-17 : Biometrics Appointment notice date

2008-4-03 : Biometrics Appointment ,,,DONE,,,

2008-5-09 : EAD card ordered and AP approval notice

2008-5-13 : AP approval notice sent

2008-5-16 : AP received

2008-5-19 : EAD Approval notice sent

2008-5-21 : EAD received

2008-6-27 : interview appointment letter (for August)

2008-8---- : interview was fine, but was given a RFE, reason: chicken pox shot( although i got the shot when i was little)

2008-10-- : green card

ROC

2010-7-13 : I-751 sent

2010-7-16 : I-751 received

2010-7-20 : I-751 sent back to me. Cause: signatures and filing early.

2010-7-26 : I-751 re-sent

2010-8-09 : First NOA received ( dated 8/2 )

2010-8-12 : Biometrics appointment letter received ( dated 8/6 )

2010-8-19 : Early biometrics

2010-9-08 : Card production ordered

2010-9-15 : Green Card received, with incorrect first name (one letter missing)

I-90

2010-9-16 : Sent I-90 with Green Card

2010-9-17 : I-90 delivered

2010-9-24 : Receipt received. Notice date: 9-22

2011-2-08 : Card production ordered

2011-2-10 : Card received with NO errors.

N400 :

11-22-2011 :Sent

02-21-2012 :Interview ( a long delay afterwards)

05-18-2012 :Oath - US citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.