clueless_in_usa

Watch National Geographic

223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

They are talking about E-mail Order Bride

Just goes to show everything is going online these days.

Although I guess this is something that has probably been there since the invention of the Internet.

I just hope they do it in a style describing a predator stalking its prey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just goes to show everything is going online these days.

Although I guess this is something that has probably been there since the invention of the Internet.

I just hope they do it in a style describing a predator stalking its prey.

I met my fiancee through a marriage agency. Some people I have met are so quick to judge me as a "desperate loser" and her just an "opportunist". It is funny because I asked a couple of them how they met their wives. They told me at a bar. I asked them,"And how honest was that meeting?" My point is, there are so many situations to meet your future wife, and most of them start off as hiding something to gain an advantage over the other. Some women meet their future husbands just because of the car they drive or the clothes they wear. Marriage agencies are a much better way to find a bride then most other situations. There is no wrong way to meet your future wife. In fact it is better when both sides understand that they are looking for marriage and not just a fling. Relationships "mostly" start off as shallow anyways, if you are looking for marriage, you might as well look for it where you have the best selection for a wife.

03/27/2010 - Mailed our I-129f

03/29/2010 - Notice date

04/02/2010 - NOA1 Hard Copy Received

05/07/2010 - Touched

06/08/2010 - Touched again

06/09/2010 - Touched again, again...

06/09/2010 - NOA2 - WOOHOO!!!!!!!

06/14/2010 - NOA2 Hard copy received in the mail.

06/18/2010 - NVC received.

08/04/2010 - Medical appointment.

08/05/2010 - Visa Interview!!!! - Approved!!!

08/10/2010 - Visa received in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I met my fiancee through a marriage agency. Some people I have met are so quick to judge me as a "desperate loser" and her just an "opportunist". It is funny because I asked a couple of them how they met their wives. They told me at a bar. I asked them,"And how honest was that meeting?" My point is, there are so many situations to meet your future wife, and most of them start off as hiding something to gain an advantage over the other. Some women meet their future husbands just because of the car they drive or the clothes they wear. Marriage agencies are a much better way to find a bride then most other situations. There is no wrong way to meet your future wife. In fact it is better when both sides understand that they are looking for marriage and not just a fling. Relationships "mostly" start off as shallow anyways, if you are looking for marriage, you might as well look for it where you have the best selection for a wife.

Um...you haven't heard anything yet. Wait until they find out she is beautiful! :rofl:

It is really silly and best not answered, actually. Our newspapers are full of "Personal ads" and radio stations full of ads for "North Country Cupid. com", so if I meet a girl in Vermont or New York on the internet it is OK, but not if I meet a girl in Ukraine? What horse-squeeze! I didn't meet my wife on the internet but it really doesn't matter. It isn't about the internet, it is about American women liberating themselves out of the market and getting angry because you refuse to tolerate their BS and find a more traditional woman who enjoys being a woman and looks like it. They are like members of the UAW who are mad at you because you bought a Japanese car after they have created something no one wants to buy! Then blaming it on the internet.

The US has a 50%+ divorce rate and they want to say that meeting a person one way or another is better? Like we need to lecture anyone. :lol:

Don't answer that BS.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

The program shows one interesting statistic that often goes overlooked. They said:

Of 2000 women on the site (A Volga Girl) only eight get engaged a year. And the featured woman has been on the site four years and that was the first time somebody went to visit her.

For whoever think that the women are opportunistic and looking for an easy way out of Russia (Ukraine, Belarus, etc), look at those numbers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I used the same agency as Eddie, just a different city. I have to agree with Gary. If I use eHarmony or Match.com it's OK but if I use a site overseas it's not. In my mind it's about finding someone that makes you happy. It's that simple for me.

I watched the show on NatGeo. I thought it was fair and balanced.

Edited by bjstults

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I haven't heard any negative comments about my marriage to a Russian woman. I haven't been married long, but I've only received positive comments. Maybe because we spent much time together first, and didn't simply meet briefly and decide to get married.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I selected mine from an agency online photo catalog. Then paid $99 for her email address.

Very nice bargain; should have bought a few more while I was at it.

(Actually did meet quite a few very real and nice women. Could only keep one even though Alla and I joke about obtaining more for my "collection". "No thank you, you are enough for me honey!!" :innocent: )

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Thanks for the heads-up on the show. I caught about 40 minutes of it. The one thing that struck me was how unattractive the Russian women were. Everybody needed to see a good dentist. If nothing else, it dispels the idea all Russian women are beautiful.

Timeline

I haven't heard any negative comments about my marriage to a Russian woman. I haven't been married long, but I've only received positive comments. Maybe because we spent much time together first, and didn't simply meet briefly and decide to get married.

I think we're all in the same boat there. I'm sure eventually you're bound to run into the 1 or 2 narrow minded people that would frown on marrying someone from Russia. But they tend to be social rejects for many reasons beyond that anyway.

Timeline

Thanks for the heads-up on the show. I caught about 40 minutes of it. The one thing that struck me was how unattractive the Russian women were. Everybody needed to see a good dentist. If nothing else, it dispels the idea all Russian women are beautiful.

The twins were very cute and you could get TWO for the price of ONE.

:wow:

I think we're all in the same boat there. I'm sure eventually you're bound to run into the 1 or 2 narrow minded people that would frown on marrying someone from Russia. But they tend to be social rejects for many reasons beyond that anyway.

It's about a 70-30 split with my friends and family in those regards. 70% being positive, the other 30% thinking my wife married me for a visa and/or I was wife shopping. The worst part of it is that I'm working/living in Dillingham, AK atm and it's like the capital of fat chicks here. They take one look at my wife and give her a sh*tty look for the fact she doesn't have a fat ####### like the rest of them here. It's got to the point to where she doesn't even want to go out anymore for a few drinks and deal with the stares she gets from fat chicks here with chips on their shoulders.

btw...met my wife on "myspace".

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.