Gene & Susan

Visa Denied

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

We ARE deeply in love, I can hardly bear this delay, and neither can she, but we are resolved to doing whatever it takes, and waiting as long as it takes to be together.

The fact that we discovered each other thru online dating is actually irrelevant, it is the process we undertook after we met our emails, chats and voice chats that led us together and ultimately to my traveling to Kenya and my proposal of marriage.

My wife and her sister both met their husbands on the same internet dating website and immigrated from China three years apart, but both immigrated as spouses, were well prepared for a visa interview and no discrepancies were found. The totality of circumstances is what piled up to equal a denial with an unknown straw (discrepancy) sealing the result. Only changing the totality of circumstances is likely to change the result. First though, the problems must be understood and dealt with.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Undoubtedly Both sisters were looking for husbands beyond the borders of their countries. I don't see anything wrong with that, as a lot of traditional Kenyan men (not all) are very much into polygamy, and this does not go well with Christian women, such as my fiancee. Its not our country alone, rather it is our marriage values that are appealing...(one woman-one man). Susan was not restricting her search to any country..it just so happens I am from USA.

By the same token, almost everyone here on VisaJourney has probably used one of the online match/dating services to seek out a suitable partner...its not rare or unusual. And, for that matter, since her Sister is so happily married here in the USA, to a great guy, why wouldn't that influence Susan to try to find the same happiness? I don't see anything wrong with this.

It's not a matter of right or wrong. I know a bit about Nairobi, Kisumu, and some of the other cities in that part of Kenya. It is a cultural reality that single women will go to great lengths to get a visa to the U.S. and Canada simply to flee the hopelessness around them, and eventually perhaps to bring relatives over later on. It is a topic of social conversations among friends of mine there.

The CO lives with that daily. Creating an in-depth relationship, not just a few weeks old at the time of filing, would be a good next step. Next time, the CO staff would not be so keen on finding little discrepancies, especially if you were present for the interview. Good luck!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gene,

I think most of the advice from others is spot on but I am not so sure you are listening.

If this is the true love of your life maybe you might consider relocating to be with her? I know this sounds extreme but anything is possible.

Chris

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Gene,

I think most of the advice from others is spot on but I am not so sure you are listening.

If this is the true love of your life maybe you might consider relocating to be with her? I know this sounds extreme but anything is possible.

Chris

Chris...

I am listening very intently. I have contacted my Senator and Congressman. I am planning to go visit my fiancee within the next 4 weeks. It is impossible for me to relocate, because I own a business here that I earn all of my income from. I can't move this business, my supporting client is here. I could not earn a living in her country. I believe it will work out, just not on a speedy time frame.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Enjoy the trip! In the meantime, you could also contact USCIS to request your returned petition is given priority handling so you can appeal the denial more promptly.

Timeline

Enjoy the trip! In the meantime, you could also contact USCIS to request your returned petition is given priority handling so you can appeal the denial more promptly.

I think I should give my congressmans office a few days to work on this before I start myself.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

For the most part, most of the responses were well thought out and well-intentioned. Only a few were totally off track.

I have to see this was a very informative thread for me about the need to make sure your fiance(e) and petitioner are consistent. Also I now see a very real need for some preparation for the interview. Such as my fiancee and I have a joke about which day is our engagement day, we each have a different opinion. However if the Consular officer knew, he might not find the two different dates very funny.

In particular though in this case, I think there is a number of issues all adding up against the OP and the best way to overcome the obstacle is with a longer more concerted effort at showing mutual love through an extended courtship and perhaps a second later attempt at either K-1 or CR-1.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

I have been going over all the documents I originally submitted for my fiancee visa,

and going over the questions and answers the interviewer at the Consulate in Nairobi

asked and I have only found one, easily explainable difference.

He (the interviewer at the Consulate) asked my fiancee where she met me.

She said on the dating site: afroromance.com.

In my original cover letter for my fiancee visa application I stated that we met

on the dating site: interracialdating.com. It seems my memory was just a wee

bit foggy, because in truth it was interracialdatingcentral.com I had long since

discontinued my membership, and my fiancee and I were communicating directly

thru email and Yahoo Messenger by the time I visited her, got engaged and

filed the visa application.

He asked her several times, she continued to say afroromance.com.

Its very true she had her profile on afroromance.com

Its true I found her profile on interracialdatingcentral.com

What I guess, was not clear to the interviewer was that they are ONE AND THE SAME

company. All the afroromance.com listings are picked up by interracialdatingcentral.com.

Different web sites, increase traffic and make more money for the holding company that

operates all of them.

I truly hope this one misunderstanding didn't cause this rejection, but I cannot find a single

other thing that differs from my written texts, and my fiancees answers in her interview.

Check out the 2 links below..the site I used, and the site she used. Both part of the Chellaul

Corporation, as so indicated on each opening page.

The interviewer DID SAY to my fiancee that "our stories didn't match" and this is the ONLY

thing I can find based on the written documentation I provided to the USCIS, which the

consulate got that differs in any way.

Gene McCluney

http://www.afroromance.com/

http://www.interracialdatingcentral.com/?gclid=CKyp24C7-KACFQzxDAodP0pAwg

My visa application is not "cancelled" I just have to appeal the decision, which I will, and with the help of my congressmans office, maybe quicker than without his help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Depending on the Country, 3 prior marriages can be a redflag (not saying, it was in your case, would be considered in India, for example). Were any prior marriages to non USCs?

Another could be your timeline - as recent as met in august 2009 and 1 visit only, again depends on the Consulate.

The approval of your petition at USCIS has nothing to do with the interview approval. As long as you meet criteria of having met each other once in past 2 yrs, both of you are legally free to marry, USCIS will approve, provided there are no other reasons to deny.

Its at the interview stage that the COs check for bonafides and ongoing relationship. Right now, we are all speculating. We need to know the questions and answers and where she faltered.

I agree with Daniel I believe it is the timeline August 09, and the prior marriages, But what ever you do since they denied you once you should try and be there the next go around.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.