13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I only sent 2 passport photos on my AOS because that is what I read here in VJ... I read that others submitted 4 photos. I didn't know about that until only today. But we sent ours march 24. In the I-485 packet, EAD and AP is included too. I hope that everything will go smooth and fine though we only submitted 2 photos...

I only sent 2 passport photos on my AOS because that is what I read here in VJ... I read that others submitted 4 photos. I didn't know about that until only today. But we sent ours march 24. In the I-485 packet, EAD and AP is included too. I hope that everything will go smooth and fine though we only submitted 2 photos...

2 Passport style photos for the I-485. (Some folks will also submit an I-765 (EAD) and I-131 (AP) which will need two p/port photos each, for a total of 6 - this may be what others are referring to).

Filed: Other Timeline

Here's an advice for life. Relax and take one step at a time. Don't spend sleepless nights wondering about "if" or "what." If they need more photos, they'll let you know and the you send them two more.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's an advice for life. Relax and take one step at a time. Don't spend sleepless nights wondering about "if" or "what." If they need more photos, they'll let you know and the you send them two more.

I totally agree. :thumbs:

Yes! I am approved!!! :)

It took only two (2) months to be approved. Hooray!

Timeline

December 5, 2009 - I-485 application was submitted.

January 12, 2010 - I-485 application was re-submitted due to address error.

January 20, 2010 - I-485 application receipt notice arrived.

January 25, 2010 - Biometrics notice arrived.

February 9, 2010 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

March 5, 2010 - Initial Interview notice arrived.

April 15, 2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived out of blue.

April 29, 2010 - Initial Interview scheduled and... APPROVED!!! :) Conditional GC will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

April 30, 2010 - SSN reactivated. Newly printed card will arrive in 3-5 days.

May 7, 2010 - Welcome Notice arrived! Hooray! :)

May 8, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN card arrived.

May 26, 2010 - Conditional GC issued.

June 1, 2010 - Conditional GC ARRIVED! Yippee! :)

June 2, 2010 - SSN upgraded. Newly printed card will arrive in a week.

June 9, 2010 - Freshly printed SSN arrived.

October 10, 2011 - I-751 petition was submitted.

October 18, 2011 - I-751 petition was returned. It turned out to be USCIS's error sending it back to me.

October 19, 2011 - I-751 petition was re-submitted.

October 26, 2011 - I-751 petition receipt notice arrived.

November 18, 2011 - Biometrics taken at local USCIS office.

December 27, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter was issued.

December 28, 2011 - I-751 petition Approval letter arrived

December 29, 2011 - GC was issued.

December 30, 2011 - GC arrived.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

as I said in another thread of yours, if they are going to RFE you for something, they will RFE you. Its not the end of the world, you just gather what they need and send it back as quickly as you can and they will continue on your case. Do not attempt to send anything in until they RFE you (if they do) as it will not be linked to your file. Also...BREATHE. You need to calm down just a teeny bit, it sucks that you forgot something but its not going to get you denied. The very worst they would do at this stage is send the whole packet back to you, you fix it and send it back to them.

Please refrain from making 6 posts about the same topic as well, someone will come along and answer your questions eventually.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Bobby Boy, if Otto tells us to submit 6 fotos for AOS, then we better start worrying, if we submitted only 2. Take a powder! :whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

We also only submitted two photos for my husband, but applied for the I-131 and the EAD at the same time. I'm just finding out about the need to have submitted more photos just now as I read this post. I assume at this point that we will simply get an RFE. Oh well. I have been so meticulous about the process so far and checked and double-checked everything. The important thing is that we've gotten all the forms in and paid our big bucks. I don't think a lack of enough photos will be cause for denial.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

im so sorry about the repitition of the post. i thought it didn't go through. we also didn't know that we needed to submit my husband's (USC) birth certificate, passport, visa stamps. for the EAD and AP, we didn't have any papers that goes with it. But thanks for the reassurance that everything will be alright and that it's not the end of the world for us.

im so sorry about the repitition of the post. i thought it didn't go through. we also didn't know that we needed to submit my husband's (USC) birth certificate, passport, visa stamps. for the EAD and AP, we didn't have any papers that goes with it. But thanks for the reassurance that everything will be alright and that it's not the end of the world for us.

The application for AOS, EAD, and AP is by the immigrant. The USC spouse is not applying and does not submit his passport or birth certificate. If you had to have a joint sponsor for the Affidavit of Support, then that person must show how they are legally present in the US and thus qualify to be a sponsor. That is shown by providing a photocopy of a US born birth certificate, US passport, naturalization certificate, etc. for the joint sponsor.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Don't worry about the photos, we actually sent two photos for each application (I-485, I-765 and I-131) but they used the photo taken at my Biometrics for the EAD and only used the photos we sent for the AP. ;) In your case, they'll probably just use your Biometrics photo for the AP ;)

F & J

I-130 / IR-5 TIMELINE (Petition for Mother)

2016/11/14 — I-130 sent via USPS Priority Mail Express 1-Day

2016/11/15 — I-130 delivered at 11:20 am in PHOENIX, AZ 85034 to BANK ONE, signed for by J LOPEZ; Priority Date  |  2016/11/17 Receipt Date

2016/11/18 I-797C Notice Date; USCIS Acceptance Confirmation Email, case routed to Nebraska Service Center  |  2016/11/21I-797C Postmark

2017/01/18 I-797 Approval Notice Date  |  2017/01/19I-797 Postmark  |  2017/01/23 I-797 Approval Notice hard copy received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I only submitted 2 photos for my AOS and my EAD is passed after a week of having my NOA1 for I 485. And I'm now waiting on my EAD card to be in the mail. They don't ask me for another photos anymore. :) Hope it will be the same way for the OP.

(AOS Sent 12/31/09)

AOS NOA letter received 1/12/10

1/6/10 received date

1/8/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 1/25/10

01/14/10 notice date

02/04/10 appointment date

(AED Sent 1/19/10)

AED NOA letter received 1/29/10

1/21/10 received date

1/27/10 notice date

Biometrics letter received 2/2/10

1/29/10 notice date

2/17/10 appointment date

(RFE med exam)

RFE letter received 1/25/10

Notice dated 1/22/10

2/08/10 RFE response sent

2/16/10 received date by uscis MO

(Interview)

Appointment letter received 3/17/2010

Notice dated 3/10/2010

Interview date 4/14/2010

Approved GC 4/14/2010

hello,

don't worry too much. we also sent in just 2 passport photos for my AOS, EAD and AP applications and we have already sent the package when i realized that i needed a total of 6 photos. anyway, my AP, EAD and AOS were all approved without RFE. the AP had the photo i submitted while the EAD and GC had the photo that they took of me during the biometrics.

so just relax. things will be alright. :thumbs::thumbs::yes:

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.