tanging-mahal

nclex rn and finding job

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi i just want to ask if anyone here taking nclex? and hoping to find a job? come on in lets help each other.....

September 2008: started k1 process

November 2008: attorney send i 129f g325A and other documents

November 24, 2008: NOA1 finally

February 20, 2009: NOA2 at last

March 4, 2009: Got MNL number

March 21, 2009: Received USEM letter thanks god

March 24-25, 2009: Medical Passed thanks god

April 22, 2009: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!

April 22, 2009: Approved K1 Visa THANKS BE TO GOD!

( thanks to my friends here and someone who answers all the questions i have its a long journey we thank u so much)

April 29, 2009 : Visa on hand

April 30, 2009: CFO

May 7, 2009: leaving phils to lax

May 29, 2009: civil wedding

june 10 2009: ssn got w/ married name

july 22, 2009 aos packet sent

and then follows AOS filling and got GC at novemeber 2009...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate threads of the above post in K-1 forum and US Citizenship forum have been removed as they do not relate to K-1 or US Citizenship. There is no need to post the same topic in three different places.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

hi i just want to ask if anyone here taking nclex? and hoping to find a job? come on in lets help each other.....

Try to study or enroll on-line with ncsbn learning extension... it will help you with your nclex, well, hopefully. It helped me in 2007 and I enrolled for the 3 weeks course and I passed. Good Luck and hope you find the right job for you. God Bless.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Be aware NCLEX changes a bit starting April 1st!! The exam changes every 3-5 yrs! I took Kaplan and it was great. One has a few options, 1 can attend in person, or just do it online! I did the one in person! It costs $100 more than the online one, BUT you get somewhat of a gaurentee with it! If ya fail the Nclex, you can choose to get ur $$$ back or do the class over again! I'm not certain if that "gaurentee" applies to foreign students.

Personally I found the classes pretty much useless,should have just done the online one. U get a text book to study, there is online videos, and of course the question bank! One can just purchase the question bank as well. Our Kaplan instructor stated everything thats on the NCLEX is covered in the text book kaplan gives you, but I disagree with that, as I recalled a few NCLEX questions, and I went back over the kaplan text book and couldnt find the answers. But I did find the Kaplan text book and videos very helpful. I passed with the min 75 questions

http://www.kaplannursing.com/

pearsonvue is the company that proctors the exam for al of the USA: http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/

ncsbn.org https://www.ncsbn.org/nclex.htm

https://www.ncsbn.org/2010_NCLEX_Candidate_Bulletin_AtaGlance.pdf

great nurses forum is allnurses.com

Depending where one resides, not a lot of nursing jobs available! I know a lot of nurses are without work in the DC area. My hopsital isnt hiring, and another big employer INOVA isnt hiring either. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Good luck with the exam!

As Flames said, not many places are hiring RNs at this moment, especially when you are a new grad or foreign RN.

Even you have experience in your country, hospitals in the US generally don't count it as experience.

You are unfortunately considered a new grad in most cases.

Nursing homes, hospice, home health care are somewhat easier to get into, though.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi! I'm planning to take the NCLEX around October this year! I graduated with a bachelor's degree in January 2010 from a Swedish university. I haven't worked at all yet, but I just signed up to volunteer as an auxiliary at the local hospital here. They've got no entry-positions open so I'm planning to get the license for Nevada which gives me a much bigger population base to try to get a job with. When will you be taking the test? I bought the Saunder's comprehensive review-book, it's great but it's so thich I'm a bit stressed over having to read it from start to finish.

Healthsouth, an acute care "chain" rehabilitation hospital-not drug rehab, but physical rehab, etc...has like 100 hospitals spread throughout the lower half and east coast of the US and they are always taking foreign nurses, even new grads! It is an option if there will be one where you will be living...just go to their website...Google "Healthsouth locations" See if any locations are near you. It isn't a bad place to work, but sometimes can be like "retail" nursing as it is a corporation lol

Edited by ErikaAndHamit
389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline

Hi! I'm planning to take the NCLEX around October this year! I graduated with a bachelor's degree in January 2010 from a Swedish university. I haven't worked at all yet, but I just signed up to volunteer as an auxiliary at the local hospital here. They've got no entry-positions open so I'm planning to get the license for Nevada which gives me a much bigger population base to try to get a job with. When will you be taking the test? I bought the Saunder's comprehensive review-book, it's great but it's so thich I'm a bit stressed over having to read it from start to finish.

checkout allnurses.com especially the NCLEX forum, lots of great info! Know info with regards to delegation, priority (who you see first) infection control. Those are 3 big areas! Some have a fair # of meds!

I took the kaplan course. Well worth it--mainly just for the text book (u can't buy it in bookstores, BUT have seen it for sale on Ebay!!!) As well as the question bank! Only other book I used was Saunders Nclex (think it was 4th ed?)

here is the kaplan book on ebay (last yrs edition) wel worth it in my opinion as it covers everything!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RN-Course-Book-Kaplan-12th-edition-/170501843268?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item27b2b3a944#ht_500wt_947

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• 2 weeks later...

checkout allnurses.com especially the NCLEX forum, lots of great info! Know info with regards to delegation, priority (who you see first) infection control. Those are 3 big areas! Some have a fair # of meds!

I took the kaplan course. Well worth it--mainly just for the text book (u can't buy it in bookstores, BUT have seen it for sale on Ebay!!!) As well as the question bank! Only other book I used was Saunders Nclex (think it was 4th ed?)

here is the kaplan book on ebay (last yrs edition) wel worth it in my opinion as it covers everything!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RN-Course-Book-Kaplan-12th-edition-/170501843268?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item27b2b3a944#ht_500wt_947

Beware of AllNurses. If you go to International Section there are a lot of hater of forgein nurses whom post there. They are very anit immigrant nurse and especially tend to hate nurses from Philippines

But the NCLEX Section is pretty good

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Beware of AllNurses. If you go to International Section there are a lot of hater of forgein nurses whom post there. They are very anit immigrant nurse and especially tend to hate nurses from Philippines

But the NCLEX Section is pretty good

I've read Allnurses and usually their advice is spot on.

But then, when I posted I didn't post that I was going to "save nursing in your country", that only nurses from my country was caring and compassionate, etc. Some of the posters from the PI were just so OTT.

Let's not even mention their husbands who think that their wife is going walk into the hospital of choice and get the job of their dreams. One fool, Red Ranger was just so arrogant that the entire board felt sorry for his trophy wife, it was like she was a Stepford Wife that was bought to do his bidding.

Edited by westcoastwoman

Timeline

I'm on allnurse.com quite often and never had a problem! But its no different than any other forum. People behind a wall can be jerks,lol

But there is a lot of great info on that site, one just has to take time and read it. Lost a super member--daytonite--this past yr! She helped out the nursing students a great deal!!

Let's not even mention their husbands who think that their wife is going walk into the hospital of choice and get the job of their dreams. One fool, Red Ranger was just so arrogant that the entire board felt sorry for his trophy wife, it was like she was a Stepford Wife that was bought to do his bidding.

Actually I think RedRanger is the Trophy Husband in this relationship.

Did you ever see his pic?

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Actually I think RedRanger is the Trophy Husband in this relationship.

Did you ever see his pic?

Thank Dog, NO. I see him as a old guy with a beer belly, divorced three times and afraid of a woman who can provide for herself.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank Dog, NO. I see him as a old guy with a beer belly, divorced three times and afraid of a woman who can provide for herself.

RedRanger is Famous on some internet sites

Here is one Famous picture of him (The pic is not directed at you, Just some stuff he posts)

redrangercuz.jpg

Timeline

RedRanger is Famous on some internet sites

Here is one Famous picture of him (The pic is not directed at you, Just some stuff he posts)

redrangercuz.jpg

The husband is still laughing at the tan lines. I wasn't far off. Older, male, can't see the physique when your sitting down.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.