tanging-mahal

nclex rn and finding job

18 posts in this topic

The husband is still laughing at the tan lines. I wasn't far off. Older, male, can't see the physique when your sitting down.

gunsym.jpg

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I only did self study back in 2001 'coz I came here in the US on Bi/B2 visa and I have very limited cash then. I cannot afford to enroll in Kaplan. I borrowed books from the library and my friends. I did a lot of question and answers(I think about 3000 plus!!) and used Saunders and Mosby. I stayed at my aunt's and she does not have any computer, so about 1 week before I took the NCLEX-RN I stayed at my friends' house to use her computer! I used Kaplan's test-taking guides and did about 300 plus questions from their disc. I stopped reading 2 days before the test, no caffeine and I slept early the night before my exam date. With prayers and perseverance I passed it! The computer stopped at question 89 and it took me about 2.5 hrs. With a lot of patience you can do it! I did not have any clinical experience back home but then when I came here in the US there was a shortage of nurses, a SNF sponsored me and I was hired as a Nursing Supervisor(can you imagine from no experience to being a supervisor!) I stayed at the SNF for 2 years, then I did 2 years of Ortho/Trauma adult. At this time I am a charge nurse in a specialty pediatric hospital here in Sacramento, CA for 4.5 years now and I LOVE IT!!!!! It's really fulfilling to be a nurse here in the US especially if you find the specialty that you want!

So goodluck to everybody and hope your journey will be like mine!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.