32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
That's true. I had heard, from friends in Chicago, that Farley was out of control, so I wasn't surprised. He was a real nice guy but he couldn't control his demons. It wasn't personal because I never met Chris Farley. Corey Haim was another story. He was very close to Mom.

Some people who OD and that you know personally will earn your sympathy? Sorry, but that's ridiculous standard as everyone including drug addicts know someone personally. Picking and choosing among a self-destructive class seems pointless to me.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

A Canadian ... leaves Canada and its health care system ... comes to live in the US ... and dies tragically at a young age while being "cared" for by the US health care system.

Commentary?

:P

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
A Canadian ... leaves Canada and its health care system ... comes to live in the US ... and dies tragically at a young age while being "cared" for by the US health care system.

Commentary?

:P

:thumbs::thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Some people who OD and that you know personally will earn your sympathy? Sorry, but that's ridiculous standard as everyone including drug addicts know someone personally. Picking and choosing among a self-destructive class seems pointless to me.

Your arbitration means nothing to me and your comments on my personal sense of loss are as irrelevant as the rest of your arguments. Good day!

IR5

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
I'm old, I do not consider actors role models, I cannot imagine why one would.

:thumbs:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline
Your arbitration means nothing to me and your comments on my personal sense of loss are as irrelevant as the rest of your arguments. Good day!

You mean the word "arbitration" means nothing to you as I'm not an impartial individual trying to resolve a problem between your view and some other poster.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Timeline
You mean the word "arbitration" means nothing to you as I'm not an impartial individual trying to resolve a problem between your view and some other poster.

You were only offering opinion and not a judicial verdict based on careful deliberation, imagine that. ALC only offers opinion and not factual determination, will wonders never cease. Have a nice day. :)

IR5

Timeline
You were only offering opinion and not a judicial verdict based on careful deliberation, imagine that. ALC only offers opinion and not factual determination, will wonders never cease. Have a nice day. :)

Better, as opinions and arbitration aren't interchangable terms. Never claimed I was offering a judicial verdict- that was your odd assertion.

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Happy? Was Haim tormenting you beyond his acting skills or lack thereof?

Some people can kick a drug habit and others can't but people shouldn't give up on them even when they give up on themselves.

Agreed.

Timeline
Better, as opinions and arbitration aren't interchangable terms. Never claimed I was offering a judicial verdict- that was your odd assertion.

I sudder to think of the day when I will accept counsel on what is odd or unusual from a self-described alien love child. At least you admitted to your bias, it's a start.

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Lets not pretend this guy was some sort of serial killer or a low life scum that deliberately hurt others. He had a drug addiction, which is a disease.

Gotta disagree there. Drug addiction, while certainly life destroying, meets no clinical definition of disease. The most clinically charitable description that can be given to it that actually has anything to do with reality is that it is a clinically significant psychological disorder - a mental illness.

And even if we go that far, the empirical reality, and I base this on common sense, commonly held knowledge of the behaviors and treatment successes (or conspicuous lack thereof) of high-profile addicts, and significant research done by a professional social worker friend of mine, is that treatments of drug addictions that treat it as one would treat a disease or psychological disorder virtually NEVER work. The relapse/recidivism rates are the silent scandal of the rehabilitation industry. The disease model of addiction fails the most basic possible empirical test - that methods of treatment that are known to be effective in treating mental illnesses are completely, and I mean COMPLETELY ineffective at providing any kind of long term improvement, let alone cure, to the addiction "disorder".

The only clinical approaches that have a significant track record of success in treating addictions are those that treat addiction as ,effectively, a sin condition - a moral failure of behavior, that is ultimately under the control of the addict, through their daily behavioral choices. Behavioral therapies, of which the Twelve-Step program (with it's obvious theological overtones identifying the addict as a sinner who has control, with the help of a superior being, over his own behavior, and who will never be completely "cured", but must choose every day to be "good") is only the most visible, are the only treatments for addiction that seem to generate long term reductions or eliminations in the lifestyle damage caused by the addictive behavior, for even a significant minority of their patients. Twelve-Step, and behavioral counseling in general, may not work for everyone, but at least they work for some people, which, frankly, is more than can be said for disease models of addiction treatment.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland