NYC-KK

US Immigration at JFK:

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancee will arrive on her K-1 visa at JFK on March 20. Does anyone know what forms they will ask her to complete on the plane and submit upon arrival? Can you provide a web link so we can practice? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Ron

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hello,

My fiancee will arrive on her K-1 visa at JFK on March 20. Does anyone know what forms they will ask her to complete on the plane and submit upon arrival? Can you provide a web link so we can practice? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

She will have to fill out the I-94, on the plane. Then stand in line and give her sealed envelope to the officer. It's pretty painless, she'll probably even get a work stamp. Mine did.

also the Customs Declaration Form...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hello,

There are instructions here and if you can google you can find images of I-94 forms.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/...ing_out_i94.xml

One note for a person coming from a country with a non-Roman alphabet, however she writes her name on the I-94 is the way that social security says the name has to be forever more. If for example her name were Alak Annan she may not always write that space between the 2. If she wants first name Alak, middle name Annan, she has to be sure the space is there or she will go into the systen as Alakannan, first name.

This happens to Chinese women. Not sure if it applies to Thai women's names.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
There are instructions here and if you can google you can find images of I-94 forms.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/...ing_out_i94.xml

One note for a person coming from a country with a non-Roman alphabet, however she writes her name on the I-94 is the way that social security says the name has to be forever more. If for example her name were Alak Annan she may not always write that space between the 2. If she wants first name Alak, middle name Annan, she has to be sure the space is there or she will go into the systen as Alakannan, first name.

This happens to Chinese women. Not sure if it applies to Thai women's names.

Thanks, I'll read these instructions and forward the link to her. She will be changing her name when we marry, so I guess we will have to forward a name change certificate to social security Anyway, that is a topic for another form. Thanks again.

Edited by NYC-KK

Ron

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
She will have to fill out the I-94, on the plane. Then stand in line and give her sealed envelope to the officer. It's pretty painless, she'll probably even get a work stamp. Mine did.

The "work stamp" is worthless in this case - she can't use it. FYI.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Thanks, I'll read these instructions and forward the link to her. She will be changing her name when we marry, so I guess we will have to forward a name change certificate to social security Anyway, that is a topic for another form. Thanks again.

Just have her triple-check the spelling on the final I-94 or any other document

the immigration official gives her. Triple check it BEFORE she leaves their work area.

We had to waste a day to get her name spelled correctly (with no charge) at JFK

after it was botched at Anchorage.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from AOS forum to K-1 forum

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
What happens to the envelope that they turn in at the border? Is it supposed to be returned?

Thanks

No, they forward it to the USCIS as it becomes a part of the alien's permenent "A" file

YMMV

A quick note about the I-94 form...

When my fiancee got hers from the cabin crew on the plane, they gave her the green I-94W form after we repeatedly asked for the white I-94 form. This person actually tried to argue with us on this point saying we needed the green one. Be sure to get the white one. If you don't get it on the plane, you should be able to get it near where you queue up for entry through immigration. There were a few people we saw get sent to the back of the queue to fill out the correct form because the silly cabin crew incorrectly instructed the passengers to use the wrong one.

Check our Timeline

Timeline
A quick note about the I-94 form...

When my fiancee got hers from the cabin crew on the plane, they gave her the green I-94W form after we repeatedly asked for the white I-94 form. This person actually tried to argue with us on this point saying we needed the green one. Be sure to get the white one. If you don't get it on the plane, you should be able to get it near where you queue up for entry through immigration. There were a few people we saw get sent to the back of the queue to fill out the correct form because the silly cabin crew incorrectly instructed the passengers to use the wrong one.

correct, and considering the OP is from Thailand, using an I-94W is not only is wrong in this situation but in any situation for them (Thailand not being a VWP country)

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Mine will be at JFK too on March 20. I wanted to ask is the white I-94 form the only thing they fill out on the plane? I fly back and forth from Poland and I always forget what form I fill out. Is there a customs form too or just the I-94? Hopefully she won't have a problem cause she doesn't really speak English well enough. Good thing she is flying with LOT which the plane will be full of Poles and someone would be able to help her out. She arrives at 9:45 at night there. Then she spends a week with her aunt in New York and then off to sunny Florida.

Timeline
Mine will be at JFK too on March 20. I wanted to ask is the white I-94 form the only thing they fill out on the plane? I fly back and forth from Poland and I always forget what form I fill out. Is there a customs form too or just the I-94? Hopefully she won't have a problem cause she doesn't really speak English well enough. Good thing she is flying with LOT which the plane will be full of Poles and someone would be able to help her out. She arrives at 9:45 at night there. Then she spends a week with her aunt in New York and then off to sunny Florida.

both the I-94 and customs form....

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.