mendeleev

Quarterfinal hockey Russia

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Damn, I must say I'm happy for Canada and all, but I was expecting that game to go to the shootout or at least overtime.

Completely destroyed Russians.

Now let's hope they beat Slovaks and go to the finals

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you're right. I remember being able to watch games at 0300 on Tuesday.

Are they going to do the same this year?

Live or delayed?

I'm pretty sure last time they were all live, so I would expect the same this year though they haven't put a telecast schedule on the ESPN website.

I was sad that Russia didn't qualify this year - no Arshavin in South Africa

90day.jpg

Timeline
I'm pretty sure last time they were all live, so I would expect the same this year though they haven't put a telecast schedule on the ESPN website.

I was sad that Russia didn't qualify this year - no Arshavin in South Africa

I was hoping for both Russia and Ukraine to qualify. They both had decently easy opponents in the play-offs. For Shevchenko 2010 was definitely the last chance to play in Mundial, but Arshavin can probably do 2014, he's not too young, but he still got 5-6 years left in his career

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
I forgot Ukraine didn't qualify, which is a shame - they did really well in 06.

I suppose Shevchenko will probably still play in the European cup in 2012

I highly doubt that. His back is pretty much f-ed at this point. He has to go for therapy to Munich every week now.

I mean he's still damn good. One of the top strikers of the past 15 years for sure, but his back is going to make him retire before 2012 I think.

Ukraine will look pretty demoralized without him in the squad. I mean he's been the inspiration for everyone for god knows how long now.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Damn, I must say I'm happy for Canada and all, but I was expecting that game to go to the shootout or at least overtime.

Completely destroyed Russians.

Now let's hope they beat Slovaks and go to the finals

Ni figa!

Since Russia is gone, I am cheering for Team Slovakia and her captain Zdeno Chara (from Boston Bruins). Go baby!

Timeline
Ni figa!

Since Russia is gone, I am cheering for Team Slovakia and her captain Zdeno Chara (from Boston Bruins). Go baby!

Фига! а я за кандцев!

Seriously though, that ####### was humiliating...

(there goes VV with trying to deport me after this comment) - I hope that if USA gets to the finals they just get destroyed, no matter whoever it is.

And Slovaks get my props for beating Sweden, that was one hell of a game

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

U-S-A! U-S-A!

It's not the miracle on ice... but you know what happened 30 years ago. Why not again this time?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I'm with you Slim. We play hockey on Sunday for the gold medal. Just not against Russia this time.

Bring 'em on, we're ready to kick some hockey butt.

:ot2::dance: :dance:

And there may be a pro or two out there as well.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A few days ago, after USA showed Canada how to play hockey, I was nervous that Russia and the USA would meet for the gold. Wouldn't have been good for domestic harmony, if you know what I mean.

No, I see the first signs of patriotism toward the USA in my better half.

USA BETTER TRASH THOSE CANADIANS, I hear!

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Once your wife starts singing "Amerrrricaaaa....... F'CK YEAH!" Then you'll know you've made it.

Русский форум член.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I picked Russia to win the gold, guess i was wrong. Would never cheer for the yanks,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

The Yanks cheer alone.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.