Nwanyioma

Finally visa approved at Lagos Consulate!!!!!!!!!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ Members,

Its my pleasure to announce to you all that my fiancee's visa has been approved at the Lagos Consulate. This visa journey has been tough. We overcame all odds. My fiancee returned to the consulate at 1pm. His number was called and he returned to the insane Asian CO who interviewed him the second time after we were initially denied the first time. She asked him if he had the documents that she requested, and he said yes and he presented it to her. She then asked When was the first time we saw each other, how long did we stay in Dubai, what i did last weekend? Then she started again to drill him on the emails that were omitted because we were calling each other husband and wife. He asked her "I thought we went over this already"? She continued by saying that American ladies dont address each other as husband and wife unless they are married and he told her that he doesnt consider me to be American since both of my parents are Nigerians. She then said that how does she know that we didnt get married in Dubai? He said that we didnt because Dubai is a muslim country. The Asian CO looked at my fiancee for about 5 seconds according to him, and she asked him if he had his passport. He said yes. Then she typed something on the computer and he gave him a yellow paper telling him that he should pick up his passport with his visa inside next week Tuesday March 2. I recommend everyone going through Lagos Consulate to pray hard and be very prepared and be ready to fight and defend your relationship. I would like to thank everyone who has helped and supported me through these trying times especially:

Africa Sub Saharan members: Thank you so much

momov31: Good Luck on Thursday I will be praying for you

Amarachi's wife: Your words of encouragement will never be forgotten Thank you so much Praying for a speedy AP

Pman's wife: Mama bear thank you so much for everything Praying for a speedy AP

effieb: My Ghanian sister Thank you so much for all you support

Nigeriaorbust: You always know how to put a smile on my face. Very good sense of humor. Thanks

Oluwakemi: Thank you

evanscholly: Sister thank you

June 2009 k1 filers

ScottThuy: Good luck tomorrow I will be praying for you

Aya & John

Still lost of words. My visa journey ends today offcially :dance::dance::dance::dance: . Very excited. Goodluck and Best wishes to everyone

Chioma and Olukayode

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sweet victory :thumbs:

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

Boy u said a mouthful lol. Im so happy for u and ty, im still praying for our win in lagos. Im ready to dance with u lady. Be blessed :dance::dance::dance:

https://youtu.be/rHQuMoJ3Xrk

Lifting Conditions

Date Filed : 2018-09-12
NOA Date : 2018-09-18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello VJ Members,

Its my pleasure to announce to you all that my fiancee's visa has been approved at the Lagos Consulate. This visa journey has been tough. We overcame all odds. My fiancee returned to the consulate at 1pm. His number was called and he returned to the insane Asian CO who interviewed him the second time after we were initially denied the first time. She asked him if he had the documents that she requested, and he said yes and he presented it to her. She then asked When was the first time we saw each other, how long did we stay in Dubai, what i did last weekend? Then she started again to drill him on the emails that were omitted because we were calling each other husband and wife. He asked her "I thought we went over this already"? She continued by saying that American ladies dont address each other as husband and wife unless they are married and he told her that he doesnt consider me to be American since both of my parents are Nigerians. She then said that how does she know that we didnt get married in Dubai? He said that we didnt because Dubai is a muslim country. The Asian CO looked at my fiancee for about 5 seconds according to him, and she asked him if he had his passport. He said yes. Then she typed something on the computer and he gave him a yellow paper telling him that he should pick up his passport with his visa inside next week Tuesday March 2. I recommend everyone going through Lagos Consulate to pray hard and be very prepared and be ready to fight and defend your relationship. I would like to thank everyone who has helped and supported me through these trying times especially:

Amarachi's wife: Your words of encouragement will never be forgotten Thank you so much Praying for a speedy AP

Nigeriaorbust: You always know how to put a smile on my face. Very good sense of humor. Thanks

June 2009 k1 filers

Aya & John

Still lost of words. My visa journey ends today offcially :dance::dance::dance::dance: . Very excited. Goodluck and Best wishes to everyone

Chioma and Olukayode

congratsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

so happy for yu guys.yur journey is enough to strengthen the weak and a lesson for petitioners to be determined and strong to fight with all they have and a courage for the beneficiary not to relent and be intimidated by cos.

congrats once again and good luck to other vj members on the journey route.

Timeline

One more victory against the Asian lady. She tried so hard to make my now husband mad. He got even by laughing at her question about his father dying because I am white. She is truly evil.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations.

USCIS JOURNEY

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2009-03-21

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-25 ALHAMDULILLAH ALLAH IS GREATEST

I-130 NOA2 hard copy: 2009-08-29

NVC JOURNEY

NVC Received/case number assigned : 2009-09-04

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-11 (online)

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-09-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-12 (by email)

DS-3032 accepted : 2009-09-26

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-09-29

Login Failed : 2009-10-26

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-10-28

Interview date : 2009-12-16 APPROVED ALHAMDULILLAH

Visa Received : 2009-12-24

Port of Entry (Houston):2010-01-28 VerySmooth ALHAMDULILLAH

Welcome notice arrived:2010-02-16

Green Card Arrived : 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Package sent to VSC : 2011-12-03

NOA1 received : 2011-12-23

Timeline

Phew!!!!!!!! Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the recent victory and keep VJ website at the back of your mind because you will be back. The journey if ever there was one is not over yet. I think the visa journey actually ends when you have a U.S passport in hand. But hey thats food for thought.....for now you must soak this one in. It truly feels like its over whne you realize that your S.O will be by your side for all future stuff..

Congrats, Nwanyioma. Great Job!

Dont forget to keep some records of your VJ battles...I think it makes for a good read for the S.O to fully understand....i mean truly comprehend the amount of effort you put in from this end....lots of threads you read....questions posed etc etc....

K1 Trip

6-23-2006: I-129 mailed

8-31-2006: K1 approved

11-15-2006: K1 Interview: done and visa approved

11-21-2006: K1 visa issued

11-27-2006: JFK as POE: Work authorized stamp on I-94

AOS Mission

12-16-2006: 1-485 + I-765 mailed

1-3-2007: NOA1 received: Notice date 12-28-2006

1-16-2007: Biometrics

1-17-2007: Case transferred to CSC

2-10-2007: I-693 RFE (whatever happened to the panel physician`s medical report?)

4-3-2007: Another I-693 RFE

5-8-2007: Resident Permit Card received Next Stop: February 6, 2009 (I-751)

Removal of Conditional Basis of Residency (Form I-751)

2-6-2009 Mailed Form 1-751:::VSC

2-14-2009 Received I-751 Receipt notice indicating one year extension of conditional residency status

3-6-2009 Biometrics:::::::::::::waiting for VSC

7-7-2009: E-mail notice received: Card production ordered

8-3-2009: 10year Green Card Received in the mail.

Naturalization Application (N-400)

2-16-2010: N-400 sent in..

4-2-2010: Biometrics

5-18-2010: Interview

6-16-2010: Certificate of Nat. received- Masterpiece is a USC!

7-16-2010: U.S Passport in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello VJ Members,

June 2009 k1 filers

Aya & John

Chioma and Olukayode

congrate

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
Phew!!!!!!!! Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the recent victory and keep VJ website at the back of your mind because you will be back. The journey if ever there was one is not over yet. I think the visa journey actually ends when you have a U.S passport in hand. But hey thats food for thought.....for now you must soak this one in. It truly feels like its over whne you realize that your S.O will be by your side for all future stuff..

Congrats, Nwanyioma. Great Job!

Dont forget to keep some records of your VJ battles...I think it makes for a good read for the S.O to fully understand....i mean truly comprehend the amount of effort you put in from this end....lots of threads you read....questions posed etc etc....

Hi,

Yes that is sooooooooo true. Nwanyioma has fought a great battle though. But oh yeah the Journey is still not over!, until the US passport is in Hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.