Necrotica

Needing help with the G-325a (biographical) form...

11 posts in this topic

Réjean (Canadian fiancé) is here with me, and he leaves tonight at 8:30 pm. We're trying to get all our forms finalized to send in for the K1 visa, but we have a problem with one part of the G-325a form. Under the "Applicant's residents past five years" part, one of the cities will not fit in the space no matter if it is hand-written or typed. It's a city called "St-Jean-sur-Richelieu". He filled out and printed the forms while I was at work, and he put in the box the partial name of the city and thought it would be ok. Not quite, honey.

So, what should we do? Hand-write the whole name to the right side of that column? Attach an additional piece of paper to clarify? Will we have to reprint the forms and leave it blank with something like "See other page"? I have no idea what to do about this, and we really do not want this package sent back.

I know, we should have finalized this way earlier.

Also, his signature is more of a character than his name... is that going to pose an issue?

Thanks for your help!!! :)

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Use a separate sheet of paper and continue on it...... thats what I did.

and just sign it .....

good luck !!!!

K-1 Journey....

05/15/2006 - Sent to TSC (Day 1)

05/30/2006 - NOA 1

07/21/2006 - NOA 2

08/23/2006 - INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL!! (Day 99)[/b]

08/24/2006 - Visa Issued......08/30/2006 --- Visa in HAND !!!

09/02/2006 - REUNITED

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/07/2006 - Married

09/07/2006 - Applied for SSN

09/13/2006 - Picked-up Marriage Certificate's from the COURTHOUSE

09/13/2006 - Vaccinations DONE !!!

09/21/2006 - SSN received

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/21/2006 - Mailed out I-485 Package to Chicago.

10/02/2006 - NOA recevied

10/06/2006 - Letter Received for Biometrics

10/10/2006 - Biometric's Done !!! Appointment for Biometric's originally was on 10/14/2006

10/23/2006 - Case Transfered to CSC

10/27/2006 - Case received at CSC

11/09/2006 - E-mail recevied from CRIS saying AOS Approved and welcome notice mailed.

11/14/2006 - An approval letter mailed.

11/15/2006 - Green Card Received !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/15/2008 - Mailed out I-751 Package to Nebreska. (mail fwd to Cali)

8/21/2008 - Package delivered.

8/25/2008 - Check Cashed/Cleared.

8/29/2008 - NOA Received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Réjean (Canadian fiancé) is here with me, and he leaves tonight at 8:30 pm. We're trying to get all our forms finalized to send in for the K1 visa, but we have a problem with one part of the G-325a form. Under the "Applicant's residents past five years" part, one of the cities will not fit in the space no matter if it is hand-written or typed. It's a city called "St-Jean-sur-Richelieu". He filled out and printed the forms while I was at work, and he put in the box the partial name of the city and thought it would be ok. Not quite, honey.

So, what should we do? Hand-write the whole name to the right side of that column? Attach an additional piece of paper to clarify? Will we have to reprint the forms and leave it blank with something like "See other page"? I have no idea what to do about this, and we really do not want this package sent back.

Also, his signature is more of a character than his name... is that going to pose an issue?

Well, I'm new at this, but I did had the same problem, and as i did with the I-129f, I attached a continuation sheet, and in the space provided I put 'see attached continuation sheet' - I titled the continuations sheet "Continuation Sheet for G-325a for <name> Question <x>.

The only thing I did not do was sign the continuation sheet, which someone told me I sould have, and I'm not sure what they will do about that.

Thats my two cents, but I'm new here - just trying to help :)

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Use an additional page to write any info that can not fit even with handwriting. Write down the items number on the additional sheet, then sign and date on the bottom of that sheet. I had to use an additional page of rmy I-130, but I did not sign it, yet it went through fine. However, I recommend you to sign and date on the additional page. Since a set of G-325A has total 4 pages, I would use microsoft word, type the info that does not fit, print 4 copies out, then sign and date it, attach each page with each G-325A page. He just needs to sign no matter what his signature is, as long as he uses the same signature.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Timeline

Necrotica,

Abbreviate. Viciously. Your fiance is probably correct, if you'd feel better run over into the Province column and abbreviate the Province name.

Yodrak

So, what should we do? ....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't think it matters much, I freely abbreviated names/addresses (from India so I don't think USCIS will understand the abbreviations either) and even I have to think to understand what I wrote then; so don't worry about it or if worried attach a separate shet. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Thanks for all the help, everyone! What I ended up doing was putting "see attachment" in the City box and then affixing a sheet that said, "Attachment sheet for G-325a for section 'Applicant's residence last five years' due to lack of space in box: City: St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu". I had Réjean sign and date it. Now I'm wondering if I should highlight that part on the G-325a to make it more noticeable or if I should just leave it as it is.

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

I think what you have described is fully adequate.

Don't give USCIS too much to think about, that always spells trouble!! :lol:

Good luck in your process!!

Thanks for all the help, everyone! What I ended up doing was putting "see attachment" in the City box and then affixing a sheet that said, "Attachment sheet for G-325a for section 'Applicant's residence last five years' due to lack of space in box: City: St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu". I had Réjean sign and date it. Now I'm wondering if I should highlight that part on the G-325a to make it more noticeable or if I should just leave it as it is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Does anyone know the real name of Bangkok, Thailand? Its the longest name of a place in the world per the Guiness book of world records. Here is the name:

Krungthep Mahanakhon Bovorn Ratanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokpop Noparatratchathani Burirom Udomratchanivet Mahasathan Amornpiman Avatarnsathit Sakkathattiyavisnukarmprasit,

meaning the 'City of Angels'

Try that on a G-325!!!!

I think what you have described is fully adequate.

Don't give USCIS too much to think about, that always spells trouble!! :lol:

Good luck in your process!!

Necrotica,

You covered everything.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know the real name of Bangkok, Thailand? Its the longest name of a place in the world per the Guiness book of world records. Here is the name:

Krungthep Mahanakhon Bovorn Ratanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokpop Noparatratchathani Burirom Udomratchanivet Mahasathan Amornpiman Avatarnsathit Sakkathattiyavisnukarmprasit,

meaning the 'City of Angels'

Try that on a G-325!!!!

Correction on Bangkok....

. The name Bangkok (บางกอก (help·info)) now refers only to an old district on the Thonburi side of the river, but continues to be used to refer to the entire city by most foreigners.

Krung Thep, or Krung Thep Maha Nakhon (IPA: [kruŋtʰeːp mahaːnakʰon], กรุงเทพมหานคร (help·info)) is the abbreviation of the city's full ceremonial name Krung Thep Maha Nakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udom Ratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanu Kamprasit (กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยามหาดิลก ภพนพรัตน์ ราชธานีบุรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์ มหาสถาน อมรพิมาน อวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยะ วิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์), (listen (help·info)), which means "The city of angels, the great city, the eternal jewel city, the impregnable city of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukam." ....

Talk about an test question! hehe

3/11/06 - 3/26/06 Visited my baby in the PI's

3/29/06 - K1 packet recieved at NSC

6/01/06 - Redirected to CSC

6/14/06 - CSC e-mailed confirmation on the reciept of file

6/23/06 - They they sent the IMBRA RFE

7/03/06 - The emailed that the IMBRA RFE went out on 6/23/06

7/03/06 - I received IMBRA RFE

7/05/06 - Touched

7/06/06 - Delivery Confirmation from the Post Office RFE recieved

7/11/06 - Email notification from CSC that IMBRA RFE Recieved

7/12/06 - Touched (but was to respond to an email that only said 'request recieved and will be processed within 30 days. argh)

7/13/06 - Touched

NOA2 September 11!!!

10/18/06 - Received at Embassy

12/23/06 - Recieved package with interview/medical schedule

01/08/06 - CFO interview/(pre-departure class) Complete

1/11/07 & 1/12/07 Medical complete

02/05/07 - Interview!!!

2/7/07 (2/8/07 manila) - Informed we are approved...3 days after interview.

2/12/07 Visa Received

2/16/07 Baby arrives in US!!!!!

4/14/07 Wedding

4/21/07 Filed AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.