Guitarlo

AOS Interview Experience in Minneapolis, MN Feb 8, 2010

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The day finally arrived and my wife, step son, and I went to our AOS interview in Bloomington, MN on Feb 8, 2010. My big worry was I am currently living on Unemployment Insurance and ready to face the big question "ARE YOU EMPLOYED?" I'm pleased to annouce that the question was never raised. As a matter of fact besides being asked for my Drivers License, I was asked nothing. The entire interveiw seemed focused on my Pinay wife. After being sworn in the CO asked for their PASSPORTS, State I.D. and anything showing we were living together. I produced a Life Insurance policy, Marriage Certifcate, (which he just glanced at) and a joint bank account (plenty). The CO then went through question by question on the I-485 I believe with the standard are you a terrorist? Have you been arrested? et al. Then the CO was very interested in my wife's (2) pervious Philippino marriages (which also raised red flags in Manila and subjected her to a special psychological evaluation at St. Lukes) and wanted to see the original annulment papers - satisfied he wrapped things up and said, "I will be looking your file over today or tomorrow and you'll get the decision in the mail probably in about week or so." Furthermore, he added, "You should put your wife's name on your mailbox just to be sure the document arrives. We get too many returned becasue of mail delivery issues." I figure I can log into the USCIS in a day and see if it was approved.

The CO was pretty much stone cold serious. Just straight to business no emotion.

If you caught my earlier posts my major concern was about being Unemployed at the time of the interview. The question was never raised and as I guessed could be a random question. According to the I864 rules the affidavit of support is supposed to be vetted before the interview and unless there's a specific reason the CO should not be asking anything about your income.

I will post again when I see the status was approved.

Thanks again VJ.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Looks good to me. Grats :D

The day finally arrived and my wife, step son, and I went to our AOS interview in Bloomington, MN on Feb 8, 2010. My big worry was I am currently living on Unemployment Insurance and ready to face the big question "ARE YOU EMPLOYED?" I'm pleased to annouce that the question was never raised. As a matter of fact besides being asked for my Drivers License, I was asked nothing. The entire interveiw seemed focused on my Pinay wife. After being sworn in the CO asked for their PASSPORTS, State I.D. and anything showing we were living together. I produced a Life Insurance policy, Marriage Certifcate, (which he just glanced at) and a joint bank account (plenty). The CO then went through question by question on the I-485 I believe with the standard are you a terrorist? Have you been arrested? et al. Then the CO was very interested in my wife's (2) pervious Philippino marriages (which also raised red flags in Manila and subjected her to a special psychological evaluation at St. Lukes) and wanted to see the original annulment papers - satisfied he wrapped things up and said, "I will be looking your file over today or tomorrow and you'll get the decision in the mail probably in about week or so." Furthermore, he added, "You should put your wife's name on your mailbox just to be sure the document arrives. We get too many returned becasue of mail delivery issues." I figure I can log into the USCIS in a day and see if it was approved.

The CO was pretty much stone cold serious. Just straight to business no emotion.

If you caught my earlier posts my major concern was about being Unemployed at the time of the interview. The question was never raised and as I guessed could be a random question. According to the I864 rules the affidavit of support is supposed to be vetted before the interview and unless there's a specific reason the CO should not be asking anything about your income.

I will post again when I see the status was approved.

Thanks again VJ.

well, congratulations, that was great... hehehe... well, i just wanna ask about the k2 forms you used in filing for your stepchild... i will be filing our AOS with my 3yr old son and i am confused of the forms i need to use... hope you can enlighten me with this... thanks!

Timeline
well, congratulations, that was great... hehehe... well, i just wanna ask about the k2 forms you used in filing for your stepchild... i will be filing our AOS with my 3yr old son and i am confused of the forms i need to use... hope you can enlighten me with this... thanks!

Hello VJ - APPROVED!!!!!!

Here's the update to my AOS meeting yesterday came today Feb 9 in my email. I signed up for the email case notification through the USCIS web site. This means a VERY LONG (2 years from the time I met my gal on CherryBlossoms.com to being married and living with me and her 11-year old) is over. I am overwhelmed with emotion and a bit teary eyed. This was a very expensive and difficult ordeal for us. To name a few: I had to hire a local Pinoy attorney to fix an illegal marriage, another lawsuit filed against the first Pinoy husband for child support, the many ups and downs with a stupid US online legal service (worthless) and being laid off in the middle of it all. What a soap opera. VJ was a great help and my biggest mistake in hindsight that I didn't know about VJ when I started. I will lurk on VJ and make comments where I think I know something. I wish the best to all of you going through this difficult process.

Happy and APPROVED! From Minnesota. :thumbs:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSC ************

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Congrats on the approval!! :dance:

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!!!

I also had a great experience at the Bloomington, MN office :)

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

• 2 months later...

The day finally arrived and my wife, step son, and I went to our AOS interview in Bloomington, MN on Feb 8, 2010.

I am up for an interview in the Bloomington office in a few weeks - just curious on what the office looks like? Are the interviews conducted within an office or like a booth? Also, how long did it take for your interview to be done? I know someone who had his interview done within 5 minutes.

They said that the COs normally ask for weird questions (sometimes to the point of invading your privacy). Hoping they won't ask too much uncomfortable questions though but I will prepare for that.

Personal Timeline

N400 JOURNEY

2015/05/02 - sent N-400 packet to USCIS [Day 0] (Saturday mail)

2015/05/12 - check cashed [Day 10]
2015/05/15 - I-797C NOA received [Day 13]

2015/06/01 - biometrics appointment [Day 29]

2015/09/10 - interview appointment [Day 131] - pending N-14 add'l evidence req'd

2015/11/17 - oath taking [Day 169]

GC/ROC JOURNEY

(In essence of keeping my signature short, please check my Timeline)

AOS JOURNEY

(In essence of keeping my signature short, please check my Timeline)

Timeline

Same as you, an I-485...

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.