♥Muslimqueen♥

Interview Question

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

This whole DVD thing is disturbing to me. We only had 2 friends and a judge at our apartment when we got married.

Needless to say NO DVD!

Our marriage is still legal and we still love each other just the same... so what does all this mean?

I have about 1200 pics from 45 days of living over there and I fly out again next week for another 3 week stay (from which there will be another big stack of pics because we both enjoy taking them so much!). If I thought the big album would fit under the window, believe me, I would show up at our interview with EVERY picture we have ever taken! Guess I will just take the best ones!

Oh and I am copying a page from every online encounter we have had since we met... and that is at least one a day since Sept 2008. As well as the phone bills. There will be stacks of proof of this relationship! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi ally and moh, all,

We got married in a mosque, 2 witnesses and the Imam (who was authorized to do legal marriages), we never had a wedding, and it wasn't even brought up at our AOS interview. We got married in the US, so I don't know if that is different.

Good luck to everyone.

This whole DVD thing is disturbing to me. We only had 2 friends and a judge at our apartment when we got married.

Needless to say NO DVD!

Our marriage is still legal and we still love each other just the same... so what does all this mean?

I have about 1200 pics from 45 days of living over there and I fly out again next week for another 3 week stay (from which there will be another big stack of pics because we both enjoy taking them so much!). If I thought the big album would fit under the window, believe me, I would show up at our interview with EVERY picture we have ever taken! Guess I will just take the best ones!

Oh and I am copying a page from every online encounter we have had since we met... and that is at least one a day since Sept 2008. As well as the phone bills. There will be stacks of proof of this relationship! :)

Congrats on the interview date !

Will he interview in Amman at the Jordan embassy?

Jax (F)

Thanks!! no he will have it at US Embassy Jerusalem, Israel.

Needless to say NO DVD!

Dont worry about it, My husband spoke to the guy who said this and the guy never even had the interview. They did not give him the pass he needs cuz he has trouble in his country, His mother had no idea about anything and went around saying they want him to bring a DVD she ment pictures, lol.

Im glad we wont have trouble with getting the pass, my hubby has no trouble on is name.

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

OK. Think I will sleep better now.

I am climbing the walls waiting for the NOA 2 as it is. Hoping I will get it before I leave Wednesday, but time is running out. I will make my mom crazy calling her to see what is in the mailbox every day! LOL! At least she knows I will call every day!

I know I can check the email, but I will also be looking for the hard copies from NVC because I really don't want to lose a day! And honestly sometimes I feel confused about how much I can do online and what I have to actually mail to NVC! But my hard copies are ready to go!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You had only 2 people at your wedding? We got denied, and one of the reasons listed was because we didn't have friends or family at the wedding. Of course we did, and we had the picture to prove it. So doesn't that worry you?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

it looks like im stalking ya M4E lol

I dont think the wedding itself is the issue as much as the wedding PARTY. That is all that the CO was concerned about at our interview. Ally, I think its totally common to only have two witnesses for a wedding. Thats all they wanted in the judges office when we married anyway. Did you guys have a party though? Ours was small but it had a gazillion people crammed into the house and we got pics of all of us lol

We also went to a studio and had wedding pics taken afterwards... maybe you guys can have some late ones done when you go back next time.

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
it looks like im stalking ya M4E lol

I dont think the wedding itself is the issue as much as the wedding PARTY. That is all that the CO was concerned about at our interview. Ally, I think its totally common to only have two witnesses for a wedding. Thats all they wanted in the judges office when we married anyway. Did you guys have a party though? Ours was small but it had a gazillion people crammed into the house and we got pics of all of us lol

We also went to a studio and had wedding pics taken afterwards... maybe you guys can have some late ones done when you go back next time.

You are my favorite stalker Lisa! lol

I know that we didn't get denied because of their assumption that no one was there, but they used it as one of the excuses for the denial. And we did have family there! It's a shame we don't learn the "what not to do" until it's too late. :angry:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

You are my favorite stalker Lisa! lol

I know that we didn't get denied because of their assumption that no one was there, but they used it as one of the excuses for the denial. And we did have family there! It's a shame we don't learn the "what not to do" until it's too late. :angry:

If you dont mind me asking what happend after you got denied? did you try it agian?

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow I'm glad about they didn't need the dvd of the wedding. That is at least one less thing to worry about. I do have plenty of pics of the party...Egyptians love to have parties!! :thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Dont worry about it, My husband spoke to the guy who said this and the guy never even had the interview. They did not give him the pass he needs cuz he has trouble in his country, His mother had no idea about anything and went around saying they want him to bring a DVD she ment pictures, lol.

So it was really a '#######' thing, coming in sideways as a rumour, thoroughly trashed by 'translation problem' as well.

I am SO FRICKIN HAPPY that you made the time to VETTE THE DATA - see? You saved yerself some grief by getting 'to the bottom' of 'the story'.

Yay Muslim Queen !

I am super duper proud of you, for once !!!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate threads moved from Regional Forum and from CR-1 forum and moved here as relate to Consulate issues.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.