transtronix

Beware of the Chicago lockbox for K3

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just a real bad experience :crying: with my K3 application being rejected. My lawyer sent the I-129F to the Chicago lock box as the I-130 instructed but my application was sent back with a note asking it to be sent to the California Service Center. Its frustrating and as I lost almost 4 weeks due to the incorrect info provided by the USCIS instruction form.

:(

Patience.....Patience......Patience

eYcJm6.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I just a real bad experience :crying: with my K3 application being rejected. My lawyer sent the I-129F to the Chicago lock box as the I-130 instructed but my application was sent back with a note asking it to be sent to the California Service Center. Its frustrating and as I lost almost 4 weeks due to the incorrect info provided by the USCIS instruction form.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your lawyer is a moron.

After the I-130 is sent to the Chicago lock box, they send an I-797C, Notice of Action (referred to around here as an NOA1).

The instructions (top right hand side of page 5) for the I-129F state the following:

If you are filing an I-129F petition for your spouse, mail your petition to the Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.

So you send the I-130 to Chicago, Chicago then sends it to California. That means that is where your underlying I-130 petition is currently pending...not Chicago. Your lawyer should know this because the instructions say to "Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice. And make sure you include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F. That means make a copy of the I-797C, Notice of Action and mail it along with your I-129F.

Good luck and tell your lawyer to read the instructions for the I-129F. If I were you I would be a bit upset...that's his job for crying out loud. How much are you paying this person? I hope it isn't much.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Great, your lawyer can't read and follow instructions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is exactly why I DONT have a lawyer... I would much rather be pi$$#d at myself, than think I was blowing my money on an over paid idiot

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
This is exactly why I DONT have a lawyer... I would much rather be pi$$#d at myself, than think I was blowing my money on an over paid idiot

Fire your lawyer. Get help from the knowledgeable people over here. You will be in good hands.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
Fire your lawyer. Get help from the knowledgeable people over here. You will be in good hands.

If that is truly the case you have a good cause of action for legal malpractice. Just because one laywer does it wrong does not mean all laywers are dumb. You probably want to look into the legal malpractice angle if the lawyer really did what he did.

9/1/2009: Applied for I-130

9/14/2009: NOA1 for I-130

9/21/2009: NOA1 for I-129F (CSC)

9/25/2009: NOA1 received for I-129F (receipt of mail)

01/08/2010 : Thank you very much Jesus..... NOA 2 129F

01/08/2010 : NOA 2 I-130

01/15/2010 : Embassy gets the approval notice (Awesome..Love K3...so glad we have done K3)

01/20/2010: Embassy schedules interview for K3

02/19/2010: K3 interview over and approved.

[Thank You very much Jesus and our heavenly father.]

Timeline
If that is truly the case you have a good cause of action for legal malpractice. Just because one laywer does it wrong does not mean all laywers are dumb. You probably want to look into the legal malpractice angle if the lawyer really did what he did.

Not much consequence to no more than a week of delay.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Not much consequence to no more than a week of delay.

I would fire my lawyer rite away but since he signed the forms as the document preparer all the papers from now on will go to him and I don't want him to take revenge and delay my case further.

Any ideas on how to have the USCIS send me the papers and not to my lawyer. What would I have to do for that? Definitely not anything that would delay my process.

Thanks for all your replies.

Edited by transtronix

eYcJm6.png

Timeline

I know what you mean.....Bad move but the only thing I can do now is to play smart and just double check everything from now on. The moron of a lawyer is nothing now but just a pain in the butt.

If only I could fire him without any of my papers going over to his office. That is the only thing that is keeping me from firing him.

eYcJm6.png

Timeline
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your lawyer is a moron.

After the I-130 is sent to the Chicago lock box, they send an I-797C, Notice of Action (referred to around here as an NOA1).

The instructions (top right hand side of page 5) for the I-129F state the following:

If you are filing an I-129F petition for your spouse, mail your petition to the Service Center where the underlying I-130 petition is currently pending. Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice or transfer notice and include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F.

So you send the I-130 to Chicago, Chicago then sends it to California. That means that is where your underlying I-130 petition is currently pending...not Chicago. Your lawyer should know this because the instructions say to "Use the address listed on your most recent receipt notice. And make sure you include a copy of that notice with your Form I-129F. That means make a copy of the I-797C, Notice of Action and mail it along with your I-129F.

Good luck and tell your lawyer to read the instructions for the I-129F. If I were you I would be a bit upset...that's his job for crying out loud. How much are you paying this person? I hope it isn't much.

Thanks bud.......I am not paying the lawyer anything, its suppose to be a wedding gift from my cousin. Apparently my cousin is good friends with this stupid lawyer and that's he forced me to use him. To make matters ever worst this lawyer does not even handle family visa's, he is more into employment visa's. I just hope that I don't have to depend on him from now on for any further paperwork.

I am just not sure what other papers will I have to fill out from now on that I have to use this stupid lawyer.

eYcJm6.png

Employment visas are a far different kettle of fish than a spousal visa. These practitioners are rarely a good choice for a family based case.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline
I am just not sure what other papers will I have to fill out from now on that I have to use this stupid lawyer.

You will unless you fire him.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

oh dont be sad the same thing happened to me i sent the 129-f to chicagho and it back to me twice i lost around 6 weeks but its okay my k3 now is there for 3 monthes and i still didnt hear any thing about noa2

You should check what the other people have done when they fired their lawyers. I think they called the USCIS or NVC and made sure the notices were sent to their address.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.