lidcomg

Sending supporting documents with N400 - 3 year marriage

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello All,

I am ready to file my N-400 through attorney. Through a lot of posts i read we need to send supporting documents with N-400. But my attorney is saying he will show them supporting document during interview and will not send with N-400.

Can you guys please suggest me should I send supporting document right now or should with application, does it matter if I send supporting document during interview.

Please help

thank you

Hi ...

Well, actually you don't need an attorney for this but now that you have one .....

The application says to send in the supporting documents along with it but who am I to argue with yor attorney!

GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND...

Timeline

01-30-06 2-Year Green Card Approved

02-11-06 2-Year Green Card Arrival

11-05-07 I-751 Petition MAILED To TSC

11-08-07 I-751 Petition RECEIVED At TSC

11-26-07 I-751 Petition Transferred to CSC and Check Cashed

12-01-07 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-17-07 Biometrics Letter Received / Scheduled for 1/8/08

01-08-08 Biometrics Completed At ASC

01-08-08 Touched

01-09-08 Touched

03-26-08 10-Year GC APPROVED!!!! HOORAY!!!

04-03-08 10-Year GC ARRIVES! GC Journey Over For Another 10-Years~On To Citizenship

N-400 Application

10-15-2009 Application Filed

10-16-2009 Application Received / Lewisville, TX

10-21-2009 NOA I-797 Receipt for Application

11-10-2009 Electronic Notice of RFE For Biometrics

11-12-2009 Biometrics Letter Received

12-04-2009 Biometrics

12-17-2009 Notice That File Has Been Transferred To Local Office For Standard Interview

01-19-2010 Interview - PASSED! HOORAY!

01-20-2010 Oath for NEW U.S. Citizen! FINISHED AND DONE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I didn't use my attorney for the N-400, this guy was great in helping me bring my wife and her daughter here. During that phase, we sent a ton of evidence, he suggested I do the same for the N-400 and also suggested we do it ourselves. But did help me with a couple of those nebulous questions at no charge.

Your application could be rejected and your fee lost. In my experience, your attorney is an idiot. They will never get angry at you if you send them too much evidence.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking up for the other side of the equation - we didn't use a lawyer either. We sent exactly what was requested in the list of documents on "The Guide to Naturalization" booklet - no more and no less. I took additional documents with me for the interview but they were never requested. I passed the interview with no problems. So, my suggestion is to send in exactly what is requested - no more and no less - and bring everything else with you to the interview. They don't actually review your file until the interview date except to determine it is complete. The CO was going through my application and documents page by page in front of me - she had never seen it before that time.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hello All,

I am ready to file my N-400 through attorney. Through a lot of posts i read we need to send supporting documents with N-400. But my attorney is saying he will show them supporting document during interview and will not send with N-400.

Can you guys please suggest me should I send supporting document right now or should with application, does it matter if I send supporting document during interview.

Please help

thank you

Sounds like your attorney is trying to justify getting paid for not having to do much.

Send what the "Guide to Naturalization" recommends..

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Timeline

I agree with your attorney 100%. Send what is requested, nothing more.

In this final phase of your journey, they do not want any evidence about your good faith marriage anymore. You are way beyond that. What you need for an early (3-year) citizenship is that you are still married to your wife and that you guys still live together. Tax returns showing your identical address and having filed jointly or at least as married are the main evidence for that.

If you like, take some additional evidence with you to the interview. Most likely you won't need it though.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

For Naturalization, generally this is what the USCIS wants, evidence-wise, to enclose in your application:

Document Checklist for Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

Just submit whatever you have and/or is applicable to you from this list and you should be ok there..

For example, with mainly just the application form, application fee, copy of your green card, 2 passport photos, tax returns/transcript, the marriage certificate, your spouse's proof of US Citizenship, as evidence....

Other have submitted with just only those pieces of paperwork, and have had their cases based on marriage approved.....

I, on the other hand, went the "better safe than sorry" approach, submitting 95+ pages worth of evidence, just as many documents as I did for the I-751, as you can read about here as to what I submitted exactly for my N-400:

N-400: Ant’s Naturalization Evidence and Information Submitted (3 year marriage rule)…, Is this enough evidence?...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=218133&hl=

But this much eveidence is not manditory, and you don't have to submit all of this.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your journey too.

Ant

P.S. As for an attorney, this is not needed for the N-400, for a straight-forward case. You can easily file the paperwork for yourself here if it is a straight-forward case. As well, the attorney cannot attend the interview with you, so they are useless in that sense too.

Why pay hundreds of dollars for someone else to send your case for you...

When you can do it yourself for a lot less...

Just a thought.....

P.P.S. And by all means, you can take additional evidence with you during the interview too. In fact, prior to the interview, you will be sent an "interview document checklist" (or something like that) and "interview letter", that tells you specifically what documents to bring, so bring those documents accordingly as suggested there too.

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So why besides our tax returns did my wife's IO insist on seeing our home deed, vehicle registrations, all of our bank account statements, insurance, plus even that crazy joint named electric bill? Plus our marriage certificate and divorce papers.

Suppose it's okay if you live across the street from your field office, but think twice when having to take a day off of work with a 435 mile trip and friend of us ahead of us got an RFE for not having that not even listed joint utility bill that caused major delays in their processing.

Guess it all depend on what kind of a hardass you get for an IO, my crystal ball doesn't point that out. Does yours?

• 5 years later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't need a lawyer. I did everything myself on bringing my wife here in the united states. I am also doing my wife's n-400 application myself. Why would you want to pay a lawyer becaused you will anyway doing the work yourself. He will tell you to give him all the evidence while you can do it yourself. You need to send in evidence with your n-400 application. Your lawyer doesn't know what he or she is talking about. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

You don't need a lawyer. I did everything myself on bringing my wife here in the united states. I am also doing my wife's n-400 application myself. Why would you want to pay a lawyer becaused you will anyway doing the work yourself. He will tell you to give him all the evidence while you can do it yourself. You need to send in evidence with your n-400 application. Your lawyer doesn't know what he or she is talking about. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Did you notice this is 5 years old thread ?

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Did you notice this is 5 years old thread ?

:thumbs:

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.