KittyPollitt

Anyone going to Casablanca/Rabat Sale in the next few months that has time to hang out?

54 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We will be in Morocco sometime this year, depends on when his mom comes here and wants to go back!

We had planned for May but looks like its gonna be later now!

It's looking like I'll be there through September, maybe longer depending on USCIS.. I'm gonna settle in for the long haul.. :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
ROFL about the tea! I MISS the tea!!! I also miss the harira. I've tried to make it a couple of times and it's never right. I can't wait to go back and have my mother-in-law show me how to do it right. Could be that I don't have a pressure cooker...

Ok, but seriously, don't forget about the Moroccan coffee. Oh my gosh that stuff was better than Starbucks! (Which explains why there's no Starbucks...something I will introduce my husband to very quickly after he gets here!)

The best coffee i ever had in my life was in the dirty, near empty bus depot in Rissani. There were flies and strange men buzzing about, and i swear it had to be made with goat milk or something, but damn it was the best i ever had.

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
The best coffee i ever had in my life was in the dirty, near empty bus depot in Rissani. There were flies and strange men buzzing about, and i swear it had to be made with goat milk or something, but damn it was the best i ever had.

I love french pressed coffee.. my grandmother had a french press when i was a teenager, and i recognized it right away when i was in morocco- across from a bus stop in a crappy cafe in Agadir.. he yelled at me for giving our leftover sugarcubes to a bum.. lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It's funny you posted this because my fiance and I are at the beginning stages of planning to meet each other in Morocco probably around March. :thumbs:

Not exactly sure where we'll go yet. Anyone have any recommendations for some place somewhat romantic? :wub: We don't have much money so we won't be able to go out much, but it would be nice to walk around and view some pretty scenery.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
It's funny you posted this because my fiance and I are at the beginning stages of planning to meet each other in Morocco probably around March. :thumbs:

Not exactly sure where we'll go yet. Anyone have any recommendations for some place somewhat romantic? :wub: We don't have much money so we won't be able to go out much, but it would be nice to walk around and view some pretty scenery.

Asilah is beautiful :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

Agadir and Essaouira are beautiful- great beaches and markets

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I loved the beaches in Rabat. They also have several great tourist sites there (castles and the like). Also, along the beach next to the main castle there is an evening carnival-like event. I'm not sure how often it happens but families were there and they had all sorts of things going on, including this guy who was juggling flaming batons. It was down the street from Hassan and on the opposite side, just out of one of the exits out of the large souk (like an outdoor shopping mall). And if you can get yourself invited to a wedding...they are so much fun! There were so many while I was there but my husband's family told me the summer was wedding season. One night in his town there were 5!

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Timeline
I loved the beaches in Rabat. They also have several great tourist sites there (castles and the like). Also, along the beach next to the main castle there is an evening carnival-like event. I'm not sure how often it happens but families were there and they had all sorts of things going on, including this guy who was juggling flaming batons. It was down the street from Hassan and on the opposite side, just out of one of the exits out of the large souk (like an outdoor shopping mall). And if you can get yourself invited to a wedding...they are so much fun! There were so many while I was there but my husband's family told me the summer was wedding season. One night in his town there were 5!

Yeah...i went to a wedding last time i was there...it started at 10pm & was still going strong when we left at 6am...lol Moroccans definitely know how to party.

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I have nothing bad to say about Rabat haha cuz that's where my family and hubbys family is from and summer is definitly wedding season cuz more people are off work and can attend. Oh how I'm missing Morocco...

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have nothing bad to say about Rabat haha cuz that's where my family and hubbys family is from and summer is definitly wedding season cuz more people are off work and can attend. Oh how I'm missing Morocco...

If I were going to live in Morocco for any length of time, it would sooooo be Rabat! (As long as we could have an "English" toilet. LOL!) :)

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Timeline
If I were going to live in Morocco for any length of time, it would sooooo be Rabat! (As long as we could have an "English" toilet. LOL!) :)

I'm actually going to go to Rabat this time.. last time I didn't make it.. I was in a Casablanca state of mind ^_^

Timeline

I to am going to visit my fiancee in Morocco, sometime in March or early April. I keep seeing these posts about "English" toilets and such. Am I missing something? LOL! I am starting to get a bid worried that many of my "normal daily" amenities are being crossed of as "normal" in Morocco rather quickly........

That being said...I still can not wait to go to such a beautiful place!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Back to the Mountain Dew dilemma: You can find Mt Dew, Root Beer, Dr Pepper, Ginger Ale and a few others at the American Club in Rabat. It's not too far from the American Embassy. Your only problem is you need to buy a pass to enter the American Club. It's a nice little restaurant that caters to American expats. Also, inside the compound is also the Commissary, which is rumored to have zebra cakes, brown sugar, bacon and all kinds of goodies. But, you can't buy your way into the Commissary, as it's only open for Embassy and Military personnel. But, it's certainly possible to meet some people there and ask them to buy you what you want.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.