KittyPollitt

Anyone going to Casablanca/Rabat Sale in the next few months that has time to hang out?

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks very much to those who recommended locations. I appreciate it greatly. I'm worried that my fiance won't be granted a tourist visa to Morocco. He asked a travel agent about which countries are easiest for Pakistani citizens to get into and Morocco and Turkey were at the bottom of that short list. The agent is going to gather the information needed and get back to my fiance on Monday, so we'll see what happens.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
English toliet (western toliet) vs peeing on your heels over a hole. For all other functions I suggest you find a McDonalds ;)

You know, I have never seen one of these hole in the ground toilets that everyone talks about in Morocco. I remember reading "Culture Shock, Morocco" before I went there the first time and it mentioned this. I was freaked out, I even asked my husband if he knew what toilet paper was and if I needed to bring some. He was offended that I would think like that about Morocco. He had a western toilet in his apartment, so does his family's home(they have 2) and everywhere else we visited had western toilets.

I can't imagine using one of those!

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
You know, I have never seen one of these hole in the ground toilets that everyone talks about in Morocco. I remember reading "Culture Shock, Morocco" before I went there the first time and it mentioned this. I was freaked out, I even asked my husband if he knew what toilet paper was and if I needed to bring some. He was offended that I would think like that about Morocco. He had a western toilet in his apartment, so does his family's home(they have 2) and everywhere else we visited had western toilets.

Totally agree with you! I have never peed in one of those things although my grandma does have one in the storage/washing/maids room/house whatever you want to call it lol

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiance lives in Sbata, Casablanca.. when I went last year- no sitting toilets, no hot water, no shower. They just put them in last month because I'm coming... people still live the old fashioned way in some places ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I guess it depends on where you go. I used one for 8 weeks. I hadn't ever heard of it before I got there. I will NEVER forget the way I felt or the look of surprise on my husband's face when we got home from the airport and I asked where the restroom was for the first time and I about died of shock. LOL! I did wonder about the toilet paper too before I left. I have friends who have been to Costa Rica and said they don't have toilet paper in public places there. But I couldn't bring myself to ask and didn't want to offend my husband (then fiance). I was relieved it was there!!!

When we were at the hotel in Rabat and then at the airport in Casa were the only two times I had the luxury of the toilet we are used to here in the states. Now my husband and his family are extremely clean and it was never gross...in fact if you've ever been camping here in the US and used one of the outdoor out houses or a port-a-johns at a public event...those are way more disgusting. But, it still was something completely different and I just couldn't do it for the rest of my life! They did say the "English" toilet (as they call it) is more common in the cities. But, when we were at a cafe in Taza while we were doing paperwork, there was a public ground toilet and it was only because I really needed it, that I used it.

Sorry for all this toilet talk. I just will never, ever forget it! lol!

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They are not so bad... you get used to them...

And not only that sometimes the squat position helps facilitate the cleansing of your plumbing...

Sorry.. TMI ! :lol: :lol:

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
I guess it depends on where you go. I used one for 8 weeks. I hadn't ever heard of it before I got there. I will NEVER forget the way I felt or the look of surprise on my husband's face when we got home from the airport and I asked where the restroom was for the first time and I about died of shock. LOL! I did wonder about the toilet paper too before I left. I have friends who have been to Costa Rica and said they don't have toilet paper in public places there. But I couldn't bring myself to ask and didn't want to offend my husband (then fiance). I was relieved it was there!!!

When we were at the hotel in Rabat and then at the airport in Casa were the only two times I had the luxury of the toilet we are used to here in the states. Now my husband and his family are extremely clean and it was never gross...in fact if you've ever been camping here in the US and used one of the outdoor out houses or a port-a-johns at a public event...those are way more disgusting. But, it still was something completely different and I just couldn't do it for the rest of my life! They did say the "English" toilet (as they call it) is more common in the cities. But, when we were at a cafe in Taza while we were doing paperwork, there was a public ground toilet and it was only because I really needed it, that I used it.

Sorry for all this toilet talk. I just will never, ever forget it! lol!

Yes, it all depends on where you go. I used an Eastern-style toilet in an apartment I stayed in Khemisset for about 6 weeks. In Morocco, most modern restaurants, hotels and homes will have a Western toilet. I have also used Eastern toilets in Egypt, Taiwan, Singapore, Sri Lanka and India. The Eastern facilities in Taiwan and Singapore are the nicest I have ever seen. They were extremely clean and were flushable! It doesn't really matter what type of bathroom I use now. By my experiences with Eastern toilets, I am quite the professional! :star:

As far as first-timers to Eastern countries, ALWAYS bring tissue and liquid sanitizer in your purse/pocket. It is a MUST!

moroccantea.jpg

Timeline

Listen to my wonderful fiance live on Moroccan radio, Wednesday Jan 20th, at 12 noon EST (17h GMT) click this link, and then click on "ECOUTER RADIO LIVE" in the top right corner.. Support independent Moroccan rap!

Rabat Chaine Inter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.